Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gt tunning cybercooler?

Has anyone fitted the cybercooler with all the water jet system working? When I brought mine I had no pump or switches to put in the car and wounded what gt tunning supplied in the kit, has anyone still got the instructions that came to help set it up, any help would be much apriticiated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gt tunning cybercooler?

I would have thought the pump would be similar to a water injection setup so a high pressure pump and a switch which works off boost pressure to turn it on and off.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jp racing doubt its that complex not even my old Evo 6 had it boost activated was just a switch to turn on and off on the centre console. I would have though all kit would be is mist jets, tank, pipework for jets and a simple pump prob just a washer jet pump and loom for it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The description did say about it coming on with certain boost think the switch they sold was actuated to 20psi as standard but could be adjusted, and the a over ride switch in the car to pre drench the cooler, just wanted to get it set up to how they did but haven't a clue were to start

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about maybe using these items to get it all up and running?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst driving along a water spray is not going to make any difference to the temp as it will be getting enough cool air through the fins. Only reason you would want a spray is to keep it cool whilst standstill, maybe before going up the drag strip. Can make a spray kit up easily, can use a screen wash bottle from a 5, mount another one in there, use the pump from there, pipe work to front and then just buy a nozzle to direct it onto the intercooler

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I already have the nozzles was just wondering to how it worked with the pumps and switches as I haven't got them, just thought be something abit different to be honest as I have the jets already and give it my own touch lol fairly simple by the sounds of it then

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

And suppose stuck on the m6 at a standstill needle reaching 3 quarters give it a spray lol as not really gunna be going to drag strips

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Whilst driving along a water spray is not going to make any difference to the temp as it will be getting enough cool air through the fins. Only reason you would want a spray is to keep it cool whilst standstill, maybe before going up the drag strip. Can make a spray kit up easily, can use a screen wash bottle from a 5, mount another one in there, use the pump from there, pipe work to front and then just buy a nozzle to direct it onto the intercooler
    I made a very simple intercooler spray, got the tank/pump etc from ebay and I've used 3 Vauxhall insignia washer jets as they mist rather than just jet. Total cost was about £15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebagmagic View Post
    I already have the nozzles was just wondering to how it worked with the pumps and switches as I haven't got them, just thought be something abit different to be honest as I have the jets already and give it my own touch lol fairly simple by the sounds of it then
    I use to have the cybercooler set-up with water jets. It used the rear washer jet pump which had an anti-syphon circuit connected. I also attached it to an over-boost sensor so it came on automatically when high boost was detected.