Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hebden View Post
    Really appreciate this matey! Sounds like a BBQ round mine might be needed
    No worries just give me a shout got engine crane in the garage if needed too.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a simaliar problem with the valve head its self braking, destroyed everything

Look in my album pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROB C2GTT View Post
    No worries just give me a shout got engine crane in the garage if needed too.
    Appreciated! I'm sourcing the bits i need at the minute to rebuild another engine (cheers Mr Bean aka Pete) and once its ready to drop in get a few people over to get get the rest of the old one out and the freshly built new one in, with a BBQ and a few sherberts of course!

Post Thanks / Like

anytime chris glad to be of help to you mate and are organise my old man to get hold of the engine crane for you,can even sort out that dodgy brake pipe too will pop over after work mate give you a text 2moz see if things still ok to come over.

Post Thanks / Like

Sh!t god dam!!!

That's some nasty sh!t. All because of a vacuum pipe leaking/coming off (maybe). I'm gonna double check my lines right now.

Good effort to all the lads that have offered to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell Chris - not good

Sorry to read of your pain - know you will get it back to perfect running order

Turbo was a full T25 from BB tuning (can't remember the spec)

Miss that little silver car she was mint!!!!!

That is the one good thing on newer engines with FI etc, lots of sensors to save you and tell you if going to get expensive.

Looks like an AFR guage is on the cards

Chop chop, plenty of time to get done for ND

DG

Post Thanks / Like

LOL cheers Mr Grier! Yes an AFR gauge will be a must once i get the thing back together and source a nother down pipe and what not!! The turbo isnt a full T25 by the look of it Duncan, according to the AR. and a very poor & brief description to Adam L it looks to be a T2/T25 but hopefully he will be able to confirm this once i get it sent off to him!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting - sure BB charged the original owner for a full T25 :O but as you know I never really changed anything on the silver beast, just maintained and few small improvements.

Stick a VAG engine in there and std looks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Interesting - sure BB charged the original owner for a full T25 :O but as you know I never really changed anything on the silver beast, just maintained and few small improvements.

Stick a VAG engine in there and std looks
    Good call the Mr, I'll look through the mound of paper work tonight to see if i can spot it!

Post Thanks / Like

Who's free on Sunday 17th May!? BBQ round my Mrs and engine fitting session, will give me and Pete plenty of time to build the new engine next week!!!

Let me know ASAP if you can make it. I was thinking starting the engine fitting early morning and having the BBQ middayish and then seeing what sort of state the car is in by then!
    Last edited by Chris Hebden; 07-05-2009 at 14:08.

Post Thanks / Like

Well after the longest engine building session EVER the engine is back together, the gearbox was stripped and had all new gears put on and now Pete and I are looking to drop it back in!

I would greatly appreciate any help that local members can give, we are looking to drop it in on Saturday 11 July! I will be putting on a BBQ for people who want to pop over!

Again i would just like to add a BIG, BIG thank you to Mr Bean aka Pete for all his help during a difficult time without the 5 and for all the time you have put into the engine and box when i wasnt about !