Post Thanks / Like

anyone tried these

I have an annoying leaking gasket ticking noise from between the manifold and the turbo from cold but now it does it all the time I dont have any gaskets fitted at the moment as it was worse with the flat pressed steel type gasket so just left them out. looks like the mating face on the ****e big jim manifold isnt flat so need something to take the warp out, was looking at these,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T25-T28-Tu...item20ca6e39fc

anyone tried them?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone tried these

Gary, I've never had much luck with sealing manifold to turbo and turbo to elbow, I've done stainless, I've done it without and used paste. Leaked either way many many times. The only time I have had success was by using

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T2-T25-T28...item4ceb5de01d

I was told they were rubbish and they would be useless after any boosted runs. Well, I've had them upto 24psi on Scoffs RR and done a 1200 mile run to Belgium and back and they still don't blow.

Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a genuine sr20det manifold to turbo gasket and never had it leak

Post Thanks / Like

I use the same as andy, I have had one split and blow a hole through it but it was the nuts backing off that caused it to fail. I check my nuts often now

But those gaskets are great as they compress. stainless ones are only good for nice flat surfaces imo. which a 20yr old manifold/turbo isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    I use the same as andy, I have had one split and blow a hole through it but it was the nuts backing off that caused it to fail. I check my nuts often now

But those gaskets are great as they compress. stainless ones are only good for nice flat surfaces imo. which a 20yr old manifold/turbo isn't.
    I should have added, I also installed binx nuts this time also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Gary, I've never had much luck with sealing manifold to turbo and turbo to elbow, I've done stainless, I've done it without and used paste. Leaked either way many many times. The only time I have had success was by using

I was told they were rubbish and they would be useless after any boosted runs. Well, I've had them upto 24psi on Scoffs RR and done a 1200 mile run to Belgium and back and they still don't blow.

Go figure.
    I have heard the same about those gaskets but like you say they can compress which is what i need due to the warp in the flange, Looking at the ones i have posted up they look thick so was hoping that they are like the ones you posted up but wrapped all the way around so nothing can fall out. I have ordered a set so il see how they look and il let everyone know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post

thats the problem i can see where the exh gasses come out and its right in the middle and you can see the curve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post

Go figure.
    I split the one before the turbo on my first run at pod. The thing blew apart.
    Hopefully they are not all like mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
    I use a genuine sr20det manifold to turbo gasket and never had it leak
    whats the genuine one like?

Post Thanks / Like

Gaskets turned up this morning which was a surprise as I ordered them on Sunday, must say the quality of the gaskets is far beyond the pressed steel types. They are about 2-3mm thick so there's loads there to be compressed hopfully these will sort it as nothing else did.

Post Thanks / Like

did you get a Nissan gasket? they are pretty thick old things

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the ones in the link matey. They say there oem quality so guess its like the standard ones.

Post Thanks / Like

They're the kiddies I've reused mine loads of times and it still seals up perfectly