South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TAS quick rack

Hi folks , i was wondering if any one has any experience of these , just how ya fit them and what they are like on the road and track, will it be of any use to me with regards hillclimbing etc, i have a brand new one and was thinking of fitting it?..if its worth it..., cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAS quick rack

makes the steering heavier but worth it for competition as you can keep your hands fixed on the wheel for 90% of corners. TAS went out of business some time ago, I have one and I had to get it rebuilt.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RussellT View Post
    makes the steering heavier but worth it for competition as you can keep your hands fixed on the wheel for 90% of corners. TAS went out of business some time ago, I have one and I had to get it rebuilt.
    Cheers for the reply russ...again.., is it an easy bit of kit to fit?, id like to get an lsd box, but im trying to keep costs tight so i can definetly take part in events..

Post Thanks / Like

Na you dont need it mate..... although I could take it off your hands to help you

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did you aquire the TAS kit?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one too. To be honest, they aint that well designed or made. It needs some modification to get them right. Mine had quite a bit of play, and a couple of tight spots. You really need to loctite the bearing in that the worm gear turns on and either change or modify the circlips that locate the worm gear, else the gear tries to wind its way out when you turn the wheel or hit a bump. The whole thing looked like a death trap waiting to happen to me!!

Got it sorted now, but it was a pain in the arse. A mate of mine had his on and off 5 times trying to sort his. He sold it in the end.

It is a worthy upgrade as the standard rack doesn't quite cut it for a busy day in the office!

Quite easy to fit once you've got the rack off and figured out how to pull it apart It was a while since I did mine, but I seem to remember having to twist off the end cap on the rack with a large monkey wrench to get the actual rack out Its held on with some kinda big spikey washer thing. The worm gear is held on with a circlip under the rubber seal, take that out first! Think theres an exploded pic in the blue haynes manual?

Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good look around for one of these and they seem to be rarer than hens teeth so could I use a williams rack with out the power steering pump running

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    I had a good look around for one of these and they seem to be rarer than hens teeth so could I use a williams rack with out the power steering pump running

you might have to chance the arms on a willy rack as they have a wider track than a gt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 005 View Post
    you might have to chance the arms on a willy rack as they have a wider track than a gt
    I know they have a wider track, I might be using the whole lot from the williams im breaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    I know they have a wider track, I might be using the whole lot from the williams im breaking.

how much of the williams do you have left.i only ask as i have a williams

Post Thanks / Like

The whole car minus ecu wheels and spoiler