Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello All

Hi all. im new to here from norfolk . ive got a slight problem with ma 5 i was hoping someone on here could help with thanks Dan

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello All

Welcome to RTOC Dan, good work signing up, as I said before all the help & advice you need is just here, we are a friendly bunch

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 5 & meeting up to see it soon
    Last edited by Mr Raider; 02-01-2015 at 20:10.

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mate, get some pics up!

What's up with the 5?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome matey. Hope you enjoy the club!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

got a problem with the carb i think :s, she idles nice and smooth but as soon as i go to rev it it splutters and then revs, will also do this when driving at low rpm. but if i raise the rpm to 2000 and above it will tend to rev straight aways. also when driving it seems to pull better at half throttle than full throttle. any help is appreciated and a point in the right direction will be great
    thanks
    dan

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcginlay View Post

got a problem with the carb i think :s, she idles nice and smooth but as soon as i go to rev it it splutters and then revs, will also do this when driving at low rpm. but if i raise the rpm to 2000 and above it will tend to rev straight aways. also when driving it seems to pull better at half throttle than full throttle. any help is appreciated and a point in the right direction will be great
    thanks
    dan
    I had a similar issue last year, my emulsion tube was blocked. It's the tube that sprays fuel down the Venturi when you look down the carb with the lobster off. It could be a number of factors really! Air leak, acc pump jet adjustment. When was the carb last rebuilt?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club m8

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    I had a similar issue last year, my emulsion tube was blocked. It's the tube that sprays fuel down the Venturi when you look down the carb with the lobster off. It could be a number of factors really! Air leak, acc pump jet adjustment. When was the carb last rebuilt?
    well to be honest i have had the car 4 years and just put on road last week, and carb has never been rebuilt whilst i have owned it. soo you reckon check for and air leaks and perished pipes and probly rebuild the carb.

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcginlay View Post

well to be honest i have had the car 4 years and just put on road last week, and carb has never been rebuilt whilst i have owned it. soo you reckon check for and air leaks and perished pipes and probly rebuild the carb.
    Yes matey, spray plenty of carb cleaner around the inlet manifold and carb area to check for any leaks, while it's idling. We have rebuild kits in the club shop and also a very good article on here with plenty of pics on servicing your carb

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    Yes matey, spray plenty of carb cleaner around the inlet manifold and carb area to check for any leaks, while it's idling. We have rebuild kits in the club shop and also a very good article on here with plenty of pics on servicing your carb
    ok buddy cheers have looked for any split pipes and have not found any. but will try using carb cleaner around there to check for leeks and will purchase a kit from the club shop when i can . will also have a look for that article

thanks buddy
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club dan.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club