Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anticipations a bitch!! + bottom end

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i cant wait to pick my 5 up!! this wait is truly doing my head in...

recieved the service/mod book for the car yesterday it must be at least 2" thick every receipt since 1990 plus all tax discs/mot's etc etc..
    i just want to get my hands on the car now and start re-building it.

also my friend told me that a liner needs putting back in...but its stuck to the piston??/ as he put it, as its not bin started since he stripped it.. but it only need a lil tap with a mallet to free it :| would it be easier or worth while just buying a new set of pistons and liners and changing them all??

i have so many questions i want to ask but being a noob to the 5 havent really got a clue how to put things.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anticipations a bitch!! + bottom end

i try the search first before i start a thread so i dont make myself look to much like a mong lol

Post Thanks / Like

Work through it as you find it fella. If the piston is stuck in the liner, and does only need a little tap to free it off, then a clean, rub down and rehone of the liner will probably be all it takes. New set of rings and seals and jobs a good'un.
    However if you find yourself swinging a 14lb hammer at the piston trying to get the @#!t out, then it's probably time to take a look on mecaparts!
    If there are any bits your not sure about, do a search, check the articles or post a pic up on here and someone will answer your question.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks for that stu im sure ile end up wit a little beaut of a motor woth a little help off you lot.
    and in regards to bien a mong the search facility will be used lots before posting im sure lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    i try the search first before i start a thread so i dont make myself look to much like a mong lol
    wow very constructive ! sarcasam if you had missed that,
    yes the search option is there, but as there so much infomaition on this site some times it proves difficalt looking for the awnser

DannyB1987
    youve paid ya way here so ask away, thats what this forums for and thats why you pay ya cash, so long as you dont flood the forum with every little qestion you have rather, put as many as you need to know in a one post and im very sure theres plently of people that will awnser your qestion, ill be sure happy enoth to awnser what i know

Post Thanks / Like

Danny we are all here to help.