Post Thanks / Like

Accomodation in Reading

Does anyone know of any good accomodation that is near to Richfield Avenue in Reading (i.e. where the Reading festival is held)? I seem to recall a travel lodge down that road somewhere but I can't remember what the hell it's called...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accomodation in Reading

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck getting anywhere around the fesitval at this time of year dude, most places will have been booked up when the tickets went on sale

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi that road is called richfield avenue theres also a holiday inn on the corner by the roundabout! at the roundabout if you turn right as if your coming from the festival site that road is caversham road there are loads of b/b's down there! theres also a new premier inn at the bottom of southampton street its walkable but about 10/15 mins away ! if you find one let me know and i could have a look for you i contract in reading putting the billboard posters up all week

Post Thanks / Like

surley some tokens in a members pocket may work.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to the festival on friday, luckily I have my accomodation organised

Post Thanks / Like

I think last year we stayed at a travel lodge about 10-15 minutes away from the festival's exit, my brother booked this only weeks before the venue so hopefully there should be somewhere with vacancies... I'll check out that holiday inn though as my brother is on about booking a hotel room for £115 a night! Bit over the top seeing as though I will be well and truly guzumbo'd by the time I get back to the hotel... That's IF I get back to the hotel... doi.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Places to drink in Reading

Ok, we found a place to stay http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-5432...services.shtml Found that we can share a room for £40 each which isn't so bad, pretty close to the venue too! The next question now is where is a good place to drink in Reading for a night out? I'm not into clubs and crap, just good friendly watering holes with a good atmosphere.

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm, strange... I thought this message didn't get posted because I had an error message from the site that had FAIL written all over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just stay out of Bar Risa/ Branigans please.
    There's Oneill's on the corner, umm don't go in the lapdancing clubs as you'll blow all your money (goes without saying really, wish someone had told me) Theres plenty of okay pubs on the outskirts, which are your best bet. Maybe some of the other peeps are a bit more cred than me, I barely venture outside Tilehurst, mainly because I can walk home when I'm pissed.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrightygtt View Post
    I'm going to the festival on friday, luckily I have my accomodation organised
    i live a stones throw away and have never been and never will, i even get a little ar5ed with the traffic that comes with it..

im getting so old

you really need to stay within walking distance as the town is gridlocked. if wrighty was feeling nice he'd let you camp in the garden..

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Dave, Its a pain in the bumcheeks, but the old dear bought me ticket for my birthday! so I can't really say its ****

Post Thanks / Like

The festival is WALLOP! Better than Glastonbury which is just hippy fest in my honest opinion. What's up with the Risa bar then, just full of ****ers or something?

Post Thanks / Like

Aii, I can't wait to see Kings of Leon. The best festival I've been to was Glade that was held just outside Reading last year 26/27 July, although its near Winchester this year. I think its one of the last unsigned festivals, but it had dubstep/ house/ techno mix and mash. That was a fecking wicked weekend-----I've never seen so much randomness in my entire life. Some proper freaks as well.