Post Thanks / Like

Dj's s14a project number 2 (insert funky project name here when im not so tired)

Well , a little over a year ago i wanted to learn to drift.. so i did and fortunately landed on a very cheap s14a, mechanically it was fantastic, however before even buying it i knew it was a rust bucket, unfortunately even this one had to much rust for me to save.. (see project here)

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...14a-motor.html

A year later ive got the drift bug pretty badly, so therefore the hunt went on for another drift car to continue my learning.. Fortunately i managed to come to a deal with a friend (james), and purchased his shell/engine combo , heres photos of how it looked before, a few may remember it.

and here it is coming home with me

I got to work..
    First major is job is to make it.. you ready 'more every day friendly'

currently is has no heater martix, and the centre consoles mostly been blanked etc with gauges.. now i love my drifting, but i also love a bit of heat and tunage which means first job was to pull the dash and begin rebuilding, fortunately james wasnt a hacker and it all looks pretty easy to refit.

Whilst at it i whipped off the drivers wing, made a few cuts and relocated the loom entirely out of the drivers side wheel arch to avoid ever having wiring issues in there with tyres ripped through.

picked up some side marker/indicators aswell from sxoc to fill these 2 holes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dj's s14a project number 2 (insert funky project name here when im not so tired)

bit of an update
    stripped down the last car

We got the dash all mounted up

Relocated the loom entirely out of the inner arch, welded up the hole and ran it over the top.

got a few gay bits

Purchased a z32, nismos 555s, and a gt2871r hdev manifold

fitted in the cage

my other french project arrived back on my drive to finish 205 gti6

Got a rear bumper

fitted superclarkey knuckles , but still gota modify steering arms and a few other bits

went to anglesey (drift matsuri) in a 4 door skyline and had a cracking time

Fitted new clutch line

fitted hsd mono pros

My friend came down and helped me tub the rear arches

put my old engine in this shell and fitted everything back up

gota spoiler from mitch/sam holt

Probably a few few other bits but im struggling to remember

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dj's s14a project number 2 (insert funky project name here when im not so tired)

Few more bits

Modified my subframe

Mitch and drift garage made me some extended lower arms and longer machined tie rods and i fitted new ball joints.

Ball joints supplied by Lammy426 above or email lammy426@sky.com

rear subframe with lots of driftworks adjustable goodness, i replaced the poly bushes with solid ones as an afterthought as i dont really want to be having to drop the rear subframe for a while

i wired up my z32 and made a bracket up to hold it secure

and on went the overfenders

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good!!!

Cant wait at some point to free up some time and funds for the track beast. Im going to run the oem turbo for now but certainly want to run a safe 270ish

Will prob give the engine a refresh also more due to leaks than anything else

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Duncan.. them oil pump cover things always leak... always always ...

lots of stuff happened..

Aline for alignment

Mot yada yada

ROAD LEGAL>>. yeaaaaaaa baby! .

Auto extreme supplied me some rear spacers
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98...psbb1c170d.jpg

had to cut a bit out

Popped to Drift Garage

Then the all important.. got down to pod to see if it skidded well and more so to have a well needed laugh with friends.

It did.... few issues.. coilovers came loose, steering uj came loose... some over centering issues, and just on the last run a boost hose split.

a video chasing joyce as he smoked it up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3A6D1xWOw

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great day out!

Got a half day drifting tuition day for my birthday and is in the 200sx and really looking forward to it.

not so sure she will want a drift car on the drive mind lol

Yep seem to have some oil leak woes but also want to relocate the oil filter and do a few more little cheap things

DG

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this build and great vid

Post Thanks / Like

Love it dj! Always wanted to have a go at drifting myself, not sure if there's any places up north! That I cud go give it a try?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andyturbo! View Post
    Love it dj! Always wanted to have a go at drifting myself, not sure if there's any places up north! That I cud go give it a try?
    Most of them try doing it in sainsburys car park by me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Most of them try doing it in sainsburys car park by me
    Haha nah was thinking something more organised! Lol

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Elvington andy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    Maybe Elvington andy?
    Elvington cud be a possibility lee. I'll look into that see if they do tuition days or something, I know they only have a certain amount of days a year there allowed noisey motorsports events but will check them out

Post Thanks / Like

nice vid, whats was the car in front? man he was really giving it some...nice drifting

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks.. Up north you have driftland in scotland,.. teeside circuit... ermm sure theres some more aswell buddy.

The car in fronts my friends s14 , another video of his car here from a wet day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Z-ONtOTTc

On a side note duncan , watch driftworks for cheapo parts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Thanks folks.. Up north you have driftland in scotland,.. teeside circuit... ermm sure theres some more aswell buddy.

The car in fronts my friends s14 , another video of his car here from a wet day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Z-ONtOTTc

On a side note duncan , watch driftworks for cheapo parts
    nice vid dj i was wondering where ken block learned it from pmsl
    car sounds sweet too, good work sir

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for the heads up, tend to keep an eye on the 200sx club for parts when feeling flush but most bits I will need are custom due to engine bay size and car layout

Will prob give you a shout next year for some advice when pulling the engine out. Sure you know a lot more about the sr20det lump and what is worth touching and not than me now

For the next year or so don't plan on running more than 270-290 and just get the car out a lot more on track and be reliable. A lot to learn with tje car and getting the most out of it

DG

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all Duncan, Theres a lot to be said for unopened untampered engines i think, im still on my first engine touchwood and its took complete death from the day i got it, completely amazing really, Ive just ran ole cheapo semi, with oil and filter after every drift day (costs me about £15 per oil chance). The cam spray bars i hear can become blocked so give them a clean every so often with petrol, but yea so far unopened engine

Post Thanks / Like

so chop chop, thats now gonna be extended

sorry this projects a bit all over the place, just i struggle for time to update

however
    Prior to all the stuff chidleys put above we went to snetterton drifting .Half way through the day i hit the grass and hit the tyre wall side ways on. pics

went back out after we made the steering arm straight ish.. however it wouldnt self centre in one direction

This in turn had bent my rack

whilst i had to swap the rack i decided to make a new subframe to hopefully counter my over centering issues

also decided to top mount, will see if this cracks , i expect it will

despite the kit was meant to fit an s14 downpipe... well it didnt

rather than cutting up the japspeed i had a go at welding (im no welder) my spare s14a downpipe to fit

it worked

whilst i was feeling confident ish with the welder i made my oil return

also went to play with fire extinguishers with some friends (me in middle)

and stumbled across a couple of photos from teeside

Post Thanks / Like

went to teeside for the easter drift weekend.

Day started off by a text from mr chidley.. read somthing along the lines of .. no chance of teeside wheel sheered off going to work... me and a friend went up with some spares.. fixed it.. and later that day ventured to teeside.

Drove there

found the local pub

went to sleep in the car... mmm comfy

then woke up and went and had fun

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality pics looks a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

terrible at these updates but heres a bit

made some metal/vented/fibreglass wings

gave my passengers a fighting chance of staying in the seat

stuck the car in high build ready to at some point paint the damn thing

and went to teeside to have a play

terrible pre drift selfie

Post Thanks / Like

Update as i rarely do

well my mum went away for 2 days.. so i robbed her garage , setup the compressor and finally got some paint on this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfEO...ature=youtu.be

Also managed to bag me a yashio factory temp gauge , win win ..

and went drifting at teesside with friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to drift matsuri 2014 which was amazing!.. drifted all saturday didnt miss a beat loved it.

20 mins driving home and the driveshaft crapped itself.. whipped it out, refitted the outa cup and drove it home.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate that looks so f'ing cool. Really need to get myself another skidder

Post Thanks / Like

Cheeers mate , do really enjoy the car to be honest, so much ive landed a deposit on a nice s13 shell to build up at some point aswell

Post Thanks / Like

Loving this mate and cool paint job, keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like

cheers dude, was somthing a bit fun, its nice to go a little half arsed with teh paint for once haha