Post Thanks / Like

online credit report (experian etc)

Who has viewed it?

my credit is ok,im just wiondering what info they hold on you & what you actually get to see?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: online credit report (experian etc)

well its a good site do not forget to cancel the trail within 30days as you will get charged.

well it tells you everything about your money bank ,credit cards ,mobile phones , store cards , if you have ever missed a payment , your address present and last,if you are on the voters list , if you pay council tax ,if you have ever been refused credit , mostly about credit and payments ,and ccjs etc etc
    is is a very good website to find out your credit history , beening at an address for a while and beening on the voters list helps alot

Post Thanks / Like

i was going to ask about this.!

im using experian, ive bben using it for about 2months to randomly check if anything changes from time to time.

THING IS although everything seems in check, basically i have 0% on nearly everything.good or bad i dont know but it doesnt seem to have my bank account on there why could this be..??

heres my summary, obviously not going to post up the detailed report but thats got nothing on it either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

they hold every bit of info you can think of, if you have ever applied for credit of any kind then its on there. Any account from bank account to store accounts, to current add, linked add, voters list, credit cards, mortgage, the list keeps going and going!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frix View Post
    they hold every bit of info you can think of, if you have ever applied for credit of any kind then its on there. Any account from bank account to store accounts, to current add, linked add, voters list, credit cards, mortgage, the list keeps going and going!!
    they obviously dont hold all info. why is it that my bank account isnt on my report.? strange eh! all my details are correct too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    i was going to ask about this.!

im using experian, ive bben using it for about 2months to randomly check if anything changes from time to time.

THING IS although everything seems in check, basically i have 0% on nearly everything.good or bad i dont know but it doesnt seem to have my bank account on there why could this be..??

heres my summary, obviously not going to post up the detailed report but thats got nothing on it either.

by the looks of your attachment, it looks like you have never had credit of any kind!!

good or bad?? all depends, you can only build up your credit rating by having credit!!

Post Thanks / Like

they obviously dont hold all info. why is it that my bank account isnt on my report.? strange eh! all my details are correct too.
    just checked mine, has all my bank accounts ive ever had including my account im using at the mo!!

Post Thanks / Like

hmm kind of strange then

ive had 1 loan in the past and that was around 11yrs ago, and ive only ever had 1 bank account. non of this info is on there.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm kind of strange then

ive had 1 loan in the past and that was around 11yrs ago, and ive only ever had 1 bank account. non of this info is on there.

that is strange, i have store cards on there that i had over 10yrs ago!!

Post Thanks / Like

hmm kind of strange then

I used to be an underwriter...

Anything over 6 years old shouldnt appear (from date of final closure/action).

If your bank account isnt appearing on your report, its likely to be because of your bank/building society - they're either not recording it as they've got your address wrong/different (check your associated addresses on the report) or beacuse you havnt got an overdraft facility... some banks do, some dont. Remember; a bank account isnt a form of credit til you start borrowing on it (overdraft).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
    I used to be an underwriter...

Anything over 6 years old shouldnt appear (from date of final closure/action).

If your bank account isnt appearing on your report, its likely to be because of your bank/building society - they're either not recording it as they've got your address wrong/different (check your associated addresses on the report) or beacuse you havnt got an overdraft facility... some banks do, some dont. Remember; a bank account isnt a form of credit til you start borrowing on it (overdraft).
    thats the thing, i am using my overdraft facility.

i ve just checked my address on the credit report and it seem slightly different. ive gone to edit it but once i confirm and recheck it its changed what i edited the thing is, where i live is clased as bang on the boarder of 2 countys i have a nottingham postcode in a derbyshire county god knows

doesnt help when i dont know experians phone number either as i cant sort this out online through there forms.

Post Thanks / Like

How long did you have to wait for your report?
    Mine will suck im guessing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misky View Post
    How long did you have to wait for your report?
    Mine will suck im guessing!

instant mate!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frix View Post
    instant mate!
    experian said they have to do some more checks on mine.
    O be Jesus, this is bad....

Post Thanks / Like

experian said they have to do some more checks on mine.
    O be Jesus, this is bad....
    they're just keeping you waiting whilst the alarm bells ring at there end informing every debt collector that you are at home NOW!

Post Thanks / Like

haha I wish, I would have a working 5 if I had borrowed a few grand from them
    My problem is a missing payment
    Its the gay way I get paid lol only my mobile bill tho, if that makes a diff.
    I dont think that should give u a bad credit rating for that tho at the end of the day u get a bank charge for it, so in a way you should have an excellant rating as your paying for it!

Post Thanks / Like

can companies/debt collectors see that you have viewed your report? & when you viewed it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    well its a good site do not forget to cancel the trail within 30days as you will get charged.

well it tells you everything about your money bank ,credit cards ,mobile phones , store cards , if you have ever missed a payment , your address present and last,if you are on the voters list , if you pay council tax ,if you have ever been refused credit , mostly about credit and payments ,and ccjs etc etc
    is is a very good website to find out your credit history , beening at an address for a while and beening on the voters list helps alot
    Don't know if i'm comfortable with giving so much confidential info out over the computer!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that should give u a bad credit rating for that tho at the end of the day u get a bank charge for it, so in a way you should have an excellant rating as your paying for it!
    It doesnt work like that.

Bear in mind I havnt been an underwriter for a few years now so some of the following information might have changed:

Experian used to give indivuduals (like yourself) who obtain their credit file a 'points system' to basically give an idea of how good or bad your 'credit score' is. This is THEIR system, and their system only... every company you go to that deals with credit, be it mobile phone, overdraft, mortgage etc will have their own scoring system... this will be based on not only how many late payments, defaults, CCJ's etc you have, but your current circumstances... i.e. people who have a mortgage will score higher than those who rent, people who are married will score higher than those that are single... there's lots of factors involved, its all about risk and proven trends with people that default on payments.

1 missed payment on a phone bill wont destroy your credit history... 3 payments or more in a row and you'll start getting issues.

Gary, as for debt collectors etc seeing your info, legally they shouldnt be allowed. Any company/individual has to gain your authorisation before veiwing your specific details. I do however remember them being allowed access to the linked addresses section, incase you've left your address and done a runner.

If anyone's got any questions they want to keep off the board feel free to PM and i'll do my best to help, please remember that I havnt done it for a few years, im not offering advice, its not linked to RTOC in any way and i'll charge yu ONE MEEELLION DOLLLARS

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

a mate of mine had a loan years ago or lets say 2k with a silly rate that was getting stupid to pay off and after some charges + the fact he'd payed 3 times the loan back, decided to jog it on.. got cash work for a year, did a year in the USA, and now after another year of cash work needs to get back to paying tax..

my point is after using this site nothing of the money owed has come up, but still got turned down an account online.. he think perhaps they accepted that enough of the loan was paid so closed the book, but the banks just being ghey..

i however think someones waiting till money hits an account in his name.

any ideas?

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i use checkmyfile.com Its pretty good, i got my rating up from 1star to 4 star's, only way i will get 5 stars is when i have a mortage etc...

I found a old telephone on there that i thought was dealt with from a previous home... just as well as they were just about to send me a court summon's.

All dealt with now.

Post Thanks / Like

someones taking the p1ss

earlier on the phone experian told me to tell my bank to free my details so experian could see/log them as my bank account isnt showing up on the credit report..

well, just come back from natwest and they tell me they give all the info to experian and experian SHOULD have me on file as im using the overdraft facility.

soo, i phoned experian again to tell them what natwest have told me,only to be told by them "sorry sir we dont know what to say,what you see is what we see"

ive double checked all my name(s) and address match from my natwest account and the address on experian and they are the same.

im not impressed at all, how the fuk can i get to see my bank details on experian if neither natwest or experian can suggest anything

Post Thanks / Like

Deffinately sounds like NatWest's issue mate. Log an official complaint with them, probably the only way you'll get it dealt with as they'll have to follow the FSA guidlines and respond within a certain amount of time.

Bear in mind, once they sort it, it'll take around a month to show on your report.

Oh, and here's a useless fact... if you ever hear someone mentioning the phrase 'blacklisted' with regards to a property, slap them. Credit is (or should, unless someone's screwed up) be based on an individual, not an address. You could move into a house where the previous occupants had CCJ's, CIFAS records etc and so long as your credit is good, it shouldnt be affected. When it does get fun is where you've got a father and son with the same first name, and the ONE piece of bad credit at the address doesnt list a date of birth

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, as for debt collectors etc seeing your info, legally they shouldnt be allowed. Any company/individual has to gain your authorisation before veiwing your specific details. I do however remember them being allowed access to the linked addresses section, incase you've left your address and done a runner.

The part about a company/individual is actually incorrect Tim. I work for a government department that has access to Experian and we can basically use it whenever we need to trace anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The part about a company/individual is actually incorrect Tim. I work for a government department that has access to Experian and we can basically use it whenever we need to trace anyone.

Can you see who has viewed the info though??

ie,if you were chasing fred west,fred west viewed his credit report online,then a debt collector chose to search the same site for fred west,would it show that fred himself had viewed his file & when?

im safe btw!! lol just wondering if what i said to misky could happen?

Post Thanks / Like

No. Well, not on the system we use here anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure you should be admiting that Alex...

Besides, do you get full details or the broken down traceability facts?; linked addresses, CIFAS etc?

Post Thanks / Like

he didnt say what agency he works for....could be the one that goes round unblocking toilets for all you know...taking DNA samples from pube dandruff and tracing you, if you laid a particularly large turd.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, do you get full details or the broken down traceability facts?; linked addresses, CIFAS etc?
    Possibly not!

We get the full breakdown of all the credit he/she has applied for, address past and present, CCJ's, phone numbers etc etc.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok gonna answer a few questions for you guys on here, as i work in application fraud and know a few in's and outs about experian using it daily.

You are not allowed to just randomly use experian to search peoples information unless you are doing it in the prevention of fraud or terrorism etc

However if a person has given you there information and agreed to your terms and conditions there is a 99.9% chance that its in there some where that your credit file can be searched at any time.
    Alex is is most certainly the case in the governments position. Also it will affect the type of search you are doing against the person and wether or not it will show on the credit report.
    It will either - not show at all
    - only show to the searcher and the searchie
    - show to all and have a possible affect on the credit decisions made by other organisations.

Ok thats that one covered

Raj - Dependant on how old your bank account is could depend upon wether or not your account will show on your credit report. Up to a few years ago you could op out of having your information reported to experian.

This is not the done thing any more as this was used heavily to the advantage of fraudsters.

What your bank have told you is correct they do report everything they have to, to experian but if you opened your account over 6 years ago it is very likely that it you could have unknowingly opted out of having your information reported.

Dangerous Dave - just because your mate has bad debt doesnt mean thats the reason he got declined for a bank account - theres all sorts of reasons taken in to account - he may have limited trace - not a substantial enough history to satisfy the bank who he wants to open an account with. Also this site does not provide you with your full and indepth credit report - if he wants to be sure nothing is showing against hes name he should get in touch with exeprian directly and order a full copy of his credit report and specify all the addresses he wants searching.

Nayls - no companys cannot see if you have viewed your credit report - they wouldnt want to, dont need to, and it has no affect on there decision making so no worries there

And on a final note to everyone, there is more then one credit reference agency, the main ones are Experian, Equifax, and Call Credit but there are many others out there. Any bank or building society or other organisation that uses them can use anyone they like and also report there information to anyone they like. There is no fixed agreement that they must use experian, or equifax etc also there is no fixed agreement that they have to report them to all the CRA's.

As far as debt collections they can use the current information that a company holds on you to try and trace you if they have brought the debt or been sold the debt by the parent company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noa33 View Post
    Raj - Dependant on how old your bank account is could depend upon wether or not your account will show on your credit report. Up to a few years ago you could op out of having your information reported to experian.

This is not the done thing any more as this was used heavily to the advantage of fraudsters.

What your bank have told you is correct they do report everything they have to, to experian but if you opened your account over 6 years ago it is very likely that it you could have unknowingly opted out of having your information reported.
    thanks for that i actually popped in to natwest today and the branch manager call experian to see why my bank account isnt showing up OR my past loan OR my mob phone contract.

he told me that records are not kept for loans older than 6 year if the payments were always met. the same appied to my mob phone contract as the last time i had a contract phone was about 8yrs ago.

im still finding why my bank account isnt showing up abit strange, he said we send all info regardless of how old the bank account is. he said the account may not show up on experian as ive always paid back on my overdraft and havent had late payments which Would show up on experian.

so as per my experian summary i posted on post3, that how it still stands! basically its alot of zeros.
    i also keep getting refused a credit card probably due to not having no financial history AT ALL on experian so i cant even attempt to kick start my credit rating off

kind of a p1sstake isnt it, just because ive never had to borrow money and only used money ive had in my bank and in my pocket i feel like ive done something wrong as my history is non existent.

Post Thanks / Like

there is credit cards you can get that will help you build your credit rating, try vanquis, although it wont be big credit!

but if regular with your credit payments for 6 months you'll see a mass difference in your credit score.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

you can also get top up credit cards which should show on your credit report. Basically you get no credit limit but you can put money on them and spend them, basically like a bank account but it will show as a credit card

Post Thanks / Like

is it easy & hassle free to cancel so that the trial does'nt continue?

Post Thanks / Like

yes if you cancel in the 30days just ring them up , they are really helpful on the phone and also give you infomation i did mine last week