Post Thanks / Like

Sandwich Plate Fittings

Does any know what size the fittings are on a 5' C1J sandwich plate as im planning to run an external oil cooler with braided pipes?? 1/2" ?? Cheers.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sandwich Plate Fittings

The OE plate is certainly metric but can't remember the exact size I'm afraid, M14 x 1 seems to ring a bell but can't be 100% sure. I bought some fittings from Think a few years ago for the same job. Will have a dig tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    The OE plate is certainly metric but can't remember the exact size I'm afraid, M14 x 1 seems to ring a bell but can't be 100% sure. I bought some fittings from Think a few years ago for the same job. Will have a dig tomorrow.
    Ok cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the oil cooler pipes for the life of me, turned my parents garrage upside down hunting for them!

Found an old plate though and measured that instead! M18 x 1.5 so was close 1st time round

Plenty of choice in fittings, I went for a male to male threaded adapter in the plate, then used 1/2" push on fittings to make life easier fitting / removing.

Have these spare that may be of use, if you want them send an sae with a token couple of quid and i'll post them back

Last edited by Andy M; 13-05-2013 at 20:41.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    I couldn't find the oil cooler pipes for the life of me, turned my parents garrage upside down hunting for them!

Found an old plate though and measured that instead! M16 x 1.5 so was close 1st time round

Plenty of choice in fittings, I went for a male to male threaded adapter in the plate, then used 1/2" push on fittings to make life easier fitting / removing.

Have these spare that may be of use, if you want them send an sae with a token couple of quid and i'll post them back

These will come in useful!,how much u want for them chief?

Post Thanks / Like

If u search boards I'm sure I asked same question and updated it when I found out :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Andy did'nt see your reply mate, Will them fitting screw into the sandwich plate ??