Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ban Mike Wilson !!!

After being subjected to threatning behaviour on the forum ,i want to see Mike Wilson Banned , If anyone that read the thread could see i had not bad mouthed Mike in anyway yet he continued to make threats even posting my address and still hasnt given a reason to why i was the target even after a phone call .. all i got was more threats but now it turns out its not him its all his pals and he's has alot more bigger pals than me

Is this not something thats covered in the terms and conditions of the club forum ????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ban Mike Wilson !!!

i dont know but i do agree he should be banned for threatening another
    member of the forum publicly.

Post Thanks / Like

mud if you give me your efi i will protect you

Post Thanks / Like

im pretty sure if its breaking the rules then it has to be enforced
    ????

Post Thanks / Like

He actually phoned you and made threats?
    Alot more bigger pals? lol its like being back in school

Post Thanks / Like

there should be a coleslaw wrestling ring at national day so everyone who has beef with another member can dive in and sort it out

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Whos Mike wilson?never heard of him missed the thread yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

We understand how you feel Mud, but members still have other issues with him, if we ban him now it'll be more difficult for members to resolve those issues.
    The committee is taking his behaviour seriously and deciding on the best course of action.
    Mud, Mike, Feel free to contact anyone of us if you want to put your side across.

Post Thanks / Like

Mud you have my support all the way m8.......And anyone else in the state of non-reciept and out of pocketness......That was disgusting

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

what a load of bollocks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    He actually phoned you and made threats?
    Alot more bigger pals? lol its like being back in school
    lol! next he`ll b gettin his dad down 2 batter your dad i would imagine in a primary school styley....

Post Thanks / Like

whats happening with this club ??? things have changed ,some1 needs to sort it out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    whats happening with this club ??? things have changed ,some1 needs to sort it out
    Amen.

Post Thanks / Like

damn right mate,,couldnt agree more

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been a member long as you may of guessed by my join date but from what I can see it just seems to be the odd few members upsetting the many, whether it be by questionable sales or just general attitude.

Maybe mods should be more pro-active I don't know, at the end of the day this is a club/community that we have all paid to be a member of and as adults (I assume, if just in body and not mind ) perhaps it is seen that we shouldn't require wrist slapping and should all get on.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been a member long as you may of guessed by my join date but from what I can see it just seems to be the odd few members upsetting the many, whether it be by questionable sales or just general attitude.

Maybe mods should be more pro-active I don't know, at the end of the day this is a club/community that we have all paid to be a member of and as adults (I assume, if just in body and not mind ) perhaps it is seen that we shouldn't require wrist slapping and should all get on.
    they do do a good job we would only moan if they inerviened all the time im sure something will come of this but the correct channels have to be followed in order to make it legal and with the terms and conditions

Post Thanks / Like

not you Richie.

I nearly said in the other thread that it would seem whoever was writing the messages using Mike's profile was not Mike.

I do hope things are happening in the background with the commitee as there's certainly not much happening in the foreground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    they do do a good job we would only moan if they inerviened all the time
    Of course there is a point when too much moderation can go on, next we'll be banning free thinking, humour and anything big bro related!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course there is a point when too much moderation can go on, next we'll be banning free thinking, humour and anything big bro related!
    Do we moderate too much?

Trev, post #8 fella.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuTHC View Post
    Do we moderate too much?
    No no I wasn't saying you do I just meant in general, some sites you go on the mods may as well be nazi's.

The bit about free thinking and humour was just a lil sarcasm but seriously no big brother!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am one of the mods on the forums, its hard to mod as you feel people have the right to free speech, i did a lot of modertion on the mike thread, the problem is we cant be online al the time.

I think recently we have had a few incidents and a few slagging match's which is a shame as we have gone a long time with out them.

Alot of the slagging matchs are in the classifieds section, they are often about goods brought over the classifieds.... would it be better to say "no more classifieds" use ebay etc....

That could end the arguements? but i feel a major part of the club would lost.

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We understand how you feel Mud, but members still have other issues with him, if we ban him now it'll be more difficult for members to resolve those issues.
    The committee is taking his behaviour seriously and deciding on the best course of action.
    Mud, Mike, Feel free to contact anyone of us if you want to put your side across.

Post Thanks / Like

to be honest ive had dealing with mike and he was great , he brought some bits of me and no issues, end of the day i have had similar problems with mates using accounts on other boards, maybe a word but i mean cumon we all share the love of the r5s dnt we?

Post Thanks / Like

Do we moderate too much?

Trev, post #8 fella.
    Aye sorry Stu, I did see that, I guess I meant: I hope the commitee are actually doing as suggested above.

These things must be pretty hard to get right and obviously require discussion and agreement but there doesn't seem to have been much decisive action on either the Samb5 or Mike Wilson threads yet. They've both been running for quite some time and as both threads remained open for so long it's given the wooden spoons plenty to stir.

Not good for noobs or onlookers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    but i mean cumon we all share the love of the r5s dnt we?
    Can take 'em or leave 'em to be honest ...feckin 5 MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

trev you sure you dont want to ban me it will save alot of heartache along with my pennies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    trev you sure you dont want to ban me it will save alot of heartache along with my pennies
    good point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Aye sorry Stu, I did see that, I guess I meant: I hope the commitee are actually doing as suggested above.

These things must be pretty hard to get right and obviously require discussion and agreement but there doesn't seem to have been much decisive action on either the Samb5 or Mike Wilson threads yet. They've both been running for quite some time and as both threads remained open for so long it's given the wooden spoons plenty to stir.

Not good for noobs or onlookers.

Trev the problem we have, we need the members in question to resolve the issues themselves, let the threads run its course so their is a record of what happened. What does not help is people sticking their nose (not amid at anyone in particular) into topics that have no concern to them and making the situation worse.

If we go in heavy handed and ban them, then they cannot reply or resolve the problems through the site by pm etc. We need to let things run its course and if no one replies or he is just not responding then the MOST we can do is ban them........but if they never go on the site anyway, what good would it actually do?

Another problem we have, it will always be ones persons word against the other. therefor, that was the reason we had the disclaimer on the old site and now the new site stating.

"4. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements."

Sorry if this is not the reply you wanted but we need to "think now, not later" with these awkward situations that are not easy to resolve.
    Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thanks for the response. Here are my thoughts.

I think that the Commitee should take these discrepancies offline immediately. Set a time limit for a result, do their best to mediate between the two parties for a short, agreed period of time and then post up the results, whether they be good, bad or inconclusive. Given the rarity of instances such as these I don't think this is particularly onerous.

Club judgement should be based on the 3rd parties' willingness to communicate, cooperate, compromise and deliver on any agreement made within the bounds of the time limit.

The bottom line is that the club ought to have a stab at resolution as a matter of due diligence and then publicly state its position on a dispute, backed by the classifieds disclaimer policy of 'it isn't the club responsibility'

Here's something that should be added to the classifieds rules (if it isn't already), as advice: Any payments or parcels sent without a tracking facility will hinder the club's ability to mediate and result in a less than satisfactory outcome in the event of a dispute for which the club cannot and will not be held responsible.

Banning members should be discretionary upon completion.

I'll put this in a new thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    to be honest ive had dealing with mike and he was great , he brought some bits of me and no issues, end of the day i have had similar problems with mates using accounts on other boards, maybe a word but i mean cumon we all share the love of the r5s dnt we?
    Did he let you **** his sister?

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer
    1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club.
    2. This facility is provided as a free of charge service and no guarantees are made about any of the items advertised.
    3. If you are interested in buying any of the items advertised, please contact the seller directly.
    4. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements.
    5. We recommend you give feedback, good or bad for both the seller & buyer.

Seller Rules
    1. All items must be sent atleast recorded delivery with a tracking facility & insured
    - This must be done regardless of the value of goods.
    - If the value is under £36 you can use the
    royal mail recorded delivery service
    - If the value is over £36 you must use a courier/ postal service that will track the item, and also insure the sale value of the goods.
    2. The seller must dispatch any items within 2 weeks, from when the payment clears.
    - If this is not possible the seller must inform the buyer when they will be sent.
    3. The seller must supply a tracking number when he has dispatched the goods.
    - The parcel can then be check by both parties with the tracking number
    - This also adds security to you (the seller) that he has received the goods.
    4. The seller is responsible for all goods until they are delivered.
    - This includes calling the delivery company and logging a lost parcel record.
    5. If you the seller receive bad feedback on more than one occasion from different buyers, you can be banned from the classifieds
    or the site with no refund on membership for a reduction in services. This is at the discretion of the committee.

Buyer Rules
    1. Buyers are advised to pay using the following methods;
    - PayPal
    - Postal orders (tick the box that makes them pay it into their Bank Account)
    - Cheques
    2. We recommend that you do NOT send cash for goods.
    3. You as a buyer must be prepared to pay for all packaging and postage costs.
    4. All Items must be paid for within 2 weeks, if this is not possible the buyer must inform the seller when payment will be sent.
    5. The Seller must supply you a tracking number when goods are dispatched.
    6. If the goods have not arrived in the time agreed, you must contact the seller by phone and/or email.
    7. If you the buyer receive bad feedback on more than one occasion from different buyers, you can be banned from the classifieds or the site with no refund on
    membership for a reduction in services. This is at the discretion of the committee.

Post Thanks / Like

Ta.

If this is not adhered to then surely it gives the club an easy stance. Whoever has fallen short pays up to resolve the issue or is banned?

Post Thanks / Like

That was why i added that text about recorded delivery, it also help the people that have not bought/sold things through the site. As we have found out we have people in the club that would not even think of sending recorded delivery, that is why it's now a minimum requirement no matter what you buy.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Recorded delivery is not tracked/insured/or kept separate from "normal" mail. Basically, it's not worth a penny more than first class. If you want something to stand a higher chance of getting somewhere than normal, ONLY use Special Delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

I only use RM first/second class or next day ,DHL through parcels2go for weighty bits .Only lost 1 item out of 2500 odd in three years
    Always put a return address on the parcel and it'll turn up one end or the other ......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Recorded delivery is not tracked/insured/or kept separate from "normal" mail. Basically, it's not worth a penny more than first class. If you want something to stand a higher chance of getting somewhere than normal, ONLY use Special Delivery.
    Can you not check a recorded item on the royal mail website as to whether or not it was delivered?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    I only use RM first/second class or next day ,DHL through parcels2go for weighty bits .Only lost 1 item out of 2500 odd in three years
    I dunno where you are, but I found DHL through parcel2go dreadful at picking up, every time they've taken the best part of a week to collect, whilst assuring me every day that they were picking up the following day. Note this is collecting from work where DHL collect every day. The parcel2go DHL man is not the same as the DHL man.

Post Thanks / Like

You can check that someone has signed for it but that's about the only difference .You can claim value of goods, if you have the receipt for std mail services .

Post Thanks / Like

i try to use tnt, but it cost me £15 to send a top and bottom rad hose. hardly made it worth selling in the end. shame good service costs so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    I dunno where you are, but I found DHL through parcel2go dreadful at picking up, every time they've taken the best part of a week to collect, whilst assuring me every day that they were picking up the following day. Note this is collecting from work where DHL collect every day. The parcel2go DHL man is not the same as the DHL man.

No worries with us .Same guy every time and he even knows to knock round the back at the garage or shed if he gets no answer at the door .Book before 11 and 99% it's collected the same day .

Post Thanks / Like

Can you not check a recorded item on the royal mail website as to whether or not it was delivered?
    As Lee said, the only info you can get is a picture of the signature after it's been delivered. If you enter the item number before the item is signed for, it'll just tell you "no information is available". Also, because recorded items are just chucked in with "normal" post, the stickers do have a habit of falling off before they get a chance to be signed for

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Book before 11 and 99% it's collected the same day .
    from me it's 100% it's not collected for over 3 days. Bloody embarrassing when you've told someone it's on a 3 day delivery. I'll only use them now when I know the recipient can wait a couple of weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Goes to show it's not all black and white ....Just cover your own arse if you're sending stuff
    One thing I would emphasis is that you PUT A RETURN ADDRESS ON !!

Post Thanks / Like

And please do remember that the customer is King .....
    This has just come in on an order ...does she think I deliver it on me bike

Please could you leave with my neighbour if I am not in, or if it is dry weather in my porch, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    They've been spot on for me apart from today! used them about 20 times & they picked up on the specified date,maybe the snow slowed them down today??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    As Lee said, the only info you can get is a picture of the signature after it's been delivered. If you enter the item number before the item is signed for, it'll just tell you "no information is available". Also, because recorded items are just chucked in with "normal" post, the stickers do have a habit of falling off before they get a chance to be signed for
    Surely that is better than regular mail though if you have proof it has been delivered to the address it was meant to, none of this I dunno must be lost in post crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely that is better than regular mail though if you have proof it has been delivered to the address it was meant to, none of this I dunno must be lost in post crap.
    But if the sticker "falls off" it's no longer a Recorded Delivery item, and then there's going to be no proof it's been delivered. Plus, because they're so worthless, the postman (if they really wanted to, and a lot do) can put any old squiggle on the form, and leave the package. If they get pulled up on it, they plead ignorant, because they can easily get away with it.

The likelihood of them doing that with a Special Delivery item is much less, as we can get in serious crap for "messing about" with a SD item.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok , just to make all aware , i recieved a pm of appoligy from Mike , I have accepted his applogy and i hope thats an end to the matter , im 35 and cant be arsed with school boy **** , i think Mike took time to read the thread and realised hed made a c**t of himself .

anyway im prepaired to forget this instance ,as its the type of guy i am and i really hope that everyone thats due parts/money from Mike get sorted .

Id also like this thread removed , tbh i really dont want to see any member being banned from the site , im sure if Mike could adjust his attitude he would probably have no probs when selling parts , Im sure Mike is fully aware of the pos he finds himself in with the club ,weather hes bothered or not im not sure .

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mud & Mike! That should be how things are sorted

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work lads.....Good to see that we are all adults in the end....ONE LOVE ONE BLOOD!!!!!!!