Post Thanks / Like

Sangliers 2014 - ND Conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    The FSC can't change it's date. Can Sangliers change theirs
    sangliers is set by zenon and the frenchies ian and probably cant be changed ill be at sangliers im afraid

Post Thanks / Like
    dont worry guys we can do a javelin in july for those that are at sangliers and others that want to come i had a good feeling mart wouldnt be happy but as he says big steve posted the sangliers date when we got back from last sangliers

Quote Originally Posted by turbo ted View Post
    yes it will be a longer trip as of last Friday we have sold our place in London so by 2014 from Ireland rosslare to Cherbourg port in france to sangliers event.
    great news mate youll be back in the home country but i still want to see the black beast @ pod next year

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    That doesn't help those who have already booked their EuroTunnel/Ferry crossings, and hotel rooms though...
    indeed also the frenchies love to come to the nd but they will all be @ sangliers
    Last edited by R5MJH; 02-12-2013 at 09:40.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival 2014

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    this is correct when i was trying to get info for the original nd14 in july they mainly stated this except richard @ blyton

i also dont see why the frenchies should move sangliers there was a years notice for us all
    lets hope FCS and the Frenchies can coordinate for 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Yes, this. I log on after a couple months away and this is the feeling I get after reading only a few of the recent threads. Sort it out lads, it's not the playground.

I'll give FCS a try this year, its great to hear its matured
    That's exactly what I'm doing, I'm hoping it has changed mind you. I did Sangliers this year which was fantastic and if possible not to be missed. The French, Belgium and help from within this club when organising and advising on that event was fantastic. Coupled with some of the best scenery, beer and engineering you're likely to see / consume, it really is a trip worth doing.

That said, I did that this year, I had already said I wasn't doing Sangliers next year due to personal reasons but I hope to be back there in 2015. As for this year FCS for me.

I second the notion of all the bitching stopping on here. It's really not necessary and is not found in other clubs that I'm involved with, it really does spoil the RTOC.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen over the last 2 years is that Sangliers is an event broadcast like nearly a year in advance and open to all, certainly not kept behind closed doors for the click. As alwas it just happens to be the (the majority of attendees) be the same people making the effort to go.

The date for Sangliers 14 was released months ago giving people the opportunity to make plans and book in advance. Its just so unfortunate now that the date clashes with another big event which in some respects is now forcing people to have to make a decision. I don't see anyone twisting anyones arms to 'boycott' ND and head in droves to Sangliers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    From what I've seen over the last 2 years is that Sangliers is an event broadcast like nearly a year in advance and open to all, certainly not kept behind closed doors for the click. As alwas it just happens to be the (the majority of attendees) be the same people making the effort to go.
    This isn't the impression I got from looking at the RTOC boards a few months ago after returning to the club and not knowing what Sangliers was.
    I took it to be a trip like you guys used to do to Spa.

I think this event could do with a bit more explanation and explicit organisation to the wider club.

Post Thanks / Like

Sangliers 2014 - ND Conflict

Just pulled a bunch of posts out of the ND thread, creating this topic as a new home for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    This isn't the impression I got from looking at the RTOC boards a few months ago after returning to the club and not knowing what Sangliers was.
    I took it to be a trip u guys used to do to Spa.

I think this event could do with a bit more explanation and explicit organisation to the wider club.

Sangliers is the name of a French car club devoted to any Renault Turbo much like RTOC.
    The gathering they have every year that we attend is their national day. We meet up with them in Belgium people come from as far as Poland. It really is a good crack. Must be over 100 cars all turbo'd Renault's it's nice to look at what others have done with their cars.
    We meet up go for a drive (varied speed groups) they lay on dinner fir us go for another drive evening meal usually a hog roast and beer.