Post Thanks / Like

HELP, my mam wants to scrap it.

a couple of you will already know the story from speaking to richie.

those of you who helped out in getting parts i am very greatful.

PROBLEM.

i have a new head new liners and pistons and a t25 turbo at richies waiting for me. as it 162 miles from my house i cant get my car there. richie is away for 2 weeks and i need the car done asap as its been off the road just over 8 weeks now. my mam has got fed up with me and the car and wants to get rid of it. i have tried loads of things to solve the issue but none have worked.

LAST RESORT.

if any who is inbetween newport south wales and bedford (just down the road from santa pod) is willing to help here is what i need.

i would need you to got to richies in bedford to pick up the parts. then come to mine and help me stick it all back in as i am not the best with engines.

there is money on offer and also i wil have a couple of cans of lager and plenty of bacon n egg to keep you going while you work.

if you are intrested in helping me out with my mint raider PLEASE give me a text or a ring. 07917865879

thanks

james
    Last edited by haizyr5gtt; 16-07-2009 at 14:24.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP, my mam wants to scrap it.

135 on a public road, it goes wrong, now wanting someone you've never met to bale you out and graft for free (or near as)

I dont have the words.

Post Thanks / Like

But there's plenty of bacon n' egg on offer...

Post Thanks / Like

an he says 'it will not be done again'....

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these for sale ... would you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy-G View Post
    135 on a public road, it goes wrong, now wanting someone you've never met to bale you out and graft for free (or near as)

I dont have the words.

im learning from mistakes. im 19 years old its my first car, my dream car, i got carried away. evryone ****s up every now and then and i have now. i have met a couple of people from rtoc but not many. i have been told that many of you are very helpful and friendly. as i said ther is money on offer. favors will be returned if they can be.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gymnast View Post
    I have one of these for sale ... would you like it?

Saves your licence driving that even if you do manage to get 88mph you will disappear

My car got called a delorean she enjoyed the drive though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haizyr5gtt View Post
    im learning from mistakes. im 19 years old its my first car, my dream car, i got carried away. evryone ****s up every now and then and i have now. i have met a couple of people from rtoc but not many. i have been told that many of you are very helpful and friendly. as i said ther is money on offer. favors will be returned if they can be.

Your why my b-a-s-tard insurance is so high, wreckless and thoughtless driving that could have killed...

Ive had a renault 5 gt turbo since i past my test at 17... never done anything stupid like that or even done that in the v6 clio..... and by the way raider wheels are raider blue... you mean almost mint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Your why my b-a-s-tard insurance is so high, wreckless and thoughtless driving that could have killed...

Ive had a renault 5 gt turbo since i past my test at 17... never done anything stupid like that or even done that in the v6 clio..... and by the way raider wheels are raider blue... you mean almost mint

i know raider wheels are blue and the previous owner sold them. read my profile. it is in mint condition just not completly standard.

and as for the insurance comment mine is £1900 tpft. thats the first time i tryed doing anything stupid in the car and also the last. only ever had 1 accident in my life and that was on the motorbike.

im looking to get the car sorted so i can keep it nice this time. it realy wont hapen again.

i know you are all thinking. T.W.A.T. we have got off on the wrong foot. im not that type of lad to be honest. PLEASE help me start again.
    Last edited by haizyr5gtt; 16-07-2009 at 14:36.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have the words.

am i missing something here!!??

can we all be filled in?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I MIGHT be able to get the parts to you but not sure when?

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you get on a train and go and get the parts, or arrange a courier?

Post Thanks / Like

i can do that yes but it is pointless as i wont be able to repair it all myself and we all know that the garage will charge about £500 to do it by there nut by nut procedures and timing rates. so i need someone who is willing to help me out with fitting aswell but on the cheap.

and a train ticket is £110

Post Thanks / Like

I was 19 with a red top nova. I never made a dick of myself like that though. The only time it seen that kind of speed was a track.

In fact, over the last 18 years I've had everything from M3'sw to boxters to cosworths, not one of them has seen that sort of speed a public road.

Certainly not racing some some other muppet with more ego than brains.

Having lost a good mate at a young age because two ****s were racing and had a head on with him (one was on the wrong side of the road) then sorry, but all out of sympathy.

If your old enough to buy the car, your old enough to be responsible with it, and your certainly old enough to fix your own mistake or hire a bloody courier to at least get you the parts.

Post Thanks / Like

I was 19 with a red top nova. I never made a dick of myself like that though. The only time it seen that kind of speed was a track.

In fact, over the last 18 years I've had everything from M3'sw to boxters to cosworths, not one of them has seen that sort of speed a public road.

Certainly not racing some some other muppet with more ego than brains.

Having lost a good mate at a young age because two ****s were racing and had a head on with him (one was on the wrong side of the road) then sorry, but all out of sympathy.

If your old enough to buy the car, your old enough to be responsible with it, and your certainly old enough to fix your own mistake or hire a bloody courier to at least get you the parts.

im sort of guesin i realy pissed you off here. well im sorry for any agresion, offence or disturbance in your mood.

like i said, i have admitted i was being a c**t i have apolagised for being a c**t and have said i wont be a c**t again. al i need is a chance to redeem myself and to do that i need help as i have been made redundant. yes like i said i can get the parts myself but its pointless as i am not mechanically minded as some of you on here.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't afford to get parts for it, and you can't afford to pay someone to fix it, and you have no job, should you not surely be thinking about selling it?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow it's harsh on here, I can feel the burn from here.

Get the parts and I'm sure someone will help, won't you?

Post Thanks / Like

well i had a job when i bought the parts. and im not going to get much for it with the engine in the passenger footwell am i?lol. thats why i want these new parts fitted before i sell it as i have a £3000 offer on it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get your parts, get your hands dirty = get help !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Wow it's harsh on here, I can feel the burn from here.

Get the parts and I'm sure someone will help, won't you?

your not the only one feeling the burn mate.lol. i no people arent happy with me but hey everybody deserves help and a second chance. if i was reading this and the shoes were on the other feet i would be more than helpful to be honest as i enjoy helping people out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Get your parts, get your hands dirty = get help !

i bought the parts just need them here. i got my hands dirty by stripping it but not feeling too confident on putting it back together.

Post Thanks / Like

if your selling the car dont ask for free help. if somone puts that much time and effort into helping you out and you go and sell the car its a bit of a piss take. either pay somone or do it yourself if your selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

was this speeding and blowing it up, not on the way home from richies? just after its been rebuilt? so technicly that whats you call running it in a bit hard ?

IAM sorry IAM out

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I cant help but i think someone would probably be more than happy to help if you just got the bits to your place. Im sure it would only cost £20 to get couriered up or something and you will be much more likely to be helped.
    We all make mistakes, you were lucky this time and learned a lesson from it, so best of luck gettin it sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    if your selling the car dont ask for free help. if somone puts that much time and effort into helping you out and you go and sell the car its a bit of a piss take. either pay somone or do it yourself if your selling it.
    Child of Blairs Britain mate. Entitled, don't ya know.

And OP, fair enough, your putting your hands up to being a dick and wanting a second chance. I respect you for having the balls to do that.

However, joining a forum just to ask for help, then to sell the motor, pocket the cash and dissapear into the wind as another '5 minute member' isn't really the done thing. Never has been around here, never will be. Have a look on the general chat board to see how many of us are in this for the long term. Like everything else in life its a credit/debit system. I've (like many, many others) helped a load of folk off here, and never took a penny for any graft I've put out, but they have been members who have been around for a while and who have put something into the club. Not just joiners because they have ****ed their car and need fixed and rid off sharpish.

Me? I just want the 5 to get the classic status it so richly deserves. Daft kids street racing on a public highway isnt exactly helping that cause I dont think!

Post Thanks / Like

im not being arsy here now but if you read it i have money on offer. i just havent stated an amount. so to be honest if somebody wants to help out from descency then you are welcome and the apreciation will be shown greatfuly.

im not demanding people to do it, i am simply asking them if they will consider helping me out.

i would be more than happy to help someone out who made a mistake and needed to sell the car to pay off debts if he/she offered me money lager and bacon and egg. and to be honest if his/her circumstances were as bad as mine then i would be happy for them to just cover my petrol and feed me. but hey what can i see i need the help and am offering as much as i can to please the person who does help me out. money, food and lager for the time they are here.

Post Thanks / Like

Me? I just want the 5 to get the classic status it so richly deserves. Daft kids street racing on a public highway isnt exactly helping that cause I dont think![/quote]

GTTnutters here and i just explained that same thing to him, fewer and fewer of these cars around, is insurance going down... is it f-uck... because of things like that. pah mine will be bubble wrapped in no time until iam o;ld and grey and have no worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you've stated your case mate, thats all you can do.

The litmus test will be if you get someone willing to PM you and offer to act both as a courier and do the graft for you, for whatever you decide to offer them.

Thats the bare economics of it.

Post Thanks / Like

was this speeding and blowing it up, not on the way home from richies? just after its been rebuilt? so technicly that whats you call running it in a bit hard ?

IAM sorry IAM out

no mate i did run it in and racked up over 2000 responsible miles on it before i even went over 70mph.

it was on the way back from a club meet in weston super mare.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Me? I just want the 5 to get the classic status it so richly deserves. Daft kids street racing on a public highway isnt exactly helping that cause I dont think!

GTTnutters here and i just explained that same thing to him, fewer and fewer of these cars around, is insurance going down... is it f-uck... because of things like that. pah mine will be bubble wrapped in no time until iam o;ld and grey and have no worries.[/quote]

Jon you may only be 22 ish but you have the body and mind of an 80 year old, you go slower than the speed limits I have seen you drive We have all done stupid things in the past me included and I would never do them again as have learn't from my mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Child of Blairs Britain mate. Entitled, don't ya know.

And OP, fair enough, your putting your hands up to being a dick and wanting a second chance. I respect you for having the balls to do that.

However, joining a forum just to ask for help, then to sell the motor, pocket the cash and dissapear into the wind as another '5 minute member' isn't really the done thing. Never has been around here, never will be. Have a look on the general chat board to see how many of us are in this for the long term. Like everything else in life its a credit/debit system. I've (like many, many others) helped a load of folk off here, and never took a penny for any graft I've put out, but they have been members who have been around for a while and who have put something into the club. Not just joiners because they have ****ed their car and need fixed and rid off sharpish.

i have been a meber since last october and believ me i will be coming back with another renault turbo after this one has gone. it will just be some time so i can get back on my feet with money. i was registered for classic shows and everything as its my dream car since i was a nipper and i love it to bits but then 1 day i f**ked it. i want to redeem myself but cant at the moment due to money. its going to be hard for me to let this one go. but i will be back with a new attitude to driving and respect for the classics.

Post Thanks / Like

i have been a meber since last october and believ me i will be coming back with another renault turbo after this one has gone. it will just be some time so i can get back on my feet with money. i was registered for classic shows and everything as its my dream car since i was a nipper and i love it to bits but then 1 day i f**ked it. i want to redeem myself but cant at the moment due to money. its going to be hard for me to let this one go. but i will be back with a new attitude to driving and respect for the classics.
    But 5's were never designed to go much over 115 iirc? it was obviously going to go bang!
    Plus at 19 your still a nipper?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGT View Post
    But 5's were never designed to go much over 115 iirc? it was obviously going to go bang!
    Plus at 19 your still a nipper?

as a nipper i meant about 3 years old. and i kno that thats why i wont do it again before i sell this 1 and when i buy a new 1.

Post Thanks / Like

i have already lectured james but that was nothing compared to the one he recieved off his mum. never mind damage is done lesson learnt i really do hope so as you did break the law and drove reckless. on a lighter note i have landed a job thats not a million miles away from you so hopefully we can put it together for the last time. im sure krissy did say e would pop up and give a hand i will contact him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    i have already lectured james but that was nothing compared to the one he recieved off his mum. never mind damage is done lesson learnt i really do hope so as you did break the law and drove reckless. on a lighter note i have landed a job thats not a million miles away from you so hopefully we can put it together for the last time. im sure krissy did say e would pop up and give a hand i will contact him

thats sound mate. its nice to get possative feedback after a slaughterin. cheers mate much apreciated. any sort of dates in mind. not being picky and all just want to get ready for it.

Post Thanks / Like

thats sound mate. its nice to get possative feedback after a slaughterin. cheers mate much apreciated. any sort of dates in mind. not being picky and all just want to get ready for it.

im awaiting for a comformation order and a schedule so will know more when i recieved that

Post Thanks / Like

thats great mate. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Hairy hope you get it all sorted, ignore all the negativity and plough on it will be worth it in the end.

May the force be with you

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with it mate, people try and pretend they havn't pushed their cars. Live and learn

Post Thanks / Like

If you get stuck mate i can put it back together for you
    Last edited by Markey Mark (BD); 16-07-2009 at 21:41.

Post Thanks / Like

all the best with it buddy, i remember when i first past my test was 17, had a citroen ax gt500, and drove it everywhere like a complete tw@t, i learned my lesson when i crashed into a oncoming car, spun onto the oppisite side of the road, hit the curb so hard it knocked my rear axle off, flung the ax into the air knocked the top half off some poor blokes wall down and landed in his front garden. what a mess! lucklly no one was hurt, had to retake my test which gave me time to think, i look back now and cant belive how foolish i used to be, at least i make sure my little bro drives more responibaly than i did, and now i am captain slow

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very admiral Sh1tter!