Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is no one going ??

booked my ticket.
    cars in pieces, if it aint ready im going round on the skateboard!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you tape a diamond to the front that's OK

Post Thanks / Like

as long as the driving is up to scratch and theres no looneys on track then some different cars coming makes the event a little more interesting. gives it a bit of variety. although obviously the more rt,s the better.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont plan to go all out in my car, so i do hope people dont expect us all to go flat out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maka View Post
    i dont plan to go all out in my car, so i do hope people dont expect us all to go flat out.
    No no, you'll all be attending a track briefing beforehand so just drive within your limits and be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    No no, you'll all be attending a track briefing beforehand so just drive within your limits and be safe
    i get a briefing everytime i pick up the keys for the 172

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    i get a briefing everytime i pick up the keys for the 172
    that's cos you're a liability!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure a few very long serving members will turn up in non Renaults .......................[/quote]

Priceless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    If the paid members chose not to buy them then
    they can hardly complain if a few non Renault owning members turn up .
    I'm sure a few very long serving members will turn up in non Renaults .......................
    Probably those same long serving members who have attended previous ND's/supported the club over the years & continue to do so, and not just sponging our day for a cheap track attack, of which we'll probably hear nor see said people again.

If that's the way-forward/future vision of the club, then I'm obviously in the minority thinking the way I do.

Either way, I'll be there in my gtt...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Probably those same long serving members who have attended previous ND's/supported the club over the years & continue to do so, and not just sponging our day for a cheap track attack, of which we'll probably hear nor see said people again.

If that's the way-forward/future vision of the club, then I'm obviously in the minority thinking the way I do.

why not bring the evo and go on track I'll bring the Renault, you bring the turbo, and between us we'll be legit

Post Thanks / Like

Because, as I posted on a previous thread, it's an rtoc day, hence no place for an Evo. As I say, it seems I'm in the minority with that way of thinking though...

Post Thanks / Like

Forth National Day in a Row, all with track usage. We make the journey every year from Glasgow

Touch wood , past events have had great weather except rockingham which was a bit wet

G

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well I think this is a bit harsh.... I personally do like R5 GTT's nearly bought one once... but insurance it a bit too much on them and I dont really have space for one (because I'd want it mint and spend alot of time and money on it... living at home my dad wont let me keep it here)

Now im not a renault turbo owner, but I came last year to National Day with a mate who is an owner, and about a month or two ago went to meet up in cumbria with BriC, Robbo, Dave-SBS and another member(cant remember his name), I will openly admit I am coming on track because its cheap, but like others have mentioned, if your members with renault 5's dont buy the tickets it seems pointless to turn down people who are willing to pay for it just to be stubbon and prevent others that may not be able to afford/ have space for a renault turbo to come to the events. and the end of the day money talks....so what if the club has money to burn which is almost what you suggest...

I do apprehiate what you are saying about some people just coming and the never coming back again. but to label all non-turbo owners that are coming in that field is a bit harsh to me.... I will more than likely be back next year!

and in theory I do have a Renault Turbo (1.5DCi)

Post Thanks / Like

Have I said anywhere that the club has money to burn? I said that it isn't a business, therefore it's not imperative to make a profit on the day. I also said the coffers were/are looking rosy, and appear to do so each year. Again, for the third time of posting this; if the coffers ever did start to look a bit low, then we should look at alternative ways of keeping the money pot topped up. That hasn't ever been the case though, and isn't a current scenario either, given this year's Pod days, etc.

And all of this has got nothing whatsoever to do with being stubborn. It's because I'm passionate about the club & marque, I have been for many years now, hence why this old fart simply believes that the day should be about the cars & dedicated members, and not making money/off-loading track tickets onto joe public.

If I'm in the minority there, fine, so be it, but don't start shooting me down just because I maybe have an old skool mindset/you don't agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Have I said anywhere that the club has money to burn? I said that it isn't a business, therefore it's not imperative to make a profit on the day. I also said the coffers were/are looking rosy, and appear to do so each year. Again, for the third time of posting this; if the coffers ever did start to look a bit low, then we should look at alternative ways of keeping the money pot topped up. That hasn't ever been the case though, and isn't a current scenario either, given this year's Pod days, etc.

And all of this has got nothing whatsoever to do with being stubborn. It's because I'm passionate about the club & marque, I have been for many years now, hence why this old fart simply believes that the day should be about the cars & dedicated members, and not making money/off-loading track tickets onto joe public.

If I'm in the minority there, fine, so be it, but don't start shooting me down just because I maybe have an old skool mindset/you don't agree.
    Couldn't have put it better myself

Post Thanks / Like

But you're not allowed an opinion...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

fair enough then.... did you not comment on this before the tickets went on sale? as its a bit late now to do anything about it... sorry I bought a ticket now!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did, and I've always said the same when it comes to ND's.

I'm not trying to alienate you or anything like that; it's just simply my look out on it all

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just suprised that hardly any tickets have sold .We won't have that many freeloaders anyway .Would you turn up at a VW,Ford ,whatever track event just because you could get the tickets cheap ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well before I joined I was told that it was open to all and it may even be apprechiated as even though you do have enough finances as a club to cover losses more people would minimise this... meaning you guys would have more money to benefit from in the future... I didnt realise people felt it should only be Renault Turbos. (which I can understand as this is what the whole day is about)

and I know you don't need to make money... but its always nice too.

I'm sure if you made enough and offered a free event to Renault turbo owners (say who've been members for a year or more or summit) you'd have a rammed track full of just Renault Turbos. but I dunno that probably wouldnt be do-able.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just suprised that hardly any tickets have sold .We won't have that many freeloaders anyway .Would you turn up at a VW,Ford ,whatever track event just because you could get the tickets cheap ?
    Entry wise to have a look around or whatever, yes, and that isn't a problem with regards to that happening at our ND either.

For the sole intent of going on track though, no.

But that's just me.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you say... but like i mentioned a good mate of mine has many Renault 5's and i've had about 10-15 clios myself (i know not turbos) and at 20 I think that shows I like renault's just so happens that I cannot afford/ have space for a turbo at the moment ...

I wouldn't just turn up at another event if I didnt know anyone or had never been before, or hadnt been told that it was available for other people...

anyway I think I've discussed this enough now... if anything its an issue you need to bring up with the committee and attempt to get it changed if thats what you wish.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Entry wise to have a look around or whatever, yes, and that isn't a problem with regards to that happening at our ND either.

For the sole intent of going on track though, no.

But that's just me.
    on a final note... my sole intention is not just to use the track... i like renaults and as said before have been last year and not been on track. I coming to look at some of the cars that are there as well.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMac27 View Post
    i've had about 10-15 clios myself (i know not turbos) and at 20 I think that shows I like renault's just so happens that I cannot afford/ have space for a turbo at the moment ...

No it just shows that you either cant have a clio last on your or you keep selling them on for no apparent reason. Not what I would call somebody liking them just a opportunist more than likely, like some people on here to make a quick buck or saving money for track days, some people who have never owned a renault in their life.

Granted come and join in on the fun of ND for us if you want but joining up just before RTOC ND and buying tickets its just for the purpose of getting them cheaper for a full days track.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair ,on any other forum postings I have made it clear that if you join the club you will get the ticket cheaper so you can't blame people for taking me up on the offer
    I thought that would be a good way to bring more into the fold and poss up the membership longer term .I'm sure a few will not renew but equally I think many will and may even buy a Renault Turbo in the process .....Who knows they may even buy something that is not a 5 GTT

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    No it just shows that you either cant have a clio last on your or you keep selling them on for no apparent reason. Not what I would call somebody liking them just a opportunist more than likely, like some people on here to make a quick buck or saving money for track days, some people who have never owned a renault in their life.

Granted come and join in on the fun of ND for us if you want but joining up just before RTOC ND and buying tickets its just for the purpose of getting them cheaper for a full days track.

lets be honest you don't know anything about me... I repair accident damaged Clios, and break them for spares at the same time as running them for myself, my dad and my sister so that they have cheaper cars... so remarks like that are rather uncalled for.

and joining up... was actually recommened by a committee member ... i think earlier in this thread...

Quote Clee: Track time ticket is £80 to non members and £45 to members when they use the discount code .This knocks £35 of the track time ticket only .It's cheaper to join RTOC to purchase the track time.

Its not my fault you made that the case!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair ,on any other forum postings I have made it clear that if you join the club you will get the ticket cheaper so you can't blame people for taking me up on the offer
    I thought that would be a good way to bring more into the fold and poss up the membership longer term .I'm sure a few will not renew but equally I think many will and may even buy a Renault Turbo in the process .....Who knows they may even buy something that is not a 5 GTT

you beat me to it... thanks for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the RTOC events over the year, the National Day is THE one day where we will see the biggest gathering of turbo'd Renault cars, whether it be a Turbo 2, Gordini or the GT Turbo etc

It's a good way for newer members to mingle and older members to catch up.

It is the best way to combine a community of passionate car enthusiasts.

I think there should be a qualifying period or at least a different way of gaining access to our annual club event for 'new' members if people are just joining to take advantage of the clubs generosity. For example, a member must be active for a minimum of 6 months prior to a National Day to achieve the discount we offer...

Just my thoughts as I've been about for a while now too

Post Thanks / Like

Or you're not allowed in unless you are wearing official club clothing

Post Thanks / Like

Both my brothers now have R5's as a result of coming to national days/rolling road events and seeing the mighty Renaults slay against what they previously owned (mazda mx5 and a kit car!) They are now fully paid up members and buy national day tickets every year. I think as long as the club member who recommends for someone to join the club, that they emphesise on 'get rid of that piece of dog **** and get a renault turbo'! then its a good way to recruit as long as it doesnt turn into a 'flax tower' event.

On another note, have we heard anything from the megane sport club on maybe attending/joining the club? They seem to love their track days and it would be good to have the next gen of RT's in presence!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    as long as it doesnt turn into a 'flax tower' event
    That's my concern

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    On another note, have we heard anything from the megane sport club on maybe attending/joining the club? They seem to love their track days and it would be good to have the next gen of RT's in presence!
    Totally agree

Post Thanks / Like

Well just ordered my entry ticket/ camping, thats if i end up staying over and no one mines me crashing there group ... BYR loner

Post Thanks / Like

would be good to see the megane sport club make an appearance, as long as they are not free-loading or using it as a cheap track day

Post Thanks / Like

The Megane sport club are well informed about the day. As are all of the other Renault owners clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you're not allowed in unless you are wearing official club clothing

RTOC mankini's selling well I hear.......LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    RTOC mankini's selling well I hear.......LOL
    Mankini's for sale in the clubshop? That was kept pretty quiet.

As long as i can get cover at work I plan To bring J150 to this.

Post Thanks / Like

Rite-so ...In response to the concerns expressed by some members I have just listed these in the Shop .
    If these are not all sold by the 5th August I will reinstate any left to outright purchase .
    I don't think we can do anymore.
    It is now up to the Real Members to buy the feckin things .
    https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...products_id=95

Post Thanks / Like

so can non members now not purchase tracktime? not sure what that means^

One person I told about the day still wants to come, dosent own a renault though. He was going to sign up this evening then pay for the track time etc.....can he still do that no problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes non members can still purchase Track time .
    They either join RTOC or pay the full £80 .
    These reserve tickets are for Members who, for whatever reason ,cannot commit to buy a ticket outright at present .

I've had enough now ...I'm off to have some beers and try to work out why a GTA will still not kick it's rad fans in ....I think there is a hidden 3rd relay somewhere

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

First post!

Just signed up and booked, was told about the day by f0xy!

Should be a good day!

Post Thanks / Like

How many of them are Renault (turbo) motors though?

To me, this is all beginning to look like a cheapy trackday for non-rtoc esque motors/free-loaders who are just joining up for the day.

Still, as long as the club makes its money back...
    Yeah but it would be nice to give us RTOCER's a chance to join in. Some of us might have a project in the making or might not get paid until nearer the time. I really hope to be there, if i am i'll, be paying on the gate, and certainly hope that tickets haven't gone to any willy nilly person instead of a genuine bonafide Renault enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMac27 View Post

and in theory I do have a Renault Turbo (1.5DCi)
    In the loosest of terms qouting renault turbo!!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    In the loosest of terms qouting renault turbo!!

oi i had a 1.5 dci clio, best Renault Turbo i had owned for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes non members can still purchase Track time .
    They either join RTOC or pay the full £80 .
    These reserve tickets are for Members who, for whatever reason ,cannot commit to buy a ticket outright at present .

I've had enough now ...I'm off to have some beers and try to work out why a GTA will still not kick it's rad fans in ....I think there is a hidden 3rd relay somewhere

off topic

did you get my pm matey ?

Post Thanks / Like

ile be layed up in hospital... but i can see it now more cars non renault turbo than renault turbo... just a vibe iam getting.

id be really hacked of it turned up on the day wanting to drive my TURBO'D renault on track to find vauxhalls and citrons in my place

Post Thanks / Like

It's really starting to irritate me now .
    We have 4 non Renaults attending so far.... as far as I know .
    If you don't want a load of Fords or Fiats turning up then buy a feckin ticket .
    You can now even just reserve a place on track if you still can't make up your mind if you want to play or not .
    Jesus Christ ! How difficult can it be .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schakal View Post
    off topic

did you get my pm matey ?

Yes ,sorry .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rite-so ...In response to the concerns expressed by some members I have just listed these in the Shop .
    If these are not all sold by the 5th August I will reinstate any left to outright purchase .
    I don't think we can do anymore.
    It is now up to the Real Members to buy the feckin things .
    https://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?m...products_id=95
    The way tickets are selling i think you won,t have to worry about putting 15 aside

Post Thanks / Like

ok clee ile buy a ****ing ticket and you best have a video link to my hospital bed. ile be like holly from red dwarf! aright dudes

Post Thanks / Like

do we have to go to RED alert....I'll have to change the bulb.........