Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

body prep

im thinking of stripping my gt and putting all of the stuff onto a campus shell ive just brought.

i want to start doing some body work to it just preping it for the spray shop. i want to start with the interior and then if it comes out any good maybe do the outside too.

what should i be using to prep the inside of the car? i.e. what grade wet & dry etc. any tips pointers would be much appreciated cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: body prep

what are you trying to achive?

your stripping the gtt to use n track?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5GTTRaider View Post
    what are you trying to achive?

your stripping the gtt to use n track?
    Does the fact of track use or road use change the type of material used to prep a car?

please ohhhh holy one help us

Post Thanks / Like

if ya doing it yaself, and paint is ok (no dents scratches etc) then use scotchbrite to key it up

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry i should have made it clearer. i want to start getting the campus shell ready for a respray and then put my gtt parts etc onto it. as the shell is way better then my gts.

also the gt shell might hang about as a track car though.

ill get some pics up of the campus shell.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

go get your self some red scotch pads mate, (bout £15 for a box of 20 i think) use them to key up all of the good paint surface, obviosuly repair jobs will be a diffrent case, any surface rust stick a wire brush attachment on brush and get it back to good metal and throw some etch primer on for the time being,.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i suppouse i should ask for some advie really about the car i forgot to post the other day. when i had someone to come and look at the car about a paint job

a minute before he came i found that the bloody windscreen surround is rusty and needs replacing.

the only place that i didnt check as the rest of the car was mint. i should have really as i noticed the t-piece in the middle of the rubber surround was missing, but i didnt plonka!

so im just woundering how much that would cost to get done properly roughly?

had a quote from renault for £70 for the panel.

havent even got round to scotch pads yet lol. need to get some pics of the car up really.

any help much appreciated