Post Thanks / Like

efi and wideband

couple of questions for those who know!!
    1.if u get an adaptronic or omex ecu do these units have a wideband controller incorporated into them?
    2.is fitting a timing wheel on a c1j just a more accurate way of doing the timing than using the standard flywheel pickup?
    3.is anyone running a carb with a t.p.sensor,map sensor and an aftermarket ecu??

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: efi and wideband

Dunno about 1, but 2 is because the standard gtt flywheel has 2 gaps, 1 at tdc and 1 at 180degress from tdc, and efi system won't like this and think there is 2 tdc points and will foul up

and 3, I tried this before going full efi and it was a pain trying to get a tps to fit the back of the carb so I binned off that idea and got on with the full conversion, I'm sure it can be done, try askin Scoff

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

As oliver says the standard flywheel timing is about useless to most aftermarket management. Adaptronic will read it in a fashion, it isn't very reliable though. Trigger wheen is what you need, or machine up and fit a 60-2 flywheel from some of the F block engines.

They dont often have wb controllers in them either. Adaptronic does not but it does have a 2nd serial port for you to connect one of several common wb controllers, like Innovate, TechEdge and some others.

Post Thanks / Like

So the same as the Emerald then, it'll read the signal from an innovative or what ever but can't read a full wideband but can read from a narrow band but thats no good for mapping

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post
    So the same as the Emerald then, it'll read the signal from an innovative or what ever but can't read a full wideband but can read from a narrow band but thats no good for mapping
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Yes
    Yay I'm starting to learn

Post Thanks / Like

my bro is using the tdc off the top of of the gearbox with the Emerald but it's on the f7r not the c1j but still using the tdc for the pick up if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allanr5gtt View Post
    my bro is using the tdc off the top of of the gearbox with the Emerald but it's on the f7r not the c1j but still using the tdc for the pick up if that helps.
    ah but the f7r is efi'd as standard where as the c1j is a carb engine, the f7r wheel will be loads different

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

The F7R wheel is renix, the same as the GTT Oli. I rekon he must have a 60-2 flywheel on there, or the F7R flywheel is modified to get rid of the double tooth every 180deg. If it's actually running on a standard renix flywheel then well done, not many systems work like that very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    The F7R wheel is renix, the same as the GTT Oli. I rekon he must have a 60-2 flywheel on there, or the F7R flywheel is modified to get rid of the double tooth every 180deg. If it's actually running on a standard renix flywheel then well done, not many systems work like that very well.
    Really, thats interesting, maybe I should shut up now

Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking of fitting the tpsensor to the cable or pedal and running the pierburg to see what i can ultimatly get out of the c1j....mpg and power wise.I went down to cork recently in the campus(tbi)and managed to get 55mpg so i would expect the high 40's from the turbo.has anyone got any figures from an efi c1j turbo??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael tierney View Post
    i was thinking of fitting the tpsensor to the cable or pedal and running the pierburg to see what i can ultimatly get out of the c1j....mpg and power wise.I went down to cork recently in the campus(tbi)and managed to get 55mpg so i would expect the high 40's from the turbo.has anyone got any figures from an efi c1j turbo??
    I've got 42mpg out of mine at National Day last year, that includes the drive there, 8 or 9 laps of mallory and the drive home

Post Thanks / Like

that means oliver that u'd get about 60miles extra per tank on average!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael tierney View Post
    that means oliver that u'd get about 60miles extra per tank on average!
    On a standar R5 maybe, compared to how mine was before the conversion and the amount of unburnt fuel being burnt at the exhaust tip, I'll proberlby go another 120miles per tank