South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

A favour needed!

I am trying to restore my 5 back to its former glory

Am on a bit of a budget - so does anyone local to me have an engine crane that I could borrow please? Id be happy to donate a few beer tokens.

Thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A favour needed!

Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    I am trying to restore my 5 back to its former glory

Am on a bit of a budget - so does anyone local to me have an engine crane that I could borrow please? Id be happy to donate a few beer tokens.

Thanks.
    You don't need one see if any one has a pool table lift thats how I done mine put it under the sub frame and wind it up then drop it as a whole wind it down and lift the car over just a little bit of the slam panel job done

Post Thanks / Like

2 blokes can just lift the engine out. Or you could drop the whole subframe with a trolley jack and plank of wood.
    Last edited by SCHWARTZ; 31-10-2011 at 11:02.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello mate i dont own one myself but can borrow one from a friend. only weekend use really tho as he uses it during the week for work. If thats any good to ya pm me your number and ill give you a ring

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    You don't need one see if any one has a pool table lift thats how I done mine put it under the sub frame and wind it up then drop it as a whole wind it down and lift the car over just a little bit of the slam panel job done
    That sounds like a great idea, wish I'd thought of that one.

Alternately, use the right tool for the job and borrow an engine crane. I'm sure there's someone near you that can help you out.

Get in touch with your regional rep, they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_8 View Post
    That sounds like a great idea, wish I'd thought of that one.

Alternately, use the right tool for the job and borrow an engine crane. I'm sure there's someone near you that can help you out.

Get in touch with your regional rep, they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
    Done the job for me! No problem then you can build the engine back up again and just wheel it under the car and screw it back up in to place again