Post Thanks / Like

3 hours to change a wishbone...lol

Changed a wishbone and the dude was sweating so much in the end he only did one side.

One nut came out easy the front one, the rear one was seized and took a hammer, blowtorch, crowbar and finally a grinder to get it out. The garage man wasn't impressed one bit in the end after doing one side and re tracking the car, he said come back tommorow to do the other side. lol oh well he only charged me £25 so not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 hours to change a wishbone...lol

Lol great stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I did mine at my mates garage and ha the same experience I had to burn the bushes for it to budge both sides. Horrible job and I snapped the bolts they were soilid if I was at home I don't think I would of managed it at all. Horrible job I think I got the bolts from Renault as people said they would be rusted in sure it was like £8 a bolt possibly more. Won't be doing it again though I guess it's because of were they are wet then dry for years..

Post Thanks / Like

thinks hes fudged it up. car not driving right and noticed the wheel on that side is sitting closer to the arch than before. looks like its moved half inch or so back toward the windscreen side and also my brakes are not stopping evenly now seems like the right side is not applying same pressure as the left. what could he have messed up?

Post Thanks / Like

Check you got right wishbones as ones being sold by gsf were slightly longer than OE ones.

Perhaps campus ones are different?

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy5 View Post
    Check you got right wishbones as ones being sold by gsf were slightly longer than OE ones.

Perhaps campus ones are different?
    Clio one?

Post Thanks / Like

Christ sounds like a right mare. But 3 hours work for £25 you cant complain!

I just did the passengers side one on mine this last week and it wasnt too bad at all on my car. Which surprised me as that side of my car is by far the rustiest, but the wishbone came off easy enough. I think because the wishbone bolts were covered in oily gunk it must have protected them. Rather than replace the wishbones, i just fitted new polly bushes, new ball joints, track rod ends, cleaned up & repainted the old wishbones and fitted them back on.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies guys all sorted. the wishbones were gt turbo ones from haz. changed the other side now it drives much better. drivers wheels still looks more back than the otherside to me though, need to measure it to be sure.

think my braking issue has something to do with an idiot in a vw sharan with no brake lights stopping suddenly on the a59. just stopped short of crashing into the back of him. think i must have messed something up. that my next job to sort out. car stops fine just not as good as before.

Post Thanks / Like

front drivers side wheel defo not in the right place, looks exactly llike ashys in this thread below. Think ive found my problem.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...light=wishbone

Post Thanks / Like

This is fairly comment error, I wouldn't worry to much about it, as long as you get them swapped back round then happy days.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont have another wishbone. will i be able to take this one out and sort the metel thingy out and out it back in?

Post Thanks / Like

Get the bolts copperslipped when they go back in :-) Hondas are way more fun changing suspension parts even my 14year old civic was harder to do than my 25year old renault! Snap,swearing,blowtorch,bloody knuckles,being stuck without a car,wrong parts sent by supplier=FUN TIMES

Post Thanks / Like

found the problem

drivers side defo not right one of the bush/metel insert thing seems to have moved from centre.

passenger side is right sitting in the midle.