Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Was another great ND weekend. Good to meet up with everyone again, be it the old farts or new rtoc'ers. Big to Jasper and Romain, Bruno, Fred, Pascal, Xenon & the other French guys for making the trip over

Hope you got the downpipe sorted on the 11t. Sorry that the mobile welder idea went south (thanks Grier... )

The weather was stonking alright! 31c I heard being bandied around

Gutted for Eug'/Andy & his Raider, but 5 year old fuel & the 'Heath Robinson' coolant cct setup probably didn't help matters

Thanks to Billy, Tom, Ricardo and Sheryl for the drive of their motors All equally fantastic cars, and easy to see/feel how the evolution of RenaultSport chassis/handling development has progressed since the GTT era.

Shame there wasn't an AGM, but thanks to the Steve, Alex (nice to meet you at last mate! ) & the rest of the Committee for organising ND 2013 After the initial worries regarding (lack of) turn-out, I think those fears were put to bed by Friday evening. The track didn't look mega busy, granted, but going on the overall number of cars/people present, I reckon we had more through the gate this year than last.

Maybe the format/venue doesn't need changing (yet) after all

Already looking forward to next year: Sangliers, National Day, and a definite 'No bling at the Ring' return visit.

Hope to see rtoc'ers galore at all of them
    Sounds like it was a great day :-) really disappointed that I couldn't make it

The 5 STILL not being finished and it clashing with our holiday didn't help.

Def hope I can make it next year- with a fully restored Renault 5 in tow

Well done to all those involved with organising it and also to those who attended.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Turbo UK Festival (RTOC ND) 2013 - Date Change!!! Now is 6th July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Hope you got the downpipe sorted on the 11t. Sorry that the mobile welder idea went south (thanks Grier... )
    LOL, the welder dude was there but alas just bad location for getting the hardware it couldhave been done but hiring cost was £70 hence it was left

Will remember to bring a MIG & TIG next year

Assume it got sorted as nobody came back to me?

Even I have limits on what can be sorted 120miles from home in the sticks seems even getting a fecking tyre for the vrs was a mission

DG

Post Thanks / Like

I have to apologise. I have failed as a Rep, despite my better efforts and enthusiasm, I have yet again failed to amass the ECM, big respect for Karl and Stu turning up, they really made my weekend doing that. It's a real shame as we all used to have such an amazing time.

The up side to this is that I'm getting to know other members a little better, so thanks to those who spent time talking utter rubbish with me.

Fluffy update

Found the massive boost leak in a pipe and got that sorted, and got home to find I have everybit of body kit apart from the one I need, Ross is having a look to see if he has a near side rear wheel arch but if not, it'll be over to you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day and night friday Gutted couldnt stay longer ,enjoy the ride out in coupe Cars ,with big Steve with the spin out lol .Thanks to all members and commitee and big Steve one of the best nd ive been to good to meet new and old members.

Lets hope we have one next year.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    The up side to this is that I'm getting to know other members a little better, so thanks to those who spent time talking utter rubbish with me.

Fluffy update

Found the massive boost leak in a pipe and got that sorted, and got home to find I have everybit of body kit apart from the one I need, Ross is having a look to see if he has a near side rear wheel arch but if not, it'll be over to you guys.
    You're welcome with the utter rubbish.

Glad you found the air leak in the end, where about was the leak in the end?

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic weekend start to finish, great turn out in the end, thanks to all that attended, also thanks to the French and Dutch for attending! Met lots of new people, and even the Missus didn't complain all weekend!

Had far too much ale at blyton and paid for it Sunday morning... Got half way home Sunday and decided to turn round and go to pod! Excellent turn out for the club

Post Thanks / Like

I have not stopped smiling since Friday afternoon when I set off for Blyton.

Jokes and laughs all the way up. Camping next to Master Chef Stott was superb. Casper, cheers for the beers. Stuart Austin for the entertainment. Waller for the tunes. Dale for the jokes (but Bigfoot is a joker!), Karl for the 9, Jonathan Smith for keeping my car on track, Mike and CGB for the WICKED parts stands (rescued quite a few people), Andy M for the sealant (and advise), Big Steve for being Big Steve, ALL the committee boys (love my T-shirt)! Steve for sorting ND out and not giving up (on track too).

I keep having little flashbacks of the weekend, so apologies if I have not mentioned you have or below. Much love also goes out to:

DJ, Paul, Andy (logg) and the other Andy one, Marc and Mark, Dave (he bought his porche along but was too scared to see if it would do more than 250 on the rollers), Jaffa and the northern crew, Camp Sargent, including Duncan, Frenchies + Jesus2, Brigsy + Misses, That dude with the twin engine R5...

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen all the pics yet but by the sounds of it it must have been a great weekend!

Sure hope i have more luck attending next year!

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a great weekend, didn't bring anything French but looking at some of the quality cars that turned up just makes me wanna finish my gtt for next year..

I think the best line up of cars were the French guys, fecking lovely line up..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    just makes me wanna finish my gtt for next year..

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ready for paint you cheeky sod, then it's a slow rebuild...

Very slow..

Post Thanks / Like

same here. a big thanks to the rtoc commitie for sorting out ND.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome weekend. Had great fun chasing st cup around blyton in the meg!

Good to see the regulars and new faces! Big thanks to kris m & Andy bond for letting me hoon there cars around the track. Big thanks for the people that made this day happen

Post Thanks / Like

MASSIVE THANK YOU to all involved in making ND happen

And a big personal Thank you to Bigsteve,Alex and Romal

Had such a great weekend, great to meet and see some of the old timers and great to meet other members too

All in all, the wkend was perfect - weather, company, BBQ, booze and f**k me the car did it all in 20+ something degrees

Roll on next year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    You're welcome with the utter rubbish.

Glad you found the air leak in the end, where about was the leak in the end?
    Boost pipe (oe ) from turbo to intercooler - took it nice n easy on the way home and to Pod

Post Thanks / Like

Boost pipe (oe ) from turbo to intercooler
    I had a spare too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    I had a spare too!
    I'd already hacked a good one of yours up 1 was enough. I didn't want to do another one.

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

MASSIVE THANKS TO STEVE and the rest of the committee for sorting another great day out!

Besides a boost pipe issue in the morning the car went well so very happy, track manners were great all day apart from whoever was in the maroon Clio who nearly punted my misses off the track a few times - INCLUDING THE NOVICE SESSION She spent the day learning the car and gaining confidence, not what was needed... Still she only span twice and the signpost only dented a few panels

Highlights were seeing everyone and catching up with peeps - thank you to everyone for making Emma so welcome too. And marts cheeky banter lol.

Also managed to get MIKE PH1 16V out for a quick spin round the track when Em wasn't driving, judging by the look on your face Mike i think you enjoyed it... maybe lol

Hope to see you all next year or before guys!

Maybe a cadwell or Coombe trackday soon???????

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks to all who organised a fantastic ND this year, Blyton were the perfect host's too so a big thank you to them also.

Had a fantastic weekend and got to do plenty of laps in both the 9 and the 172, both good on track but the Clio is soooooo easy to drive with power steering and A/C for cooling down laps, .

Took loads of pic's, done loads of laps , used lots of fuel and drank enough stuff to sleep through anything... had a great time chatting to some old and new members alike,

Big shout out to the french and dutch guys n gals who made the epic journey too, well done one and all.

now.... need to get some work done to pay for next years event

Post Thanks / Like

Did the French massive get back safe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    We all got to Calais ok, only a waterpump revision at the holiday-inn in Maidstone at about one o'clock at night. It wasn't mine this time, it was fred2 his pump wich leaked.
    I had only a little fuel pump relay problem the next morning, but that was fixed quick by megabytes! In Calais we split up, I don't know if anyone had troubles after that....

Just want to say that I had a great weekend at your National day festival again!!!
    Nice people with lots of humor, more than enough beer and some good BBQ's
    I tried the whole package: driving at Blyton park, the dyno and doing some sprints at Santa Pod for the first time in my life.
    It was great, will be there again next year!!!

By the way, we duchies have an Ardennes weekend 21 and 22 September you are all more than welcome to join! just send me a PM or so if you want to come or know more.
    Google translated LINK
    In short the ardennes weekend is Beer and BBQ on a campsite in the ardennes the 21st and the 22nd a tour throug the ardennes to the ring and have some laps there.

Greets Jasper / Jesus2

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff so glad you could join us.. I'm hoping to make next years trip ober the waters to see you guys.. You guys show so much passion and comittment to the 5s and all your cars were great and a credit to you..

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to apologise. I have failed as a Rep, despite my better efforts and enthusiasm, I have yet again failed to amass the ECM, big respect for Karl and Stu turning up, they really made my weekend doing that. It's a real shame as we all used to have such an amazing time.

Fluffy update

No worries mate, - we had a blast with ya as always, you loving the 'sex seat'

No need to apologise Andy, you've not failed as a rep, - look at last years epic Cambridge curry meet! also the ones round yours Senna night etc Not an easy job rounding up the ECM sheep! lol. You cant force them to go, they must have had other things going on last weekend which is understandable. Be good to sort another local get together soon, bit of tnt, cheeky bbq whatever im up for helping to sort it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    No worries mate, - we had a blast with ya as always, you loving the 'sex seat'

No need to apologise Andy, you've not failed as a rep, - look at last years epic Cambridge curry meet! also the ones round yours Senna night etc Not an easy job rounding up the ECM sheep! lol. You cant force them to go, they must have had other things going on last weekend which is understandable. Be good to sort another local get together soon, bit of tnt, cheeky bbq whatever im up for helping to sort it
    Thanks for that Karl, Let's get a bbq arranged.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add further big thanks to all involved in arranging the event and taking the time out to let us all have a smooth day on track and site

Dave the fuego sounded great on track but def kept my distance in the fast bends - look twitchie to say the least fair play for almost taming the beast

If anyone has any hald decent clips of my ikle beast going round would appriciate it, never got time to put the racelogic box in let alone recording video lol

To confirm I was the smallest yellow one with black bonnet and engine popping out

Still buzzing from weekend now and making it hard to get back to work and other peoples conversions.................booooo

Lookinglike I will be doing Bedford GT circuit this monday coming

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Yesssss everyones goes home without problems

we want to thanks a lot every organisation guys, this week end was OOOWWSSSOOOMMMMEEEEEE !!!

Blyton park was perfect, as usual
    But Santa Pod.... Omfg, wonderfull !!!

Really, really nice ! thanks a lot again for all !!!

Post Thanks / Like

As already said what a superb weekend. Say no more!

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    As already said what a superb weekend. Say no more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Megabytes View Post
    Yesssss everyones goes home without problems

we want to thanks a lot every organisation guys, this week end was OOOWWSSSOOOMMMMEEEEEE !!!

Blyton park was perfect, as usual
    But Santa Pod.... Omfg, wonderfull !!!

Really, really nice ! thanks a lot again for all !!!
    Ha I take it there are no 263mph cars in France then? Special day all round..

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James_Surridge G1 5 GTT View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Ha I take it there are no 263mph cars in France then? Special day all round..

There is but... I have never see that in real !
    And the Santa Pod spirit is.... Crazy freak

We loved that !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Dave the fuego sounded great on track but def kept my distance in the fast bends - look twitchie to say the least fair play for almost taming the beast
    Yeah twitchy isnt the word for it....as much as being light is great I think I might ballast the back end to stabilise it a bit!

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of interest was there no ND stickers/plaques this year?
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 14-07-2013 at 07:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of interest was there no ND stickers/plaques this year?
    Regrettably we didnt do any this year Paul. It will be at the top of the list of item for 2014.

I got a spare "camping" wrist band I could send you

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was fantastic, wished we could have come but we were on holiday.

Well done to all involved this year

Where's all the photos? I wanna seeee