Post Thanks / Like

C1J Steel liners

i've been looking into getting these done locally, and obviously cheaper in bulk so though i'd see if anyone else is after some

they will be exact copies of standard gt turbo liners, but machined from EN24T steel, then honed by a local engine builder so are ready to go

They are looking to be approx £300 a set of 4, which is less than half what the k-tec ones are

if anyone is interested then let me know

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: C1J Steel liners

I tried a few years ago to get these. There are 30 separate machine operations, he said. So the price would be high and the quantity required high.

£300 is the best price these have been isn't it?

Will there be any quality assurance? Warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C1J Steel liners

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I tried a few years ago to get these. There are 30 separate machine operations, he said. So the price would be high and the quantity required high.

£300 is the best price these have been isn't it?

Will there be any quality assurance? Warranty?
    yea machining costs are the bulk of it, price is for 5, more sets and it will be less but can't confirm yet

warranty, as with anything like that 'made to order' there wouldn't be as such, honing would be done by scholar engineering or randals race engines and they would check them whilst they are being honed to make sure everything was ok

hope this helps, but yes its cheap compared to k-tecs £750 a set! shows how much markup they potentially put on