Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

fan not working

hi chaps.

I own a phase 2 gt turbo and the fan won't come in to cool the car. I have change the fan switch but still no joy. it was working fine but I didn't use the car for a couple of months. when I started it to let it run the fan decided not to work. I have checked the fuses and they seem to be ok and had a look at the wiring but all seems ok. Any ideas??????

Also the car is blowing oil. I have had the turbo out and had it checked and all seems ok. I have been told it could be a blocked breather pipe had a mooch around and they all seem ok. any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fan not working

Quote Originally Posted by GTTURBO1988 View Post
    hi chaps.

I own a phase 2 gt turbo and the fan won't come in to cool the car. I have change the fan switch but still no joy. it was working fine but I didn't use the car for a couple of months. when I started it to let it run the fan decided not to work. I have checked the fuses and they seem to be ok and had a look at the wiring but all seems ok. Any ideas??????

Also the car is blowing oil. I have had the turbo out and had it checked and all seems ok. I have been told it could be a blocked breather pipe had a mooch around and they all seem ok. any suggestions would be really appreciated.
    Hi Mate,

Have you changed the relay? It has likely given up. If you have changed it then bridge the relay to determine the fan unit works by giving it a live. Other than that bleed the cooling system again.

Where is the car blowing oil from, the exhaust?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate that's for responding to my post. The car is blowing oil when I come off boost. It boosts fine but when I come off the accelerator it blows smoke on the run down. I have had a look and there is oil seeping out of the turbo. But had the turbo out 3 times and sent it to prima racing. They had a look at it and said the turbo was fine so must be a blocked breather they said. I have looked and looked but can't find any blockages anywhere. I am all out of ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTTURBO1988 View Post
    Hi mate that's for responding to my post. The car is blowing oil when I come off boost. It boosts fine but when I come off the accelerator it blows smoke on the run down. I have had a look and there is oil seeping out of the turbo. But had the turbo out 3 times and sent it to prima racing. They had a look at it and said the turbo was fine so must be a blocked breather they said. I have looked and looked but can't find any blockages anywhere. I am all out of ideas.
    What colour is the smoke? Maybe check the breather plugged into the telephone hose if its there. Some run a filter here if the standard system is modified. Do you have any oil in the boost hose to the intercooler? Is there any play at all in the turbo compressor shaft? A small amount of side to side is ok, but in/out is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EDM View Post
    What colour is the smoke? Maybe check the breather plugged into the telephone hose if its there. Some run a filter here if the standard system is modified. Do you have any oil in the boost hose to the intercooler? Is there any play at all in the turbo compressor shaft? A small amount of side to side is ok, but in/out is not.
    Have a look at the oil separator and clean it plus make sure pipes (separator and turbo) going into sump are clear!