Post Thanks / Like

remote central locking plipper problem

My central locking works off the interior switch, so I bought a plipper and matched receiver off mike. Plugged in receiver - and all was working off the remote, tried it about 10 times, all fine. Monday I took my car for mot and went to lock it on remote - nothing. Its stopped working, batteries where abit low so put in 2 new ones, still doesn't work. Works off the interior switch though.

Iv checked it hasn't come unplugged, led on remote lights up. Anyone got any info? Can these just go out of sync?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: remote central locking plipper problem

No they are fix code, Should have 3 batteries in the remote if its the OE 5 one, battery code is a LR54, 3 in line give you 4.5v

Post Thanks / Like

its not a r5 remote, its from a 21 or something, it had 2 batteries in cr2016

just stange plugged it in the other week, worked fine. Got car out this week, doesnt work

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick k View Post
    No they are fix code, Should have 3 batteries in the remote if its the OE 5 one, battery code is a LR54, 3 in line give you 4.5v
    It was the later generation / replacement Renault did but 100% compatible with the R5 GT Turbo. Happy to test it if you pop it back.

Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like

cheers mike - like said in message il try and trave wiring and check with a local members first to see if its my car or the remote. I think it might be the car maybe as like said already, plugged it in the other week and it worked spot on

If any local members are around with central locking on remote and receivor let me know as i could drop in and plug in as a test