Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Renault Turbo UK Festival 2014* in conjunction with French Car Show 6th-8th June

Why didn't you say you plum?? I am heading down on the Friday and I am 6 miles from you. Me, my nephew and my friend are going in the 5 turbo and a civic type r. More than enough room for you to join us.

Cancel the corsa and come with us mate. Plus if the 5 breaks on the way you can help fix it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Renault Turbo UK Festival 2014* in conjunction with French Car Show 6th-8th June

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Seriously, you hired a car just to come down?

Wasn't there a possibility of joining someone else or loaning a car?
    It's not that much of a silly idea

If I went in the family car it would probably cost about £20 more in fuel than the corsa, the hire was only £50 and this way my missus can still use the family car for school runs and use it over the weekend. So for £30 I don't think it's that bad

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    Why didn't you say you plum?? I am heading down on the Friday and I am 6 miles from you. Me, my nephew and my friend are going in the 5 turbo and a civic type r. More than enough room for you to join us.

Cancel the corsa and come with us mate. Plus if the 5 breaks on the way you can help fix it
    Now that's very kind off you Liam. Only problem is my other half has something planned for Sunday afternoon so I wasn't going too stay on the Sunday. Be good to meet you though.

Post Thanks / Like

plus your not tied to anyone.you can leave when you want. BUT A CORSA!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, not a bad idea at all! Just shows dedication, also didn't the price was so friendly!

Weather is looking worse by the day

Post Thanks / Like

weathers not to bad. could be worse lol

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Received this from Mark Dow:

Tickets available on the gate

Good evening

That's advanced tickets now sold and its been a bumper year. 1050 cars booked in, 60+ car clubs, 50+ cars from mainland Europe and 15% rise in advance sales

Fear not if you have left it too late

Tickets available on the gate

Saturday £20 per adult

Sunday £10 per adult

Weekender with camping £40

Club stand passes. If a club has space you are permitted to collect a stand pass from the Performance French Cars magazine stand.

Opening times

Friday Gates open at 6pm

Saturday gates open at 7.30am

Sunday gates open at 10am

Don't forget subscribe or renew your Performance French Cars Magazine subscription and get a mega gift pack worth £80. Not bad for £20 cost. First 100.

PS spare parade lap Forms available Sunday on the PFC magazine stand.

Thanks and enjoy

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

It's coming closer, looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like

Got my ticket delivered today at work which made a shitty day at Go Outdoors a whole lot better.Thanks to RTOC for the ticket discount and I have a hotel booked.The only downside to the trip is I'm heading down in a Honda Civic by myself as my car wont be finished until next year plus my girlfriend and friends are all busy.I have arranged to meet a guy a bought my gearbox off at the show though and I'm sure it will be good meeting everyone.

Lets hope this weather isn't as shocking as predicted.See you at the show

Luke

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to it lads! Got pretty much everything packed, only need to wash the car and go grocery shopping...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

lol tool kits and beer! perfect

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Looking forward to it lads! Got pretty much everything packed, only need to wash the car and go grocery shopping...
    lol GROCERY shopping don't you mean Beer shopping

Post Thanks / Like

any news?? its very quiet, typical the weather was ok after 10 am in brighton not sure about Swindon but Ill be there for 10am sunday now to get loads of footage

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome weekend

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

As above but x2

Had an absolute blast this weekend.
    Great company
    Great cars
    Fun on track
    Bought a car.

What more could you ask for? Even the weather was kind to us. Apologies again to Jesus for my lack of concentration on track

Roll on 'retro show' at the pod now

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

So who won the ruck with the Turboreno boys then?

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good weekend broke down on the way there but the rtoc people and spirit was fantastic and they stayed till we were running again. Thanks to everyone who stayed and chatted while we waited. Also a thanks to tnt Andy who ran to vw to find the new parts. Bloody vw gear linkage which joins the cable to the box broke. Got one Saturday morning from Swindon so all's good. Few issues with the car with the new box but will be sorted soon.

Now photos from the weekend

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    So who won the ruck with the Turboreno boys then?
    Who are they?

In fairness they had a nice little stand going on and were the gentlemen I always expected them to be. I don't think there are any real bad feelings toward each other's camp especially not from my point of view. Was nice seeing mr bond again and having a chat with Nick K. Both great blokes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    Who are they?

In fairness they had a nice little stand going on and were the gentlemen I always expected them to be. I don't think there are any real bad feelings toward each other's camp especially not from my point of view. Was nice seeing mr bond again and having a chat with Nick K. Both great blokes.
    Good to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from sunday only day, not great really as I thought there was more track action, not to be, but great to see still some great people, most had gone by the time we arrived, but from what I heard it was great if you were camping and
    then track/camping Saturday, home sunday.

the atmosphere was awesome apparently on these days/nights, but the weather put us off Saturday typically it was ok after midday

never mind pod next that's going to be epic

Post Thanks / Like

Better than blyton? Yer I said it

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't fault this weekend.Good to catch up with old mates and meet some new ones. The track is awesome and by the time we went out it was sunny and bone dry. Gutted I can't be at the retro show.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great weekend lads. gutted to have missed it

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

It was real nice meeting you luke and I was very impressed with the pace of your cup car.
    Did you figure out the braking issue?

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

i had a great time, especially at night in the campsite.good to catch-up with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to meet you to Ross. Not quite sure what happened they got seriously hot tho.Will have to have them off and have a look.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great weekend lads. gutted to have missed it

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic weekend. A little tired today though. Nice to see a good turn out. Pleased the weather came right.

Thanks
    Last edited by phase i 16 v turbo; 09-06-2014 at 10:57.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great event, and big thanks to all those who turned up to support RTOC, few things need to be planned better but this can all be sorted by next year if we decide to go back to FCS which I can not see an issue with. Mark sorted out a great spot for us and our cars got a lot of attention

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a great weekend and really enjoyed it. As mentioned, we had a cracking spot at the show!

My only criticism, when I turned up for camping, I had no idea where the rtoc lot were. So maybe a banner or a flag or something would of helped possibly as I ended up camping on my own haha. ( well with a friend and my lad)

Also a way of identifying who was who. It was at times a little awkward keep saying ' and who are you?' This may attract more members to attend and make them feel less isolated.

I must be honest, I spoke to people and still have no idea who they actually were

But overall I really enjoyed my first national day, just a little tweaking is needed.

Also thanks to mike for helping me out with a part for my 5! Thank you muchly!

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The camping section was something which we did discuss plus maybe somebody pointing to where the RTOC lot were parked on display.

Camping we were right at the end before went into the big carpark. But was rather a free for all for spaces for Tents / Caravans. Couldn't miss the Tesco value gazebo

Post Thanks / Like

Next year we can organise the flags gazebo and banners to be with a few people going. The banners are in good hands now and we can get them to events easily. Going to do a committee thread with what we have ie banners tables gazebos etc and then organise them properly for events.

Agreed with the camping comments I broke down on the way and we had everyone in the convoy who waited till I was running again which ment we were late to the camp site and had to park the cars miles away from were we camped. We needed a spot like the 306oc who had their area all cordoned off which was good. So next year a little tweeting and it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finally home! Had a lovely weekend with all of you lads, it was really great fun!
    Shame you went to bed so early on the saturday though!

I'll do a bigger write-up later on when i feel like it

Btw, all cars have held up perfectly

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great weekend too!
    Car drove fine, had some great laps on track and a new nick name plus lots of fun with everyone I met!

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, the 9 returned 32mpg on the way back, JK's Twingo 41mpg and Evel Jesus's 5 only returned 22,5mpg

Post Thanks / Like

It was good to meet evil Jesus and jesus's dad this weekend. Hopefully someone will put a picture up.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go:

Also a nice pic of the dutch boys near Romil's place:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/robbo2g/media/IMG_2311_zps4713de7e.jpg.html][/URL]

Was an ace show and great to meet a few members

Post Thanks / Like

Looked a great day!! Some great pics

Shame I was unable to attend this year

DG