Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

f7r throttle bodies and cams?

Hi peeps, i am wanting to give my f7r powered 5 some zest without going turbo'd. i'm going down the throttle body route with a set of cams but not sure who's product to go with as there are a few choices. Im told that to be able to put tbs on these engines i need to change the flywheel to a clio 172? this was a while ago tho so maybe someone has come up with a new method so i can keep the williams f wheel? does any one know what i need to get the job done, has any one done it to a 5 as there isn't a lot of space for tbs to fit in-between the slam panel and head.
    Also what cams to use, and management? want to squeeze around 200 bhp give or take but would love to hit the 220 mark however don't really want to be having to up rate the internals. head work is a possibility tho.

Can any one of you fine fellows put me in the rite direction? much appreciated!!! fred.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: f7r throttle bodies and cams?

Hi Fred,

It's a coincidence that you ask about the flywheel and management, the F7P flywheel is now supported in the new Adaptronic ECU's. For a while there wasn't much that could support the Renix pattern.

Have a look at the basic offering here:
    http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=298

I'm happy to help you with management any way I can.

Regards the lack of space for ITBs, maybe a shorter radiator mounted lower down will free up enough room.

Cheers, Chris (efi-parts)

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the original ecu from the f7 engine and bike carbs on my blue f7r clio.
    Plenty of room for bike carbs, not as expensive as itbs.
    It goes fairly well! Just ask Jesus in the seat of a five, g10far, Penfold....they all had passenger rides at brands hatch.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, have not ruled out twin carbs as like tb"s they do sound sexual! but don't you need to keep tweaking them tho? also the drivability is impaired at low revs compared to the bods, needless to say i would love to be taken for a blat in your motor before i make any decisions ?????
    Am liking your management product Chris and if tb's are the route i take then think it maybe just the ticket. for now tho the thought of the car being off the road for another summer crucifies me so think i'm just going to use it and see how healthy the motor is before i do any mods. On a different topic, i have another project which needs finishing off. Engine wiring loom needs to be made, management system plus other little niggling bits mainly electrical then to be set up on the rollers. How busy are you as i would like you to do the work. its a b18ft powered 5 similar engine spec to matts rear engined rwd car that was featured a few yrs back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fred rowland View Post
    Thanks guys, have not ruled out twin carbs as like tb"s they do sound sexual! but don't you need to keep tweaking them tho? also the drivability is impaired at low revs compared to the bods, needless to say i would love to be taken for a blat in your motor before i make any decisions ?????
    More than happy to give you a ride in the blue car, the bike carbs never go out of tune like some dcoe style carbs, and you really do not notice any loss of torque, for example, with penfolds Red R5 I converted to bike carbs, I took him out in it for the first test run. In 5th gear at 35 mph I floored the throttle and it didn't fart or cough, it just dug in and went until we ran out of road.
    That was on a standard clio 16v ecu, dealing with the ignition side only.
    Last edited by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports; 10-01-2013 at 23:06. Reason: iPhone won't let me spell properly. Phucking thing!

Post Thanks / Like

To a certain extent, I will be selling my kit soon so if you wanted a direct bolt on setup, give me a shout.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i would be interested, let me have a ride 1st tho eh! Why you wanting to sell anyway, you changing to tb's?
    hoping to get my car on the road in the next couple of months so what better way to see how it performs than a rinse down to kent!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have jenveys and an omex to fit to it now. Coming out of road going and going into mod prod in the sprint classes.
    Last edited by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports; 12-01-2013 at 17:06.