Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

type r / alternator belt

just had a lash with a type r.
    would have went past him in 2nd gear if it wasnt a dualie going into single carriage way. think he was surprised to see me beside him lol.

changed up to 4th and he edged away a tiny bit as he must be able to rev higher. when in 4th to try and catch him back up my bloody alternator belt come off lol.

gutted as he probally thought i gave up. really needa get my fueling checked to.

the belt came off the other day aswell in first gear tho as i over revved it by accident. and that damaged the belt a bit. hopefully just a new belt will sort it.

also instead of starting a new thread. how do i go about changing the rear wheel bearings?

as im going to do the front over the weekend and may aswell try and do the backs aswell. how do i get the rear disks off? and are the bearing just in them? essay lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: type r / alternator belt

just found this https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4797

gana give it a read and see if it helps

Post Thanks / Like

My advice would be is to buy the best bearings you can afford. Cheap bearings will have play in them and you will fail the MOT. I cant remember if it was tapered or roller bearings which where best suited.

Post Thanks / Like

Try looking at the alignment of the water pump pulley and alt pulley...it could be a case of worn bushes in your alt braket or the top arm bushes

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ive allready got the bearings from gsf. just had them fitted to the hubs. cheers

it does look a bit miss aligned but i cant see how i would sort this out?
    and the alt is new by the way. what are the top arm bushes? the bracket the holds the alt in place from water pump to alternator? cheers

Post Thanks / Like

snapping a belt aint fun i did do popped my rad, blew my top hose! oh and had to try and poddle home to saveas much battery as possible to run ignition!!