Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

alternator wiring

hi guys been about 4 months or so since i removed the engine and everything and ive lost the pics i took ive got a new engine loom from CGB motorsport.

So if anyone has got any pics of the terminals on the alternator that would be a great help just want to make sure i put it all back in 100%

Cheers Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: alternator wiring

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, the terminals should be slightly different sizes for positive and negative so you shouldent be able to get them the wrong way round

Also, the purple and yellow wires on the top will have a nice block connecter as you have a new loom. Make sure your alternator warning light on the dash goes out when you start the car. If it doesent these wires are probably the wrong way round in the block connecter, Ive seen two brand new engine looms from Renault where they have put the wires on the wrong way round !!

Kris

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The connections are not sized thats the problem ive got, the plug is all fitted easy since it only goes one way, think ive got them round the right way just dont want to damage anything by trying to start it up but its not ready to start yet.