Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Acrimonious whinging

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    we really need people with drive and energy to keep this place moving.
    As we've been saying and asking for continuously for years.

Post Thanks / Like

& so we start again..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    Too open a question Ian. Too many variables.

Starting with digital answers where there are only two variables and drill down later.
    A yes / no is meaningless.

Maybe as well start the 'drilling down' at the start.

Especially as we already know the final answer. The club has needed more help for a long time and has not been in receipt of it. The club does not need to get rid of anyone. It needs more people doing actual work.

People leave fast enough of their own accord as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Tbh I did take it with a small pinch of salt and I agree things could have been handled a lot better (on all sides) I would really prefer it if nobody left ( I got banned from the RTOF for trying to start that discussion) and you know we really need people with drive and energy to keep this place moving.

tell you what here it is

"Brilliant, asking want we want and all the answers so far have been pretty much what is already available elsewhere. Instead of jumping ship why are you guys not staying put and trying to fix it. Ridiculous."

not really a start to a discussion i don't think more a statement.
    And enough to get me a ban? I've said worse on Clio sport and been fine and they really are a bunch of fascists.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, can you think of anything you can offer the club as help ? Serious question, you are quite vocal, so lets try to put it to some good use maybe ?

If you see Moggy's thread it does pretty much sum things up, what has happened before & is happening now & some suggestions on how we should start moving forward, not backwards as we seem to be now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

content removed by me (5teve) as it does nothing other than cause more problems & had other members names involved...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    And enough to get me a ban? I've said worse on Clio sport and been fine and they really are a bunch of fascists.
    thats a matter for a different site, though im happy to discuss it further but not here, when i was under fire here and that's getting posted up there, along with screenshots being used against me, my first response close the doors down for a while until everything calmed down. apologies if this was not your intention but thats how it came across, especially when it wasnt really a new thread or a discussion more a dig. no more needs to be said regarding it on this site as discussing issues between the sites really isnt good practice

Post Thanks / Like

Andy can't answer as to what the club needs as he doesn't have a clue, his goal is to have Daves helmet so deep up his arse King Arthur himself couldn't free it.

Why are these pr1cks even being humoured. All they are doing is stirring sh1t. We all know it.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Give them a refund and ask them to close the door on the way out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    Elect a new Chairman, someone with the time and motivation to manage the club, be proactive, reactive, innovative and responsive.
    The plan was to do away with the title of chairman or president as some people see it as their target. I feel we'd be better with a group of people sharing the work load.

There is a role for someone to join the dots at times and that has been missing. But no-one has offered up their services.

Generally people who have had some solid help to offer have been gratefully welcomed by the rest of the management team and started getting on with it.

Often a few weeks later they realised they had either not the time or not the motivation and left again.

redefine roles and redistribute workload according to availability and capability of resource, consulting with those resources in doing so. Roles with more than one volunteer can be elected by club vote if so desired.
    In a club this small with so little help that is meaningless. There are no roles with more than one volunteer!!! You can read but you appear to not comprehend. It seems like you memorised or cut and paste these definitions from a management text book.

You have made some mature posts lately. If you started and carried on that way things would have gone a lot better. The calendar thing was great. You do seem like you have some energy and might be able to be useful. I'm not sure anyone will want to work with you.

And to a lot on onlookers it really does appear that you just want what you perceive to be the top job for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

You have some gall. You really do. I wonder if you would be this brave in person. Unlikely.
    I was repeating to you what other people are saying. Not my feeling.

Your post looks like you are threatening me with violence.

Really, for a while I've been standing in the way of you being outright banned.

I'm no longer going to do that.

There are member complaints about you. Committee complaints about you. People leaving because of you. People asking why are we letting you carrying on like you are.

Post Thanks / Like

You have outright accused me of being this other bloke twice on an open forum.
    I have stated that. I did not mean I think you are someone called DaveL.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave... Ian... SHUT UP! NOW

this is going in bloody circles and is NOT HELPING, i know who both of you are and thats all that matters, and I love you both equally

right back to my sheep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    some suggestions on how we should start moving forward
    Giving the '3 Amigos' full access back would be a start.

I guess we'll never get 'that' decision explanation, so fine, let's let bygones be bygones, and get back on with the show.

Or is there still some axe to grind with us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

I guess we'll never get 'that' decision explanation, so fine, let's let bygones be bygones, and get back on with the show.

I personally don't know Mart. That would be for those who know the full details.
    Personally, like I said, from my point of view it looked a little knee-jerk with all that was going on, but then I may not know the full story ??? If there was more to it of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Why couldnt it be called the forum that doesnt display on the live board.

subtext : contentious issues are held in here. Enter at your own risk.

and just to be really , really arguementative , some members DO want to see that threads occupy the live feed
    Mainly because I didn't think of it

Scoff did look into that option of people selecting what they wanted in the live window but he hasn't time to pull that one off. Anyway, it maybe all change in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah.... your a shandy drinker in a foreign land

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    yeah.... your a shandy drinker in a foreign land

Btw, you moany Welsh barsteward I personally didn't see your post asking about the Sangliers hotel. If you didn't get a reply, which I guess you didn't, you should've dropped me an abusive text

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    A yes / no is meaningless.

Maybe as well start the 'drilling down' at the start.

Especially as we already know the final answer. The club has needed more help for a long time and has not been in receipt of it. The club does not need to get rid of anyone. It needs more people doing actual work.

People leave fast enough of their own accord as it is.
    I disagree.

If you start with a yes / no you have already asked a killer question.

Those with the No can drop out. For you can deal with them later.

Those on the yes side can now be queried.
    Last edited by andybond; 12-01-2014 at 00:00.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    Dave... Ian... SHUT UP! NOW
    Funny how the thread was OK before he showed up ain't it. You'll notice he particularly singled me out again as well, despite that car crash idiot being even more obnoxious than I....not to mention his fellow CM sweeping the evidence of his outright lies under the rug by editing my post.

I'm done with the arguments now anyway. I'll leave the self-pitying, bitter, defunct old man to his miserable life.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, can you think of anything you can offer the club as help ? Serious question, you are quite vocal, so lets try to put it to some good use maybe ?

If you see Moggy's thread it does pretty much sum things up, what has happened before & is happening now & some suggestions on how we should start moving forward, not backwards as we seem to be now.
    I have offered web services , offered to point people in the direction of RTOC.

I would be happy to liase with other groups.

On the sole proviso I was voted to do the job by the members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    Give them a refund and ask them to close the door on the way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Andy can't answer as to what the club needs as he doesn't have a clue, his goal is to have Daves helmet so deep up his arse King Arthur himself couldn't free it.

Why are these pr1cks even being humoured. All they are doing is stirring sh1t. We all know it.

Here comes captain and chaos.

Hold hands lads . Play nice.

Mr Car Crash , I trust one way we will meet. I hope so.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

some members DO want to see that threads occupy the live feed
    I've put a button at the top of the Live window to toggle between filtered and un-filtered

You will have to re-load the Live window to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    I've put a button at the top of the Live window to toggle between filtered and un-filtered

You will have to re-load the Live window to see it.
    Its wrong what they say about you Scoff.

I told them all the time.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

No politics here. I'm just doing what I think helps everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post

No politics here. I'm just doing what I think helps everyone.
    With genuine feeling , I think I am too.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we get an answer on this? Given that this section of the boards is now called "Beyond this gate there will be monsters, enter at your peril." I guess we wont and the axe's are sharpening up nicely.

Can i request a refund of 3/4 of my membership fee given that i'm not getting my moneys worth now.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a big division in this club at the moment. I am a member here and on the "forum that shan't be named". I am sick to death of all this bollocks every time I log in on here.

There are members on here which I don't particularly like, and vice versa but we make sure we steer clear and have minimal doings with each other.

This is going to sound a bit stupid, but if you don't like someone, just ignore them.

And if you really can't stand someone, PM them & arrange a place you can meet up and discuss face to face. If their opinion is different to yours, put your side over in a diplomatic way, thus engaging debate.

Wolves don't care about the opinions of sheep. Words to live by.

Post Thanks / Like

Enough of all this bullshit.

Rtoc are looking at this wrong.

Members took it upon them selfs to build a better forum.
    Rather than get all bitchy about it, what Rtoc should do is sit down and think why did they feel the need to make a better forum, what is Rtoc doing wrong to make members feel like that, what can Rtoc do different.

The way Rtoc is handling this, too me is very sad, Rtoc is a well known forum for many many years, so why be scared of a newly made forum with hardly any posts on it?

Maybe a bit of competition would be good for Rtoc to kick it up the arse and bring life back into it.

Post Thanks / Like

All this bollocks has nothing to do with the club its about the people in it.Anyone no longer interested in these cars needs to do one.These cars attract young,old,northerners and southerners.Basically people that are totally different from one another and under normal circumstances would never mix.Thats why the club and the people in it need to keep it about the cars and nothing else.If someone posts something and you can help,then reply even if you dont like that person.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    All this bollocks has nothing to do with the club its about the people in it.Anyone no longer interested in these cars needs to do one.These cars attract young,old,northerners and southerners.Basically people that are totally different from one another and under normal circumstances would never mix.Thats why the club and the people in it need to keep it about the cars and nothing else.If someone posts something and you can help,then reply even if you dont like that person.
    Exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    If someone posts something and you can help,then reply
    I would, but the '3 amigos' have been locked out of posting in the 'main forums' as well.

What with the lack of replies to our questions, I'm not sure what's trying to be achieved here?

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how the thread was OK before he showed up ain't it. You'll notice he particularly singled me out again as well, despite that car crash idiot being even more obnoxious than I....not to mention his fellow CM sweeping the evidence of his outright lies under the rug by editing my post.

I'm done with the arguments now anyway. I'll leave the self-pitying, bitter, defunct old man to his miserable life.
    I will answer this the open forum Dave as I have nothing to hide, please don't PM anymore.

I had to delete the whole thing as it not only had your point in it, being a screen grab (where did you get that BTW) it also had other members names in it, which quite frankly puts us 3 steps back rather than just fuelling the Dave vs Ian fires that you were trying to do.

I hope that answers your question. No sweeping up, hiding evidence etc. I was just doing what I thought best for the forum.

You have some followers, some haters, some that don't really care & are just fed up with all the sh1t stirring that you seem to do. As soon as Ian posted you jumped on him, he defends himself & it continues.... I'm fed up with it & I'm sure most of RTOC is, just leave it both of you.
    Personally I have got to the stage where if it were up to me, I'd just ban you, not because you have an opinion, but because you are plain annoying now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I will answer this the open forum Dave as I have nothing to hide, please don't PM anymore.

I had to delete the whole thing as it not only had your point in it, being a screen grab (where did you get that BTW) it also had other members names in it, which quite frankly puts us 3 steps back rather than just fuelling the Dave vs Ian fires that you were trying to do.

I hope that answers your question. No sweeping up, hiding evidence etc. I was just doing what I thought best for the forum.

You have some followers, some haters, some that don't really care & are just fed up with all the sh1t stirring that you seem to do. As soon as Ian posted you jumped on him, he defends himself & it continues.... I'm fed up with it & I'm sure most of RTOC is, just leave it both of you.
    Personally I have got to the stage where if it were up to me, I'd just ban you, not because you have an opinion, but because you are plain annoying now.
    Wow, you're as deluded as he is then...hairy muff. Duly noted.

Post Thanks / Like

not because you have an opinion, but because you are plain annoying now.
    Its not really full on bona fida genuine out of the ordinary reason for a ban thst Steve. Ban ricardo cos he has gone supercharged. Thats annoyed me. ( nowt personal ricardo ) . C'mon, thats just not a valid genuine reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not really full on bona fida genuine out of the ordinary reason for a ban thst Steve. Ban ricardo cos he has gone supercharged. Thats annoyed me. ( nowt personal ricardo ) . C'mon, thats just not a valid genuine reason.
    Andy, wind it in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy, wind it in.
    So, let me get this straight, I protest at being flamed by Ian due to a case of mistaken identity, he continues to rip me up and dirty my name on here, I protest, he continues, I protest more, he then denies he ever mistook me for someone else, I post evidence that that is an outright lie, then YOU cover it up AND then try and make us be quiet?

Jesus Christ. Morality or integrity are obviously not required to serve on the Committee After the treatment of Mart, Steve and Ady as well you should be utterly ashamed, all of you.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

After the treatment of Mart, Steve and Ady as well you should be utterly ashamed, all of you.
    At least they can still access the site Dave!

You're a moderator on that board, so what does that say for your morality and integrity? Have you complained about unfair treatment on there?

Pot & kettle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post

You're a moderator on that board, so what does that say for your morality and integrity? Have you complained about unfair treatment on there?

Pot & kettle
    You had your access back days ago, if you tried logging on before running your mouth you would know that

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

You had your access back days ago, if you tried logging on before running your mouth you would know that
    Seeing as we had no place to discuss that, it's a little hard to know wouldn't you say?

And as it turns out you're wrong. Perhaps if you'd have checked before running your mouth you'd have noticed still banned

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as we had no place to discuss that, it's a little hard to know wouldn't you say?

And as it turns out you're wrong. Still banned
    In fairness I have no place to discuss my issue, I get no response.

For the other comment then I do apologise, I lifted the ban late on the 10th or so I thought. I will look into it when I can get to a PC. Again apologies if I am in the wrong.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Again apologies if I am in the wrong.
    Accepted and thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

So, let me get this straight, I protest at being flamed by Ian due to a case of mistaken identity, he continues to rip me up and dirty my name on here, I protest, he continues, I protest more, he then denies he ever mistook me for someone else, I post evidence that that is an outright lie, then YOU cover it up AND then try and make us be quiet?

Jesus Christ. Morality or integrity are obviously not required to serve on the Committee After the treatment of Mart, Steve and Ady as well you should be utterly ashamed, all of you.
    You are both as bad as each other now.

I already stated that I felt there was probably a knee-jerk reaction over Steve, Mart & Adey, I can't see the CM boards so can't say anything more on that.

I covered nothing up, if it just involved you & Ian I would have left the post, I couldn't edit it as it was a screen shot & had other members names in it that I thought would just drag more crap up again, as I stated previous, so no hiding anything. I have deleted nothing else of yours.
    My personal feelings toward you are that I feel you should be banned, if Andy carries on, the same for him, maybe not permanent but a ban all the same till the site starts to move forward, which it can't with you two piping up all the time.
    I think we need to move forward with some of the suggestions from members in Moggys thread, you just keep taking us back & will always do that all the time Ian is here, newsflash, I doubt Ian will be going anywhere, he has done & still does more than you know to keep RTOC running, I very much doubt anyone else, save Scoff, would put in as much free time just to keep a car club running over the last 10 or more years, especially with the amount of crap they get for doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Only a couple of sections, but, granted, it's not an out-right ban.

As I posted before though, I'm failing to see why this was implemented in the first place, and what it's now trying to achieve?

[/scratched record]

Post Thanks / Like

with the amount of crap they get for doing it.
    Steve , I haven't give Ian crap. I have tried to help with some bits and feedback on others.

I think its a fair thing if I said that Ian and myself aren't going to see eye to eye on things and leave it at that. I think that's fair Ian ?

Ill sit back , and be ready and waiting to help if needed. If not I know of a few plans that are going to happen and I am excited to see how they pan out.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Why has Dave been Banned then Committee??

Who of the 3 Amigo's will be next..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure we can guess, you aren't a daft lad Steve.
    I'm also sure the committee will post up, not that they have to give a reason at all to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    I am sick to death of all this bollocks every time I log in on here.
    You, me, the committee and 95% of the members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    You, me, the committee and 95% of the members.
    I'm sick of it too

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to move forward with some of the suggestions from members in Moggys thread...
    Oh my, quelle surprise! Someone noticed that thread exists then. For so many to profess
    their tiredness of all the negativity, it seems that people still prefer to head for this thread
    instead.

I had put some thought into what I posted there. My hope being that peeps might pick
    it up and run with it - bouncing some positive ideas about which perhaps we can live with.
    No such luck...

I'll leave you guys to your "Acrimonious whinging" - it's so clearly in vogue here

Regards,
    Steve