Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams widetrack. Can bring to scoffs rr day

Clio Williams widetrack front subframe no rot bit of surface rust includes wish bones, anti roll bar and power steering rack £50
    Can email or text pics
    Last edited by Pete@Backyard Racing; 24-09-2013 at 23:38.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clio Williams widetrack front subframe

is the subframe a straight swap?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

All bolts align with the 5gtt she'll except the front near side bolt. The subframe can be drilled in the correct position for the hole.~20mm back of the original hole. Easy to do I have photos if required?
    Also the front gearbox mount hole will need drilling although the position for this is almost marked for you by Renault!

Be aware the Williams wishbones are longer than the 5's and will add caster at the same time as increasing the front track. This will require camber correction, possibly more than you can remove with camber correction bolts. I'd know more if I ever sat mine on its front wheels!
    You may require custom arches or adapt something. The Williams is front track is 1402mm, the 5 is 1323mm (from memory).
    The steering rack is 2.75 turns lock to lock so slightly faster than gtt rack at 3.25 lock to lock.
    Electric PAS can be adapted with many electric/hydraulic pumps. 106/saxo etc
    Alternatively the 5 manual rack will bolt straight on.

Any other questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    All bolts align with the 5gtt she'll except the front near side bolt. The subframe can be drilled in the correct position for the hole.~20mm back of the original hole. Easy to do I have photos if required?
    Also the front gearbox mount hole will need drilling although the position for this is almost marked for you by Renault!

Be aware the Williams wishbones are longer than the 5's and will add caster at the same time as increasing the front track. This will require camber correction, possibly more than you can remove with camber correction bolts. I'd know more if I ever sat mine on its front wheels!
    You may require custom arches or adapt something. The Williams is front track is 1402mm, the 5 is 1323mm (from memory).
    The steering rack is 2.75 turns lock to lock so slightly faster than gtt rack at 3.25 lock to lock.
    Electric PAS can be adapted with many electric/hydraulic pumps. 106/saxo etc
    Alternatively the 5 manual rack will bolt straight on.

Any other questions?
    Cheers Lewis how much do I owe u?

Post Thanks / Like

u have a pm

Post Thanks / Like

Replied

Post Thanks / Like

The other issue with this is the power steering rack gets in the way of the rear engine mount does'nt it? I'm about to tackle this one next week Im using the 16v subframe and rack and planning to redrilling the top mounts holes 17.5mm further out or in your case 39.5mm which i think is a little much
    Last edited by Nick k; 29-04-2013 at 22:24.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the PAS pipes may clash with the rear engine mount. The rack itself should clear ok as Renault 5 diesel's use the same style rear mount as the 5gtt and they also ran PAS.

I think its the design of the Clio 16v and Williams PAS pipes that causes them to foul on the mount, if you can get hold of the pipes from a 5 diesel PAS rack or make your own then you should be ok.

Or fit the Clio 16valve rear mount? I've head they are quite flexible though, unless you fit the Polyurethane bush that's available.

Post Thanks / Like

The clio rear mount does'nt work the same as the 5 rear mount because the clio engine hangs on 2 upper mounts and the back engine mount is to stop it moving like a pendulum, where as the 5's engine weight sites on 3 mounts from below.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a mod you can get from 2 different renaults, im looking for them now?! Its a rubber mount and metal casting that bolts to the top of the subframe which clears the power steering pipes and a rear gearbox bracket it mates too. I've fitted one last year on a 5 as a tester mod too see if it worked, it fitted like a glove think its a megane mount and a laguna bracket ???

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Renault 21 1.9 diesel mount?