Post Thanks / Like

help required

Hi all,

Need a bit of help, have put a deposit down on an engine on here from jose, and i hope if he is genuine he won't mind me putting this thread up.

I'm having worries about the engine, that could be unreasonable. He's after 650 pounds for the engine but we were unable to do a compression test as the engine and he keeps telling me that if I want any extra power over standard that i would need to change the head gasket, which makes me worry about the state of the head gasket.

here is the original ad;

B18FT turbo complete engine including gear box, ecu, and wiring, all wiring is marked up to connect to a renaut 5 gt turbo
    Have also a stainless steel tubular manifold made specially from Belgium includes T34.48 spec with a 360 degree bearing
    Ecu has been de-restricted and brought by EFI-Parts
    I'm not sure on how much to sell the whole lot for so would be open to offers but no stupid offers or time wasters as it has costed me alot money to have

my question is it still worth the money even though i cannot test the condition of the engine? i have been up to see him, and he seems like a genuine guy, plus there is everything there to complete the conversion minus an actuator on the turbo.

I know he hasn't had many posts but has anyone had any dealings with him?

Im only after some advice as its a lot of money to gamble with.

p.s. if anyone thinks this thread is not very appropriate please pm me and ill take it down.

many thanks guys.
    Last edited by Benjibrady; 23-08-2013 at 15:47.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help required

If you're getting a decent turbo with a tubular mani as well that's not a bad price. I wouldn't bother with the standard managment as when you need to fit bigger injectors you have to bypass the maf to trick the ecu and it all gets a bit vauge. If you're using a turbo that big imo you need standalone.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what sort of answer you're after .
    If the sum of the parts are worth what he is asking then it's up to you ..no one here can give any worthwhile advice apart from that .
    If the engine can't be seen running then it's always a gamble and that doesn't mean the seller is ' dodgy' It could quite easily go bang on him or you and then who is at fault ......
    Comp test should not be an issue though ,just bolt a bellhousing and starter on to it and spin over ,well worth the hassle if you have any concerns .

Post Thanks / Like

we did try to get the engine to turn over, the starter motor turned but wouldn't engage to turn the engine over, he said that it was due to not having an ecu plugged in. Turned it by hand and it turned freely.

Post Thanks / Like

Ecu has nothing to do with starter. Are you sure you were trying a b18ft starter and not a c1j starter as they are different (different number of teeth)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    Ecu has nothing to do with starter. Are you sure you were trying a b18ft starter and not a c1j starter as they are different (different number of teeth)
    It was the starter that was already on the engine. Couldn't tell if you if it was the correct one. Flywheel didn't turn :\