Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Boxing tickets

I have a pair of tickets for Froch Groves at Wembley for sale. Anyone interested?
    £300. They're good seats, not the cheap ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boxing tickets

If only.

We have a BBQ set up and a whole night's entertainment. Can't wait. Come on the Cobra!

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah looking forward to this. I had Groves down to win the first bout but I can't decide this time.....?

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my bro and a few mates are off down to London next weekend, got accommodation afterwards also so will be no doubt three sheets to the wind singing for Froch.

I think grovesy is a much better boxer but I'm not sure he can out worrier froch.

I think it will go like the last time, froch will get mullered then come into his own towards the end.

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight wont go past the 6th round im not a fan of either but froch is still above groves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTphil View Post
    Me and my bro and a few mates are off down to London next weekend, got accommodation afterwards also so will be no doubt three sheets to the wind singing for Froch.

I think grovesy is a much better boxer but I'm not sure he can out worrier froch.

I think it will go like the last time, froch will get mullered then come into his own towards the end.
    Sounds like a good weekend that Phil.I hope froch wins.I watched the one on one interview on sky and groves just contradicted himself all the time.He wants to be thankfull the froch has give him a second chance.Something he didnt give to James degale.I think froch sums it up well when he said you didnt beat me when i was at my worst.Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

My take on it:

Groves was ranked 6th when he was gifted his first shot and has griped his way into forcing Froch to fight again. The ref jumped in early in the first fight which is again fortunate for George because it robbed Froch of a fantastic come-back KO. However, we're now treated to a huge UK bust up and both boxers will do really well out of it.

Groves is younger, faster, a better boxer and a good puncher. And yet on his best day he still couldn't get rid of a very jaded Froch (that limp jab was dreadful). Carl looked horrible in the build up to the first fight both mentally and physically but that appears to be reversed this time. He looks switched on for this now.

So I'm going Froch KO by the 11th unless Groves can fight smart for 12 rounds, that's his best chance. Has his stamina improved enough though and can he avoid getting dragged into a bust up? I don't think so, I think Froch will catch up with him eventually.

Absolutely can't wait

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

£250 anyone?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Froch to win, but think Groves will come out on top.

Groves won't go toe to toe this time, if he used his head last time and used the ring and slipped in and out he would have won.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right TC but he hasn't yet developed the legs to do that for 12 rounds (from what we've seen so far). If this is still the case, Froch will catch him eventually through pressure, and then Groves is in trouble because his chin isn't particularly tough.

Froch is not nearly the best boxer in the world but his chin and engine are at elite level and his power is one step down from there. It's just a matter of whether the last war and age have taken a bit away from him.

Not saying George can't win it though, all results are possible in this one!

Last edited by Trevhib; 26-05-2014 at 20:33.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    You're right TC but he hasn't yet developed the legs to do that for 12 rounds (from what we've seen so far). If this is still the case, Froch will catch him eventually through pressure, and then Groves is in trouble because his chin isn't particularly tough.

Froch is not nearly the best boxer in the world but his chin and engine are at elite level and his power is one step down from there. It's just a matter of whether the last war and age have taken a bit away from him.

Not saying George can't win it though, all results are possible in this one!

It'll be interesting Trev that's for sure! De Gale will be screaming for a rematch against groves if he wins lol. That was a great fight.

Post Thanks / Like

Aye mate!

Groves v DeGale, another lucky night for Georgie!

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, sorry Daz, for the hijack. I hope you shift the tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned you had these to a friend. Where exactly are the seats please

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Btw, sorry Daz, for the hijack. I hope you shift the tickets.
    Haha no probs Trev! It's going to be a cracking fight! Can't stand Groves so come on the cobra!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tickets now sold..

Post Thanks / Like

Groves to win in the 5th cobra has had his day.. Changed my mind when he said in an interview " iv been to fights when I was skint and I wanted them to go further" no nottingham loyalty here.. Beat that cobra

Post Thanks / Like

Booo

Nice one Daz.

Post Thanks / Like

nice k.o what a punch

Post Thanks / Like

Was an epic evening, just on the tube now on our way back to Notting Hill to continue the session!

There's only ONE Carl Froch!

Post Thanks / Like

So who is Froch going to fight next??

De-gale is now the no1 contender and will be a mandatory fight for froch otherwise he will have to vacate his belt.

I'm almost certain he wants to fight Andre Ward again, that is however a battle I'm not sure froch can win.

I think he will fight De-gale first then will either take on ward in Vegas or Nottingham as his last fight.

The atmosphere last night in Wemberly Stadium was awesome.

No more slap talk from groves now after hitting the canvass.........hahaha! Was funny watching all the groves fans faces..... I had froch tko in the 10th round......close but not quite close enough, would have paid for the trip and digs if he would have just waited another 2 rounds.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

De Gale is mandatory so I'd assume he'll fight him otherwise he'd lose his belts? OR he might fight Chavez Jr in Vegas. I'm not sure a rematch with Ward is wise......

Post Thanks / Like

5 live sport rekon ward is so good he can't get a fight......he outclassed Froch in the last fight.

They mentioned the Mexican badboy would be a good crowd puller in Vegas.

Froch himself said he's at the very least having the summer off, there was even talk of him vacating his belts then taking Chavez on.....i can't see that personally.

Probably De-gale first then on to a his last fight for big money in Vegas. Would love to go out there and watch that fight........

Post Thanks / Like

I rest my case

Awesome night's boxing, ending with that massive right hand. The crowd were going 'boom' every time they replayed the KO on the big screen. Lol.

DeGale looked awesome, and super awkward. He's all wrong for Froch and I don't believe Froch has any intention of fighting him. He's fulfilled his 'fight the up and comer' requirements, it's time for the cash out fight in Vegas, he has nothing more to prove.

Also, since that's two IBF mandatorys on the bounce he is now allowed a voluntary defence, which means he can face who he wants without vacating. Not sure about the WBA belt.

Kessler is now talking about a third fight but I don't want to see that again. Ward, the second best boxer on the planet after Mayweather, is almost irrelevant in commercial terms. A Gennady Golovkin match up may not generate enough cash either and in any case, he's still a middleweight. That really only leaves Chavez Jr.

As for DeGale, Eddie ought to be getting him that fight with Bika that big Mick failed to arrange.

Post Thanks / Like

Degale would certainly be a step down for froch i think, he's hinted for Vegas a few times now maybe the time is now right for it.

Yeah the crown "Booming" was hilarious, their was plenty of banter between the fans. All in good humor but was funny.

Loved the way groves was immediately afterwards but then in the interviews the morning after he started running his mouth off again. Saying things like "i was clearly winning on points" and "he just caught me"

He's a few million up at least but i just wish he would stop talking himself up. How you can get tko'd and still give it the big i am, I don't know. Still he's a young talanted boxer and I'm sure will continue at a high level.

Post Thanks / Like

I think after those losses Groves has to continue to talk himself up more than ever in order to maximise his career. That's been his modus operandi so far, which got him both fights in the first place (I mean who had he fought before Froch).

At this point it's pretty obvious that he doesn't have elite stamina or chin however. That right hand would have knocked out anyone on the planet but there are enough other signs to indicate that he's vulnerable in that area at the highest level. So he needs to talk a lot and show confidence in order to stay relevant. Then, his next two or three fights will be crucial. Sauerland have to walk a tight-rope of getting him back in the ring against recognised opponents that will lead to another title shot (against Abraham or Bika), without taking another loss.

I think DeGale could be the next big thing though. I believe (like most) that he beat Groves in 2011 and is significantly improved since then. With the win over Gonzales he has shown he's a top ten SMW fighter and both Boxrec and Ring magazine rate him at number 7. I'd like to see him against Stieglitz, Bika or Abraham next. Hearn says his next fight will be for a title so it has to be one of those two as Froch is not going to fight him next and he is not ready for Ward.