Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust blowing?

Hi everyone, my C1J clio is driving me bananas! Today I managed to rip my exhaust off twice, on the same speedbump.
    After finally finding a way of getting underneath it properly I got the bods at the garage to reattach it all nice and tight and 'secure', but now I am paranoid as hell and I am sure it is blowing on the join. I can't see any sooty crap coming out anywhere, but I can hear a hollow tinny sound when driving slowly. Is it all in my head?!?!?

Is there a fool-proof way to be certain if its blowing or not? Either way, I need to raise the car, cut a section out of the Downpipe or drill another exhaust bracket through the car floor!
    Last edited by BabybluGTT; 07-05-2013 at 23:05.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exhaust blowing?

check ur manifold nuts

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will have a look tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Tried putting your hand over the end of the exhaust and get a pal to go underneath? Makes a leak alot more noticeable if there is one there.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill give that a go although my idle is really low I think it will just cut out! I've had a look underneath and in the bay and nothing seems to be loose or have any play, but i am positive i can hear a blow