Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike GT turbo spares hard to deal with?

Hello,
    Really did not want to do this but I am finding it really hard to buy things from Mike at GT turbo spares I guess a lot of you are good friends and no him personally and I hope people don't take this the wrong way I just want to buy stuff to finish my car and make him money
    But I am really thinking of selling up as I can not get the parts and stuff for this car any longer if CGB don't have them as mike dose not seem the be bothered.
    Endless emails send with days if not weeks later with a pointless reply about nothing that I had asked in the message.
    Is there any better way of contacting mike other than email?
    or dose he just not want the business?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike GT turbo spares hard to deal with?

Hi,

Can you get a list up of the parts you require? I am sure that we can help you find the parts you need.

I know that Mike has been extremely busy at the moment and I am sure that he would like the business too.

Get a list up of what's needed let's see what we can do.

Dan

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like said, best thing is create a list and see what we can sort out from the members. Effort put into these cars just to stop when nearly finished is not great and will regret it if you sell up

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in the same boat Sig, I dont like keep bothering Mike with emails as I understand he is obviously busy, I've just come to the conclusion to be patient as he does get back to you eventually, I ordered in July and still waiting but I keep changing my order so I dont help myself
    Has the others have said though try on here has you never know what others are hanging on to

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

emailed him too over the past couple of weeks about buying parts and no response

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes Mike goes away on holiday or has a break for a few weeks. I'm sure he'll be back on the ball soon. After years of faithful service we have to give him plenty of slack.

Post Thanks / Like

Last time i spoke to him, about three weeks or so ago. He was going in for bk appointment/surgery. He might be in recovery time. I do hope hes ok

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is doing ok. He is going through some personal issues at the moment,which I am sure we can all understand.

Please bear with Mike and as always if the members of the club can help you find parts or share that knowledge we have learnt do ask.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

I have dealt with Mike for a long time and recently had some service parts,always a pleasure to deal with and fast shipping.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,thanks for your support, had an accident last year which has left me with neck and back issues. Also family members not been well and passing on. Just recently found out my 6 year old cholocate Lab has liver problems so been to and from the Vets alot. I will try and answer but I have alot to try and help with on the home front, I still love the R5 GT Turbos and want to be part of keeping them alive. My website inbox currently has 538 new emails. I will get there.

Take care one and all.

Thanks Mike

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    Hi,thanks for your support, had an accident last year which has left me with neck and back issues. Also family members not been well and passing on. Just recently found out my 6 year old cholocate Lab has liver problems so been to and from the Vets alot. I will try and answer but I have alot to try and help with on the home front, I still love the R5 GT Turbos and want to be part of keeping them alive. My website inbox currently has 538 new emails. I will get there.

Take care one and all.

Thanks Mike
    Hope things turn around for the better real soon mate...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keef layton View Post

Hope things turn around for the better real soon mate...

DITTO

Your a top bloke Mike, sorry to hear your dealing with a bad hand atm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    DITTO

Your a top bloke Mike, sorry to hear your dealing with a bad hand atm

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Mike wish you well bruh..... Let me know about the GT Turbo side decals when you can mate... The restoration will just have to be put on pause

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Well I just wanted to say thanks Mike for the post and update on your work status. I hope this post did not come across the wrong way as that was not intended at all.
    Just wanted to one know if you was still doing it and see if there was a better way to contact you if you was.
    But as you have more important stuff now I know I will have to wait.
    I would say tho if you have all them emails with people needing stuff might be a good idea of setting up a auto reply just to let them know
    or get someone to help you out as I guess your missing out on a lot of business then again we can not buy from any where else so I guess not

Just want to say I have brought bits from mike and the transactions have been faultless
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sig; 07-10-2015 at 23:17.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

As a few people have asked what I am after.
    The main thing I wanted was a price on a engine rebuild but I guess mike has no time for this right now so dose any one know where else is reliable and good with these engines.
    I could buy the parts myself but I really would rather have it done by mike or someone with abit of experience with these engines.
    Best place to get all engine parts for the build?
    I am also after if any one can help
    Drivers seat as good condition as possible no rips or thin material.
    also after the driver and passenger window seals outside and inside I know mike sells the outer ones.
    There is other bits but any help with the above would be great
    thanks
    Last edited by Sig; 07-10-2015 at 23:27.