Post Thanks / Like

How long.

How long do you have to declare your criminal record for when applying for house insurance etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long.

When you are convicted of a crime, whatever your age, it is recorded on your legal records. You become obliged to declare this conviction when you’re applying for a job, a new home, insurance, or a credit card. After a certain amount of time (also called the ‘rehabilitation period’), you are no longer required to declare this conviction. The period depends on the type of sentence you were served; a jail period of more than two and a half years is never considered ‘spent’, but if you received a fine, community or probation order, this becomes ‘spent’ after five years.

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Google rehabilitation of offenders act

Post Thanks / Like

so when i was sentenced to 2 1/2 yrs and served 13 months when will this become 'spent'

Quote Originally Posted by Frix View Post
    When you are convicted of a crime, whatever your age, it is recorded on your legal records. You become obliged to declare this conviction when you’re applying for a job, a new home, insurance, or a credit card. After a certain amount of time (also called the ‘rehabilitation period’), you are no longer required to declare this conviction. The period depends on the type of sentence you were served; a jail period of more than two and a half years is never considered ‘spent’, but if you received a fine, community or probation order, this becomes ‘spent’ after five years.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Some jobs require a CRB check (working with children etc) and this diggs up most things from the past.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    Some jobs require a CRB check (working with children etc) and this diggs up most things from the past.

That is correct, i have 4 active CRB's atm, the 1st 1 even showed when i was pulled over by a police man at given a Driving Order thing.. kinda like an asbo.. if they saw my car driven in a unsafe manor/loud music etc etc they could take it away & crush it etc...