Post Thanks / Like

Central locking.

ive asked before but forgot what the outcome was.

I have central locking that works only on the inside button down near the electric window buttons.

I have no key fob, no sensor. No keys to my delocked doors.

I think installing an aftermarket alarm would solve the problem but seems a little over kill.

Do i have any other options.?

Also i have an Electric sunroof that will not work. i cant even find where the fuse would go. ive tried putting a 20amp fuse in all the blank slots to see if it moves. it doesnt.

i want to rip out the leccy sunroof and replace it but i know they are all aftermarket kits

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Central locking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    ive asked before but forgot what the outcome was.

I have central locking that works only on the inside button down near the electric window buttons.

I have no key fob, no sensor. No keys to my delocked doors.

I think installing an aftermarket alarm would solve the problem but seems a little over kill.

Do i have any other options.?

Also i have an Electric sunroof that will not work. i cant even find where the fuse would go. ive tried putting a 20amp fuse in all the blank slots to see if it moves. it doesnt.

i want to rip out the leccy sunroof and replace it but i know they are all aftermarket kits
    M8 sounds like you'll either have to get a sensor and keyfob for the roof console unit or as you said fit an aftermarket alarm with central locking oh i forgot there is one more cheaper option get in through the boot............I think those are your only choices

Post Thanks / Like

An aftermarket alarm or central locking kit is prob our best and easiest way round it mate.

As for the sunroof, are the fuses in the fuse box all ok one could be blown or it could be the switch or even motor. As every sunroof was an aftermarket fit it'll be pretty hard to find one thats the same fit as yours to replace it and one that doesn't leak too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    An aftermarket alarm or central locking kit is prob our best and easiest way round it mate.

As for the sunroof, are the fuses in the fuse box all ok one could be blown or it could be the switch or even motor. As every sunroof was an aftermarket fit it'll be pretty hard to find one thats the same fit as yours to replace it and one that doesn't leak too
    Or if ya dont need the sunroof as many of us dont have that luxury get it blocked off just an idea for u

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MR TURBO View Post
    Or if ya dont need the sunroof as many of us dont have that luxury get it blocked off just an idea for u

I just want a pop on. oh and yes, i do get in thru the boot.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

lol have you got de-locked doors then i take it?

Post Thanks / Like

I just want a pop on. oh and yes, i do get in thru the boot.
    Sheet lol seeing you have delocked doors etc how did ya used to get into it before or maybe you bought it like that i'd prob go for the alarm and as said a little earlier its hard to get a direct fit for yours that will not leak or have to be molested with sealant as they seem to be an individual car thing

Post Thanks / Like

Sheet lol seeing you have delocked doors etc how did ya used to get into it before or maybe you bought it like that i'd prob go for the alarm and as said a little earlier its hard to get a direct fit for yours that will not leak or have to be molested with sealant as they seem to be an individual car thing

How hard would putting an alarm in be?

Could an amature do it or is the renault 5 wiring gunna be a bitch after all these years.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how good they are but you can by remote locking kits on ebay whereby you get just a sensor and keyfob and wire into your existing central locking circuit.

Post Thanks / Like

you'll probably find ther'es a seperate fuse hidden away somewhere for your sun roof as it's not usual to find a electric sunroof in a 5, normally an up and down job, you could run a live staight to your motor to see if it's working though.

sparkrite alarms are easy enough to fit, my mate used to take it out of his car when he sold it and put it in the next one everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricky nicky View Post
    you'll probably find ther'es a seperate fuse hidden away somewhere for your sun roof as it's not usual to find a electric sunroof in a 5, normally an up and down job, you could run a live staight to your motor to see if it's working though.

sparkrite alarms are easy enough to fit, my mate used to take it out of his car when he sold it and put it in the next one everytime.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't sparkrite alarms bottom of the food chain as so to speak steer well clear if i were u!!!!
    Like they have about 3 and a half wires to fit.....takes 15 mins to fit but 5 mins to steal your car
    Last edited by MR TURBO; 25-12-2008 at 18:31.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't sparkrite alarms bottom of the food chain as so to speak steer well clear if i were u!!!!
    Like they have about 3 and a half wires to fit.....takes 15 mins to fit but 5 mins to steal your car

The alarm isnt the issue, ie if i want ed an alarm ide buy a cobra one. I simply want central locking via the fob

Post Thanks / Like

just seems to me you need a basic install ie clifford cobra toad ect need not spend loads of money but leat you will have the alarm and locking all sorted for i would say around the 200 quid mark (basic) install mind you

Post Thanks / Like

for £50 he can get what he wants so why spend £200 on an alarm he doesn't want?, could suggest the clifford avantguard for £850 which will remote start, run as a turbotimer, do total closure while also allowing you to open windows and doors and send a msg when someone standing too close looks at the car. 3 and a half wires diy fitment from a bottom of the foodchain alarm at a quarter of the price is the easiest and cheapest option

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricky nicky View Post
    for £50 he can get what he wants so why spend £200 on an alarm he doesn't want?, could suggest the clifford avantguard for £850 which will remote start, run as a turbotimer, do total closure while also allowing you to open windows and doors and send a msg when someone standing too close looks at the car. 3 and a half wires diy fitment from a bottom of the foodchain alarm at a quarter of the price is the easiest and cheapest option

bottom of the food chain mabey but ive known harris long enough to know he wont be cutting any wires. i also suggested it for an insurance reason as it would be installed by a approved installer. and if it goes wrong you would also have a warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

fittning an alram is fairly straight forward i fitted one to my old black 5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    fittning an alram is fairly straight forward i fitted one to my old black 5
    Yeah it aint rocket science fairly easy aslong as you aint got a complex one where there are loads of optional outputs...I opted for a laserline on my previous 5's worked a treat and dont cost an arm and a leg

Post Thanks / Like

was under the impression he was gonna sort it out himself but halfords sell and fit the kit so will get a years warranty if he did it that way. either way someone will have to cut wires.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used clifford concept 300 in the past. Cheap to get nowadays and easy to fit on a 5. Get them off ebay. you dont need the valet code as such as its embedded in the serial number on the box, Get a G5 blue LED on it and its looks the dogs, its CAT 1 and the central locking works a treat. Most insurance companies wont ask for a cert as due the age of the vehicle. everybodies happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    I've used clifford concept 300 in the past. Cheap to get nowadays and easy to fit on a 5. Get them off ebay. you dont need the valet code as such as its embedded in the serial number on the box, Get a G5 blue LED on it and its looks the dogs, its CAT 1 and the central locking works a treat. Most insurance companies wont ask for a cert as due the age of the vehicle. everybodies happy.

If i get one ya reckon you can come over and help me fit it Nick? theres a sunday lunch in it for ya?

Ps did you get that campus nick? Im looking for one ya see.

Post Thanks / Like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keyless-Entry-...1%7C240%3A1318

Just have a quick look at this guys. Will this solve my problem?

Post Thanks / Like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keyless-Entry-...1%7C240%3A1318

Just have a quick look at this guys. Will this solve my problem?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats if your motors are fine. You can get kits for the same price with aftermarket motors and they work a treat, used to have one on a mk2 golf.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Woz & Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Have a butchers here mate http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

I had no problems with the kit i got

Post Thanks / Like

Coz im such a nervous ebay buyer can someone point me to another central locking kit for my 5 as I am buying it this week.

Thanks guys and thanks to everyone that previously posted in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

should be able to get a central locking kit for around £30 mate from fleabay, easy enough to wire up, only the fobs lack style usally.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate i might have my old one hanging around somewhere i'll have a hunt round for it

Post Thanks / Like

£25 remote central locking kit + £5 door lock solenoid. Just clamp the solenoid to the rod that lifts the button on the driver's door, so that when the central locking kit activates it's relay it pulls the door button up.

No need to go anywhere near the Renault's wiring (unless you want to link to the indicators so they flash when you lock/unlock).

These kits are very flexible and easy to fit. I put on on one of my Subarus that didn't come with remote central locking. Took me 15 minutes of tracking down the right wires to unlock/lock the doors, and 10 minutes to neatly install the kit. In hindsight, it would have been a lot easier to fit a solenoid to the driver's door mechanism than mess about with a voltmeter tracking down which wire needed cutting to get the existing motors to work.

Post Thanks / Like

clio 16v recievers fit, get one with a key, then a blank off ebay cut to ya 5 ignition, then you'll have a 'plip' key.. gangsta!

Post Thanks / Like

How hard would putting an alarm in be?

Could an amature do it or is the renault 5 wiring gunna be a bitch after all these years.
    its a bit of a drive, but i was a cat1 alarm fitter in a previous job.. if ya get an alarm off ebay, eg. toad AI606 then i can fit it for peanuts, takes about 3 hours

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good offer mate I may hold ya to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hebden View Post
    Mate i might have my old one hanging around somewhere i'll have a hunt round for it

Find Find.

Post Thanks / Like

i've fitted toad and cobra, and was trained in gemini if that helps, still got the insurance certs as well

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

If i can fit a toad alarm and its still going strong now-i am sure anyone can with a bit of effort

Post Thanks / Like

Find Find.
    I have a spare plip and sensor i will dig out and try it on mine to see if it works

Post Thanks / Like

If i get one ya reckon you can come over and help me fit it Nick? theres a sunday lunch in it for ya?

Ps did you get that campus nick? Im looking for one ya see.
    Yea got the campus Dropping the turbo engine in this week

Can help you with the locking fitting as well. get a universal locking module. easy to fit. Love a bit of retro positive locking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    I have a spare plip and sensor i will dig out and try it on mine to see if it works
    No mate plip and sensore wont work in my case as i have a Gay sunroof button where the oe sensor would go. I need central locking kit.