Post Thanks / Like

wiring help

i had to remove the offside chassis loom the perc fan, wires to sensors and the wiring over to the air pump for the horn, becasue the horn wires had chafed on the i/c shorting it all out

now when i recived the new loom i noticed there was no connecters to go on to the sensors on the front of the engine, also becasue i was planning to reconnect, theres a yellow wire that goes to the gearbox side and i cut this to remove the front wiring loom,

so im confussed now i have no plugs or connections for my sensors

im not bothered about the percfan at the moment i have no water temp sensor nor a oil level sensor,, i do seem to have oil pressure

i pursume the two sensors down the front are oil level and water temp?

i have looked in the wiring diagrames but couldnt find the wiring for this part, unless some one has pics or the link to the right doc

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiring help

The O/S chasis leg loom contains the wireing for the O/S headlight, sidelight, and indicator, the horn and front fogs only IIRC

The oil pressure and level wires run in the main engine loom that comes down the N/S chassis leg and into the big block connecter behind the headlight, pressure sender has 1 orange and 1 brown wire. Level sender has the same

Water temp is in a different loom alltogether, it exits the bulkhead in the skuttle to the right of the heater fan, and runs along the scuttle and onto the water pump senser. Also in this loom is the wiper motor wireing, washer bottle, and dip dim resister ( if fitted)

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiring help

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    The O/S chasis leg loom contains the wireing for the O/S headlight, sidelight, and indicator, the horn and front fogs only IIRC

The oil pressure and level wires run in the main engine loom that comes down the N/S chassis leg and into the big block connecter behind the headlight, pressure sender has 1 orange and 1 brown wire. Level sender has the same

Water temp is in a different loom alltogether, it exits the bulkhead in the skuttle to the right of the heater fan, and runs along the scuttle and onto the water pump senser. Also in this loom is the wiper motor wireing, washer bottle, and dip dim resister ( if fitted)

Hope this helps
    yer looked properl and figured that,

mine are disconnected, which is were the confusion has set in becasue i rember moving them but not disconnecting them so is there a orange and brown wire i gotta connect it to?

funny thing is i get oil pressure, unless of course its level
    becasueitll sit a 0 then start and itll come up but some times itll drop or work in reverse like go down instead of up

ah crap just thought of something and i know your going to say yes...

i need to replace the oil pump??