Post Thanks / Like

Check your tyre valves for cracks!!!

A colleague at work had 5 new tyres fitted in 2005, 2 went down last week, and on investigation he found that the valves had perished. He's since checked the others and 2 were cracked, and one was OK. Of the cracked ones, one was the spare, so it hadn't been affected by UV, just age. Looking closer it's obvious that the good valve is of a different make.

So, there is a batch of dangerous valves out there, check yours (and your family's)before something nasty happens.

These are rubber, not bolt the in type.. move them about, look around the base for cracks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Check your tyre valves for cracks!!!

Mine are fine, I've got the missus sniffing around her cars tyres at work...I better double check when she gets home though.

Good shout And

Post Thanks / Like

its also an mot failure ppl. just so u know.

good shout tho andrew

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I had a couple of tyres fitted to my bike a few years back. I was cleaning the bike one day and I knocked the back tyre valve which duly fell off in my hand, obviously all the air escaped in one go.

The previous day I was travelling at xxx speed on a closed road. I dread to think what would have happened if it had gone at that point!