Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: eBay and tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    You haven't experienced the tyres that I've got. Which coincidentally are from the same batch as the ones Jon has sold. I would not like to drive them to the shops. They are rock solid - You can barely move the rubber tread around at all, and you can't make the slightest of indents with a thumb nail. They might come to life a bit after a heat cycle or two, who knows?

I wish I had a car that I could fit them to now to try out (in a quiet place), just out of curiosity
    The point I was making was that I actually found out that mine were ok. You're yet to try yours. So I may have been in a better position on the subject. Neither of us have used Jon's though, so the bottom line is that we can only suppose from our respective armchairs.

Gee some people are anal, glad I'm not like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Cool. Was that in the last hour JRP?

raidergtt having serious issues - that's moot. Much better arguing about tyres that you've already sold

Do you know what the buyer intends to do with them?
    I suspect store then for a show car as I know he is a very well regarded member and true gentleman

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Another email from him.

Well i know you are talking ****! I think you need to look up! I used to work for renault when theses were made kid o they were standard on all renault 5 gt turbo as road cars inc the raider 5 gt turbo if you think you know it all i have had renault 5 gt turbos for over 15 years now they were also on cup cars yes they road not track tyres
    or can be for concours cars only due to they stopped being sold 8yrs ago now from brand new and changed them to p6000 tyres ok know it all!

- raider_gtt

What a horrible person
    You should have said that he is wrong about the tyres are that they are limited edition ones so a totally different tyre all together. Tell him that you have a piece of paper to prove it but no one is allowed to see it.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the softer 'Coupe' tyres go off and the harder road tyres last for two decades?