Post Thanks / Like

Rear Bumper Removal

I know rear bumper removal is probably a ridiculously easy job for many members of the forum, but pulling bits and pieces off a Renault 5 is a new experience for me. I have a Haynes manual on order, but that won't be with me until next week and I want to have a go this weekend.

Can anybody help at all please, even if it's just the basics?

Thank you

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear Bumper Removal

Two bolts on the bottom of the bumper mate, and one bolt either side tucked in the wheel arch area each side.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you TopCat

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome matey

What plans u got going on then?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I bought myself a white 5 from another member with the plan on returning it to standard as cheaply as possible.

It has an aftermarket rear bumper, a bad boy bonnet (yuck), Campus front grille, smoothed tailgate, and a number of bits and pieces inside which are either tatty, missing or not standard.....and all this has to go!

I've managed to spray up an original rear bumper, bonnet and grille using rattle cans and they've come up really well...can't believe how well they have come up using cans alone! I have a few bits of damage to repair on the bodywork as well. In the summer when it's all fixed It'll probably go for a respray. The final touch will be new side decals fitted.

I've never been good with mechanics etc, so any mechanical work will be handed over to mates

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good mate mike at gt turbo spares will have all the stuff you'll need.

Got any pics loaded?