Post Thanks / Like

Afr's

Running 20-23psi.

what is my optimum afr? & how lean/rich can i go without damage? just so i know when im out testing.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afr's

i was told to stay about 12.5

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say from my experience in the past week .... you really need someone with det cans on to check for detonation whilst turning the boost up ..... What turbo you running ..... from my chats with people ... 12.1 is leanest i think ...

Post Thanks / Like

At stock compression and stock ign timing you should be able to run 24psi before any ign mods (on a healthy build and well serviced engine in my hands) so to this level det cans my not be needed unless you have any other issue.. Also at this boost level id try to hold 12.1afr but dont worry if dips or rises a .1 or .2... If the car goes over 12.7-8 i back off...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@Backyardracing View Post
    At stock compression and stock ign timing you should be able to run 24psi before any ign mods (on a healthy build and well serviced engine in my hands) so to this level det cans my not be needed unless you have any other issue.. Also at this boost level id try to hold 12.1afr but dont worry if dips or rises a .1 or .2... If the car goes over 12.7-8 i back off...
    Thanks rob,that's great

ignition timing & comp is one of the only things that are standard,i'l leave them that way if it make's life easier