Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

added pictures of rebuilt engine ready to go in!!!!

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

engine and box rebuilt and ready to go in!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: added pictures of rebuilt engine ready to go in!!!!

Should be ready tonight then

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    Should be ready tonight then

shes in garage having respay passenger side due to a blind idiot reversing into her but luckily not too bad damage but still want her to be mint again!! engine in next week so ready for her first event with you guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good looks like all the right bit's for a lively car.

Can I just ask did you spray the clutch red or is it a techniclutch item?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logg View Post
    Looking good looks like all the right bit's for a lively car.

Can I just ask did you spray the clutch red or is it a techniclutch item?

its an uprated clutch i bought off my friend as his got written off and never had chance to fit it, i believe it come that colour because neither of us sprayed it that colour. yeah shes nearly ready for the events soon cant wait to get her back monday to fit the engine and box.

Post Thanks / Like

In which case mate ask your friend where it came from as techniclutch paint there clutches red and are renowned as being poor. Nothing worse than fitting a new lump only to have to take it back out.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

In which case mate ask your friend where it came from as techniclutch paint there clutches red and are renowned as being poor. Nothing worse than fitting a new lump only to have to take it back out.

ive just spoke to my mate and hes admitted painting it as his block was red, thanks though could have been bad if it had to come back out, you got me worrying there for a min!! im happy again now though, any idea where i can get the blue top for my forge header tank? also want to get a t28 roller bearing turbo as thinking of getting rid of the tomcat t25. thanks

he said it was from black diamond, and its a kevlar stage 2 kit and cost about £180 ish
    Last edited by JonM; 21-09-2012 at 20:47.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the shameles plug but i have a really good t28 that id sell but id like good money for it as i know its history and price etc...
    car looks good though and thats its coming along well.......

Post Thanks / Like

That's excellent news. all you have to do is google techniclutch and its bad news.

Single silicone hoses are normally hard to come by but eBay or a sneaky wanted ad on here would be your best bet.

As for turbo I'm not too sure but Tomcat turbo can be good enough for 200bhp on the right engine.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    sorry for the shameles plug but i have a really good t28 that id sell but id like good money for it as i know its history and price etc...
    car looks good though and thats its coming along well.......

ok then matey, is it roller bearing, and if its in good condition what price u after????

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's excellent news. all you have to do is google techniclutch and its bad news.

Single silicone hoses are normally hard to come by but eBay or a sneaky wanted ad on here would be your best bet.

As for turbo I'm not too sure but Tomcat turbo can be good enough for 200bhp on the right engine.

yeah ill av a look at that then, noooo i was after the blue pressure cap on the top of water bottle header tank which is a forge alloy one, i cant find one anywhere without having to buy the whole header tank with it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    ok then matey, is it roller bearing, and if its in good condition what price u after????
    Hi jon , its a t28 roller bearing unit , purchased for nearly £900..., it only did various track days and a few thousand on the road till it came off the car when the engine died.. id be looking for £500 ovno... its a fantastic unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    yeah ill av a look at that then, noooo i was after the blue pressure cap on the top of water bottle header tank which is a forge alloy one, i cant find one anywhere without having to buy the whole header tank with it
    Bugger sorry on phone and didn't really read it fully. I'm sure someone on here recently bought a new cap but I can't remember who or where sorry. Try throwing forge and cap into the search function you never know your luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger sorry on phone and didn't really read it fully. I'm sure someone on here recently bought a new cap but I can't remember who or where sorry. Try throwing forge and cap into the search function you never know your luck.
    contact schkal, aka evern on here , he will sort out your cap... or i might have a spare.

Post Thanks / Like

can second that found out the hard way a few years back with a mondeo st24 and no ramps

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    Hi jon , its a t28 roller bearing unit , purchased for nearly £900..., it only did various track days and a few thousand on the road till it came off the car when the engine died.. id be looking for £500 ovno... its a fantastic unit.

Ok mate, let me work out some fundage as about to go away with the mrs for our 1 year wedding anniversary, I'm def interested as long as shes not a smoker!! and if you have got a spare blue cap that would be great. I'll be in touch mate.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royz View Post
    can second that found out the hard way a few years back with a mondeo st24 and no ramps

Yeah glad I joined this site always good to get opinions and good feed back, tough days trying to make things straight forward for myself not more work than I need to lol...