Post Thanks / Like

Devil exhaust ?

Has anyone had a replica devil exhaust? From cbr Motorsport in Telford ? Are they the same as the real ones ? I'm after the Motorsport raspy sound..I think the whole system is 2" to the back box..sound sweet on the YouTube videos I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil exhaust ?

If I remember rightly, the mild steel ones sounded awesome, then they changed the design I think when they went to stainless and it lost some of it's character. We're talking a decade and more ago though.

Not heard of CBR.

Post Thanks / Like

Soz cgb Motorsport ....yes i like the sound too but these are replicas..n just wonderd if anyone off here has had one? And what they are like.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a devil fitted go my car by the previous owner and it hadn't been on long but has rotted away at the back section.I still have the devil middle pipe but that has also had better days so I don't think their will be many originals left.

I seen an original Renault 5 system on eBay the other day which might look good on your car and they still have the growl.

If you want custom go to meertcat exhausts up in Scotland he can give you whatever sound and style you want and is cheap too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sie5gtturbo View Post
    Soz cgb Motorsport ....yes i like the sound too but these are replicas..n just wonderd if anyone off here has had one? And what they are like.
    It could be that the stainless ones were the replicas back then come to think of it. The originals are so far in the past it's unreal. If that's the case then no, they don't sound as good. Difficult to know without hearing one though.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to get hold of a genuine devil with the straight tailpipe rather than the fluted copy that cgb sell.

Have you had a look at the OMP exhausts available in France?

This is what I think I'll be buying, purely for the sound. It's awesome

http://youtu.be/gT4lRDrPVNo

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's the sound that I'm after...sweet as a nut..totally different sound from my 3" scorpion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    I'd love to get hold of a genuine devil with the straight tailpipe rather than the fluted copy that cgb sell.

Have you had a look at the OMP exhausts available in France?

This is what I think I'll be buying, purely for the sound. It's awesome

http://youtu.be/gT4lRDrPVNo

I've got one In the garage Ross. I brought it a few years ago with a few other cup car bits. The one that is on my cup car had a small silencer on it but was so loud on the track I put another one on it.

Post Thanks / Like

My mate had a one-off stainless Devil replica on his old Ph1, complete with trumpeted tail pipe. It was the best sounding exhaust I ever heard on a GTT.

I can't remember now which company did replication but it they had an original mild steel one to work from.

I wish we had a video of it. Back then though, the types of mobile phones we had were Nokia 5110's

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sie5gtturbo View Post
    Yes that's the sound that I'm after...sweet as a nut..totally different sound from my 3" scorpion
    My mates 5 had a DeVil on it 25 years ago. I'd like one too.

Are you sure that the sound on that vid is not down to a tubular equal length manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_S View Post
    My mates 5 had a DeVil on it 25 years ago. I'd like one too.

Are you sure that the sound on that vid is not down to a tubular equal length manifold?
    My 5 has got a standard manifold on and has a faint subaru burrble...so I'm guessing a devil replica exhaust will sound bang on with my mods...just want that waaaarrrp sound ha..my turbo exhaust dwn pipe hasn't been worked on either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    My mate had a one-off stainless Devil replica on his old Ph1, complete with trumpeted tail pipe. It was the best sounding exhaust I ever heard on a GTT.

I can't remember now which company did replication but it they had an original mild steel one to work from.

I wish we had a video of it. Back then though, the types of mobile phones we had were Nokia 5110's

That phone brings back memories lol you could change the fronts on the if I remember rightly lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've brought one..when it's on I'll give you my verdict n pics hope it sounds pukka..rekon air filter n manifold Nxt for that rally poppin sound ha

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you get a video of it

Post Thanks / Like

image.jpg

Well it's on ...but doesn't sound like what I wanted 😭..
    I've lost the burble which I had with my 3inch..
    Seems to be a centre pipe inside the tail pipe which is taking the rally rasp out of the sound...may need to modify!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is that inner lining there? It doesn't even look like it's baffled.

I had to remove a tail-pipe baffle from my old Mongoose. Made a huge difference. This doesn't look quite the same though.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that inner liner is for sound restriction...which totally defeats what I wanted it for..😠 it's going to get chopped off n sorted..it's actually a good fitting exhaust just pissed off with the sound..maybe the sound Ull change when I get timing retarded a weee bit n fuelling has been sorted..wanted that growl n burble....I'll be back with updates..

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not liking the look of that at all tbh.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not liking the look of that at all tbh.
    I didn't buy it for the look kidda..it was the sound lol..I'm past the 3 inch bad boy look n drives me mad on a long run..I'll sort it will try n get a vid up on YouTube when it's sorted..trust me they sound awesome 😈..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I mean, in comparison to a legit DeVil exhaust it looks crap.

Post Thanks / Like

If I could have got my hands on a real devil exhaust I would have bud..but they are a thing of the past mate...hens teeth...jst tryin my best too get close to one..I know it's not the best looking tail pipe but I fancy being abit different from the rest..

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Without seeing the side it seems to look ok to me. It'd look better if you can cut back that inner pipe a bit. Does it say Devil on the side? I remember at the first ND back in 2002 theres was a Dutch GTT with a straight through Devil system and that looked epic.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I mean, in comparison to a legit DeVil exhaust it looks crap.
    I think tbf to this exhaust it does look like it has the Devil trumpet style tailpipe. It's just that inner thing that is causing it to look different. Maybe the actual tailpipe is the inner one and the outer trumpet is there for show. That would be whack

I doubt it says Devil on the side of the tail. That would be cool but probably also quite illegal.

Sie, can you take a couple more pics for us? Including one from a side angle.