Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Megane 1.9 dci air con fault

I wonder if anyone can help.

When the aircon is switched on the compressor fails to kick in and therefore no cold air. The light on the button comes on. I had it regarded thinking that would solve the issue but sadly not. I took it to Kwikfit.

Any pointers on what to check first? I can't find any fuse for it. Pressure switch?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megane 1.9 dci air con fault

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help.

When the aircon is switched on the compressor fails to kick in and therefore no cold air. The light on the button comes on. I had it regarded thinking that would solve the issue but sadly not. I took it to Kwikfit.

Any pointers on what to check first? I can't find any fuse for it. Pressure switch?
    Don't use kwik fit mate, they're beyond useless.

Renault's always have pressure switch faults. The systems on renaults are Shiite. PM me if u get any more trouble

Post Thanks / Like

I did think that at the time! What Kwikfit did was fill the system, switch the AC on and it never kicked in. I believe they then sucked the gas back out.

O.k. possibly a pressure switch fault, they seem quite pricey. Can you recommend a place to have it tested? Renault possibly? Ideally I don't want to shell out for expensive parts if I'm not sure.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did think that at the time! What Kwikfit did was fill the system, switch the AC on and it never kicked in. I believe they then sucked the gas back out.

O.k. possibly a pressure switch fault, they seem quite pricey. Can you recommend a place to have it tested? Renault possibly? Ideally I don't want to shell out for expensive parts if I'm not sure.

Why did they take it bk out? Basically if your a/c system has a high pressure and a low pressure switch. More than likely the H.P being a renault mate, where ru based?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think they sucked it all back out. They didn't charge me for it.

I did have a sniff round a while ago and managed to find the pressure switch (well hidden!) I'm on the Wirral.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think they sucked it all back out. They didn't charge me for it.

I did have a sniff round a while ago and managed to find the pressure switch (well hidden!) I'm on the Wirral.

It won't work without refrigerant in mate, get someone to charge your system and test your hp and Lp switch. Check the plugs on the hp switch, not uncommon for them to fall out

Post Thanks / Like

What if I were to bridge the wires on the switch to test the compressor? Temporarily of course.

I *think* it only has 1 switch. The switch that I looked it (kind of hard to properly see without removing part of the bumper) looked like the contacts were in place. I'll check again though

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What if I were to bridge the wires on the switch to test the compressor? Temporarily of course.

I *think* it only has 1 switch. The switch that I looked it (kind of hard to properly see without removing part of the bumper) looked like the contacts were in place. I'll check again though
    It'll be ok temporarily test it. But from memory it's three wires.