Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

pug 106 torsion bar

m8 wants his lowered when i took the t40s out to get to the retaining washer(the ofset washer)some butcher has tried before to get the washers out and made a mess of them they must of been really tight can you buy these washers?? or do they need to go back in?? whats the best way of gettiing them out with out damaging them cheeers guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pug 106 torsion bar

Its always a pain to get the washers out, patience is the key.

I think you can buy the offset washers separately. Its essential they go back in as its only them & the bolts/arb that hold the torsion bars & arms on. They need to be the correct washers as they locate into the slot to hold the lot together, really crude way compared to the renault beams!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

yee did think that to be honest are they main dealer part only?i no ye tell me about it my m8 was amazed at how quickly you can lower a 5!bad design in my opion!

Post Thanks / Like

They are a right pain to do those torsion bars especially getting the bolts or washers out, i've told myself never to do another Peugeot or Citreon torsion bar again as i hate doing them.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am not looking forward to it at all looks like a nightmare! any tips/advice to releasing the washers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Flat ended screwdriver in the hole, wiggle it until it comes out, requires patience!

Ive lowered loads of these, 2hr ish job if all bolts/torsion bars come out ok, budget longer if everything is seized.