Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

No tax and been issued with a warning notice :(

Mornin! Just got back from my Christmas hols in the north to find one a pesky yellow sticker on my car! It says 'Warning Notice - Vehicle Excise Duty'. It then goes on about a maximum of a £1000 fine, plus back duty. Think it ran out 30/11/08.

To be fair, its on my dodgy Rover 620 turbo... which does have no tax...!!! I stuck it on the street whilst I was away so I could stuff the 5 in my parking space to keep it all nice, safe and warm whilst I wasn't here.

Now I'm a bit stuck. Its also got no MOT or Insurance (fair cop gov, I know...! ) It might scrape through an MOT, but it needs 2 tyres really say £100 for a pair of crappers, and insurance is like £350. Plus the turbo's smoking and the paintwork aint the best...!

With an MOT the thing's worth like £3-400 if I'm lucky. What do I do?! Will I actually get a fine? Will they tow it if I don't pay (cheaper option!) Anyone want it?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No tax and been issued with a warning notice :(

if the sticker is from the police you'l just get a fine,if it's from the local council then they defo will come & remove it,but they must put a sticker on it saying how many day's you have.

personally i'd whack it on the bay as it is & hope to get £200,or sell for parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dave View Post
    Mornin! Just got back from my Christmas hols in the north to find one a pesky yellow sticker on my car! It says 'Warning Notice - Vehicle Excise Duty'. It then goes on about a maximum of a £1000 fine, plus back duty. Think it ran out 30/11/08.

To be fair, its on my dodgy Rover 620 turbo... which does have no tax...!!! I stuck it on the street whilst I was away so I could stuff the 5 in my parking space to keep it all nice, safe and warm whilst I wasn't here.

Now I'm a bit stuck. Its also got no MOT or Insurance (fair cop gov, I know...! ) It might scrape through an MOT, but it needs 2 tyres really say £100 for a pair of crappers, and insurance is like £350. Plus the turbo's smoking and the paintwork aint the best...!

With an MOT the thing's worth like £3-400 if I'm lucky. What do I do?! Will I actually get a fine? Will they tow it if I don't pay (cheaper option!) Anyone want it?!!

sounds like a traffic warden has been sniffing around and whacked a ticket on yer motor . more than likely get the tax back dated to when it ran out . if it ran out on the 30/11/08 that is when you will have to pay back tax from . unless you go to court and can prove that the car hasn't been used or kept on a public highway . which you can't . cause you have had a ticket .

so best just accept the fine . sell the car to make some money back . but without mot it ain't worth much . only scrap value . which is about £50 - £60 at present .

put it on ebay . somebody will buy it . being a 620 turbo . it is a pretty quick car .

good luck

ps you said anyone want it . IF ITS FREE I WILL TAKE IT .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bones660 View Post
    sounds like a traffic warden has been sniffing around and whacked a ticket on yer motor . more than likely get the tax back dated to when it ran out . if it ran out on the 30/11/08 that is when you will have to pay back tax from . unless you go to court and can prove that the car hasn't been used or kept on a public highway . which you can't . cause you have had a ticket .

so best just accept the fine . sell the car to make some money back . but without mot it ain't worth much . only scrap value . which is about £50 - £60 at present .

put it on ebay . somebody will buy it . being a 620 turbo . it is a pretty quick car .

good luck

ps you said anyone want it . IF ITS FREE I WILL TAKE IT .

Cheers guys, I can handle the back-dated tax, hope thats all I get Damn its cold outside! I've shifted the 5 from the drive and the Rover battery is on charge! ebay this aft

Best go sniff out a SORN declaration form too eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dave View Post
    Cheers guys, I can handle the back-dated tax, hope thats all I get Damn its cold outside! I've shifted the 5 from the drive and the Rover battery is on charge! ebay this aft

Best go sniff out a SORN declaration form too eh?
    you can sorn it on line mate . just go to the dvla web site .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bones660 View Post
    you can sorn it on line mate . just go to the dvla web site .
    Aye, here's the link to do so

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022058

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get a £60 fine ......
    I had this happen when we first moved up here .Left the Mondeo on the road due to lack of space for a couple of days, untaxed but with MOT and insurance .Some kind new neighbour must have informed the DVLA as it was still registered in Leicester and I had a knock on the door from a DVLA official ,not a traffic warden

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers guys, washed, vaccumed, pictures taken, SORN'd and now off the road!

Just need to write the ebay add! Oh, and fit a new clutch slave cylinder...!

Honorary Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Does it say CLE 2/6 on the top of the yellow form ? Police and Council now have authority to remove untaxed vehicles from the street on behalf of the DVLA, they can remove them for no tax or if they just look like a wreck and have been sat for a while they'll remove under the cleaner neighbourhood act.

Usually the fine is to pay the back dated tax, however if left out on the road, its likely to be removed, then you'd have to pay recovery fees and backdated tax.

Moving it off the road was the best move