Post Thanks / Like

Pedal box fast road / track / kit car set up.

Well, I like the look of them, but in this case I might need to go down this route due to lack of space where my brake master cylinder pokes out.

I'm going to be running hydraulic clutch anyway, but two things I want to know, I've not seen anything or anyone who runs one of these using a vacuum servo style set up for the brake?

Is this needed and will it make the brakes feel odd?

Secondly, would it feel weird having the pedal pivot point being on the bottom?

The kit I'm looking at has two version, one floor mounted and the other bulk head/top mounted, but problem I can see top mounted is space for the cylinders? And as for the floor version is again cylinder space, ie with the shape of the floor the pedal box would/could be to close to me to give enough space to clear the cylinders?

Anyone using something like this or have done can comment on how they feel etc?

Here's what I'm currently considering. -

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motors...l-box-assembly

Edited to add, select option "Gold Kit" in the drop down menu, link won't open the page on that particular kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pedal fast road / track / kit car set up.

Just to let you know Handy on here runs a brake set up with no servo and has said it can be scary when coming up on something fast and having to push really hard for the brakes to do there thing. So much so he's converting back to servo assisted. He's put the servos side by side in the engine bay but has no engine in the front

I also think I looked into getting a pedal box setup and it would be very tight for the floor mounted one and impossible for a top mounted one I have mounted my clutch cylinder the same as scoff and tutuur and turbo Ted has and fingers crossed the mini cylinder works. It seems to on first testing, put it in gear rock the car it won't roll forwards or back apply the clutch and by 3/4 of the way it's free rolling again but not had it started yet to check for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pedal fast road / track / kit car set up.

Great info thanks.

This is pretty much what I was thinking in ref to the brakes.

As for the clutch, I will using as much of the oe set up from the donor car but modding my pedal like you've said and others have done.

My main issue is really just the servo/cylinder space engine bay side, I'm just thinking ahead at the moment, but hoping I can get away with squeezing it in and keeping the Renault oe brake pedal assembly set up.