Post Thanks / Like

grinding noise not the bearing. grrrr

Ive got a bearing type noise coming from the front. Cant figure out whivh side tried both wheels no noise no 0lay. Got me stumped.... will have to jack it up and have a look on my nightshift.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: grinding noise not the bearing. grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    Ive got a bearing type noise coming from the front. Cant figure out whivh side tried both wheels no noise no 0lay. Got me stumped.... will have to jack it up and have a look on my nightshift.
    does it make noise on acceleration ? Gearbox diff bearing? I hope not though ? driveshaft on way out?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup but it either goes away or i cant hear it more likely on boost. Also cars started vibrating at low speed, struggling to go in gear too. maybe relared as i just put a clutch cable in, which rules that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup but it either goes away or i cant hear it more likely on boost. Also cars started vibrating at low speed, struggling to go in gear too. maybe relared as i just put a clutch cable in, which rules that out.
    I had the same kind of thing 6months ago.. Turned out to be passenger driveshaft..I couldn't hear mine at low speeds, but under load it would knock its nuts off very clunkish sound could feel it through the whole car...might be worth topping up the gearbox oil.

Also suspension strut top mounts clunk when on way out.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought drive shaft too. Will know soon enough my break in half hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol well was not expecing it to be that. Turns out ive killed the rear engine mount and that was causing the drive shaft, drivers side to touch/rub the exhaust downpipe. Ordered a new one on ebay. Should be able to fit on my wednesday nightshift.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol well was not expecing it to be that. Turns out ive killed the rear engine mount and that was causing the drive shaft, drivers side to touch/rub the exhaust downpipe. Ordered a new one on ebay. Should be able to fit on my wednesday nightshift.
    lol....bloody cars ha..nice one FairPlay will bear that one in mind for future reference

Post Thanks / Like

i was just going to suggest engine mounts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorted the mounting defo need to change front bearings both sides and fix a new problem the front left brake is binding. So much so i cant turn the wheel by hand when jacked up.
    I have willwood 4pot calipers how much will it cost to sort it. Im assuming its the seals the need doing as the piston seems to have seized. Thanks any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt have thought it would be too difficult to do yourself, just get some new seals. Ive done them on motorbike 4 pot calipers before and the seals were cheap. Just a case of popping out existing pistons, cleaning them up, new seals, lube with brake fluid and pop back in. Then bleed through after with new fluid.

Post Thanks / Like

right now both front brakes are binding, as suggested by turbo ted must be the servo on way out. good job ive got a spare one think ill drop it off to national tyres to do after i finish tonihgt, pick it up when its done.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they binding when the engine is off or on? or both? If it's both I'd suggest it's nothingto do with the servo and would investigate the callipers further.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Alex I've dropped car off at garage gonna ring them shortly. Bit weird it's both sides doing it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorted well half sorted the drivers wheel bearing shot and passenger side defo sticking caliper. Bearing arrived at lunch time doing them now. Have to order a set of seals for the front calipers.