Post Thanks / Like

Broken wiper spindal and wrecked turbo heatshield.

I was driving back from carlisle last night in the rain and overtook a car at about 90 and suddely my drivers wiper blade done 180 degrees then kept hitting the pillar.Took me ages to get home with having to stop and wipe the window all the time

My dad had a look at it in the garage for me today and the wiper spindal on the frame has broke which has mashd my wiper arm hole.I need a new screen anyways due to mine being badly scratched so gonna get dave sbs to fit me a brand new one then repair the hole while the screen is out.Gonna see if renault can get me a new spindle.

We recently changed my starter motor and noticed their wasnt much left of the turbo heatshield and a few week ago after giving the car some stick the heatshield dropped against the glowing turbo and made a nice little bit of smoke.Noticed a smell last night aswell so my dads gonna make one out of a wire frame and some sort of fire blanket.Better than paying £50 off cgb or getting a metal one which maybe wont do the job as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broken wiper spindal and wrecked turbo heatshield.

Think this is in the wrong section mate

As for the turbo heat shield, there are alot of 5 GT Turbos that dont run with one, to be honest its not really a big issue IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry will someone move this for me please.I got a new spindle on the way for £25 from renault and nobody has ever heard of this breaking before.

Post Thanks / Like

did'nt hear of them breaking before but if they were over torqued they might stretch and snap or if the car was in a previous collision the bonnet may have bent it!! as for the h/shield...allways put there for a good reason,i have a spare one if your interested!

Post Thanks / Like

i've had one break but that was probably down to the single wiper conversion.

i've ran with and without heat sheild and the only difference i found without is my tdc lead started to melt so it's worth having

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael tierney View Post
    did'nt hear of them breaking before but if they were over torqued they might stretch and snap or if the car was in a previous collision the bonnet may have bent it!! as for the h/shield...allways put there for a good reason,i have a spare one if your interested!
    My dad made one out of the old one/wire and fire blanket because didnt want to pay £50 from renault.Thanks anyway.

The car definately hasnt been in a crash was maybe damaged when it was removed by someone in the past or something.