Hi All,
I originally joined the 5 owners club in 1997 when I had my phase 1 red R5 (D497 WPA) and went on to own a R11 turbo 2 white Phase 2 (E91 APN) before moving to the dark side.
I am now back having bought a "project" 5

Buying from eBay the seller was very helpful and honest, but now it is dawning on me as to how big a task I have.
I bought a rolling shell, with subframes and steering rack and suspension installed and lots of boxes of parts.

I am going through the boxes and finding parts, both Haynes manuals (Green and Blue), but no History.

The shell is now completely stripped and has been treated to new inner and outer sills, new rear bumper mounts, new seat rails ( old ones were removed for scaffold poles to be welded in and a seat welded in place) and a few other new panels. Once the welding is complete I will get a complete respray in the original colour 495 and try and follow the guides to put everything back in to the car keeping it as standard as possible or with a few upgrades that can easily be swapped back.

I will probably be posting lots asking what the bolts look like that attach certain parts and which order to put it back together.

My order will be:
Welding
Respray
Refresh/Check engine - Uprate head gasket while shell off being sprayed
Powder coat subframes
rubdown and spray engine mounts.
When back from spraying
Fit glass and panels (Bonnet, wings, boot, spoiler, rear bumper)
Run new brake lines and fuel lines,
Fit rear of the car,
engine bay,
electrics,
Dash and interior.

I am Bournemouth based so would be great to catch up with any local owners or meet at shows nearby

Greg