East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear Jacking Points

Has anybody had any work done to, or replaced their rear jacking points on their 5? Mine was in for MOT on Friday which went fine as they held out, just thinking of making replacing them before next years MOT as they do look abit rough around the edges.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would interested in what to do with the rears aswell mate, I'm unsure if you can even buy rear jacking points?

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough I had mine MOT'd last week also and he mentioned there was some rust around that area and gave me an advisory. I'm planning on dropping the axle soon and will inspect the area when I do it. Fingers crossed they're not rotten. I don't think jacking points are available for the back so it might be a case of having to make them up.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's rusty round there then it will be rusty on your inner rear sill I'm doing my inner and outer sills and have there for removed my jacking points no point having them personally as I do all my own repairs and won't be using a four poster lift. But I could always just weld a box section on there.. If you go on the FB group you will see what state mine was in and under the beam it's self you couldn't see it till I removed the beam but I think another couple of years it would have been very sketchy for sure I had three huge holes on one side and two on the other. Scary to think it holds your back wheels on.. get the hammer out and get tapping

Post Thanks / Like

mine seem to be very good ......but i was thinking of making 2 bolt extensions from the rear axil bolts and bolting a platform to them for a new jacking point......we'll see how i get on ....so-to-speak

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, do need to drop the rear beam and do some investigation work, just finding the time. Conscious that if its in bits it I wont be able to drive it and it might sit there! lol. Its on the list to do, perhaps at the same time the O/S sill gets replaced. Dropping beam shoudnt take long, ramp would be handy though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Yeah, do need to drop the rear beam and do some investigation work, just finding the time. Conscious that if its in bits it I wont be able to drive it and it might sit there! lol. Its on the list to do, perhaps at the same time the O/S sill gets replaced. Dropping beam shoudnt take long, ramp would be handy though.
    No garage? Mines on stands picked up the sheet metal to repair it all £15 hopefully my limited skills won't **** it up.. It's my first time doing welding and fabbing shapes and sizes.. I won't quit till its 100% though after all it holds my wheels on the car