Post Thanks / Like

Critical system warning

A friend of mine has a pop up saying the above!!

Obviously it sounds serious,

my mate is wondering if it's window's doing it's job & alerting him of the threat,or could it be a hacker trying to get him to download something that will make things worse?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critical system warning

Down the bottom right hand side of the taskbar by any chance? I've had this fecker before, bit of a cnut to get rid of to!

I think what I done was download a program called SmitFruadFix, run it and update it. Once updated, download and install SpyBot Search and Destroy, update and immunize your system with this program. If you have anti-virus installed (which you should) update the latest virus definition files for this also.

Restart the PC in safe mode, run the SmitFraud program first and scan your system, fix anything that it finds. Once this has finished, run SpyBot Search and Destroy and perform a scan of your system with this, fix any problems that it finds. After the spyware has been removed with these two programs, open your antivirus software and perform a full system scan, delete or quarantine any files that it detects.

Restart your machine and see if the message still pops up, 9/10 this clears any problems related to spyware etc... If this doesn't solve your problem smash it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have u tried restoring to an earlier date???

Post Thanks / Like

We had something like that from BEBO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7773340.stm

Have a look at this, it may be the same thing. We had to re-boot ourlap top in the end. Now have Avast 4.8 anti virus and all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sy5GTT View Post
    We had something like that from BEBO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7773340.stm

Have a look at this, it may be the same thing. We had to re-boot ourlap top in the end. Now have Avast 4.8 anti virus and all is well.
    Avast is definately the way ahead sod norton and all the other anti-virus software i have had avast for years now and not one single problem plus its free and they will let you update every year for free too

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah definately avoid Norton! its like a virus in its own right with all the resources it trys to use up and manage.